Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Liquor Thread

PokerPacker

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Anyone try this yet?

Peanut butter whiskey. 

12291752132638.png

I found it disgusting and couldn't even muscle through a shot of it. I guess it's for people who don't whiskey. 

Taking off work tomorrow,  so I broke the "no alcohol during the week" rule.  

I'm gonna miss this one...

20210309_182328.jpg

41 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I bet Peanut Butter Bourbon would go well with grape schnapps.  

Goes good with Howler Head Banana whiskey too. Real Elvis vibe. Also they have the Mini’s of Skrewball at VAABC. 

9AAE3454-FC9B-4844-A950-75B106D046F2.jpeg

Edited by HOF44

3 hours ago, HOF44 said:

Goes good with Howler Head Banana whiskey too. Real Elvis vibe. Also they have the Mini’s of Skrewball at VAABC. 

9AAE3454-FC9B-4844-A950-75B106D046F2.jpeg

When I first saw Howler Head was a sponsor of UFC I was leery it was one of those "latest trend" brands that would be here and gone in a few months.  I was grocery shopping and waked by a display of the bottles and saw they were only $21 so I decided what the hell, I'll give it a shot.  Keep in mind I don't drink much hard alcohol period anymore.  Gotta admit, the stuff is very good, easy to drink, extremely smooth.  Dangerous......ly good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Here's my treat to myself after a long day of work today.  Served in Irish crystal.

Knappogue.jpg

A buddy of mine sent me a sample of the 16 year.   I drank a ****-ton of whiskey, while we were in Ireland, and the 16 year is one of the best that I've ever had.   I'm going to buy a bottle, the next time I see it on the shelf.

• Like 1

Latest haul. 

Couldn't pass up liter bottles of Buffalo Trace for $21.99.

I snagged the Woodford rye at the recommendation of @HOF44 . I'm not a fan of Woodford Reserve bourbon.  I just cracked the rye.  It's really,  really good. It's sweeter than most ryes that I'm accustomed to, but it works.  I'll keep this one in the rotation.  

20210318_211514.jpg

• Like 5

Whiskey makers face worsening hangover from trade dispute

A hangover from Trump-era tariff disputes could become even more painful for American whiskey distillers unless their entanglement in a trans-Atlantic trade fight is resolved soon.

Bourbon, Tennessee whiskey and rye whiskey were left out of recent breakthroughs to start rebuilding U.S. trade relations with the European Union and the United Kingdom in the wake of Donald Trump's presidency. Tariffs were suspended on some spirits, but the 25% tariffs slapped on American whiskey by the EU and UK remain in place. And the EU's tariff rate is set to double to 50% in June in the key export market for U.S. whiskey makers.

A leading spirits advocate is imploring top U.S. trade envoy Katherine Tai to not leave whiskey producers behind. The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States urged her to press for an immediate suspension of the European tariffs and to secure agreements removing them.

American whiskey makers have been caught up in the trans-Atlantic trade dispute since mid-2018, when the EU imposed tariffs on American whiskey and other U.S. products in response to Trump’s decision to slap tariffs on European steel and aluminum.

Since then, American whiskey exports to the EU are down by 37%, costing whiskey distillers hundreds of millions in revenue between 2018 and 2020, the council said. American whiskey exports to the UK, the industry's fourth-largest market, have fallen by 53% since 2018, it said.

Click on the link for the full article