Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Liquor Thread

PokerPacker

21 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Well, not all of them are aged that long.  I just picked up some Ardbeg Wee Beastie last week which is a 5-year Scotch.  Granted it is cheaper than their older Scotches.

How do you like it? I’m down to my last bottle of the 10yr (stocked up when it went on sale a few months back) and I’m planning to buy a Wee Beastie when I’m out. 

55 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

How do you like it? I’m down to my last bottle of the 10yr (stocked up when it went on sale a few months back) and I’m planning to buy a Wee Beastie when I’m out. 

Ardbeg 10yr is my go-to.

I have a bottle of Wee Beastie. It's okay, but not nearly as good as the 10 year.  You can tell it's a young whiskey. Too young. 

1 hour ago, HOF44 said:

This pretty much. Once you mix it doesn’t really make much difference in taste.  Just get the cheaper stuff. 

Aka "Nectar of the Gods"

Screenshot_20210224-213458_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

As you'd expect from a 5 year, it's not quite as good as it's 10 year counterpart, but it still very much tastes like an Ardbeg.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Ardbeg 10yr is my go-to.

I have a bottle of Wee Beastie. It's okay, but not nearly as good as the 10 year.  You can tell it's a young whiskey. Too young. 

Aka "Nectar of the Gods"

Mellow Corn has a nice diesel taste if that’s your thing. Most likely the worst whiskey ever made. Buy at your own peril. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HOF44 said:

Mellow Corn has a nice diesel taste if that’s your thing. Most likely the worst whiskey ever made. Buy at your own peril. 

9 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Mmm yes, some diesel notes and copper with a little bit of porta-potty on the finish. 

****ing Haters!

8 hours ago, tshile said:

@HOF44 I did win the Elmer t Lee 100 tribute lottery. It’s delicious. Also almost gone.  

If memory serves, your wife is a bourbon fan too?  Didn't you, and her, stop by one of our tailgates and sip a little bourbon with us? 

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

****ing Haters!

If memory serves, your wife is a bourbon fan too?  Didn't you, and her, stop by one of our tailgates and sip a little bourbon with us? 

She’s actually the real drinker.  Loved the GTS neat.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Correct. A few times. Miss those days... when this stupid pandemic is over we should get together and go camping in the summer...

anyways, she has an actual pallet and does well. 

I on the other hand have a garbage pallet 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tshile said:

Correct. A few times. Miss those days... when this stupid pandemic is over we should get together and go camping in the summer...

anyways, she has an actual pallet and does well. 

I on the other hand have a garbage pallet 

Cool....I thought so....I'm relieved that my memory isn't completely shot.    Where do you keep your pallets?  In the garage? 🤣

5 hours ago, HOF44 said:

She’s actually the real drinker.  Loved the GTS neat.  

Yup!  Me too!   I loved sitting around the back of your vehicle, sipping on GTS and playing the "guess that proof" game..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Cool....I thought so....I'm relieved that my memory isn't completely shot.    Where do you keep your pallets?  In the garage? 🤣

Yup!  Me too!   I loved sitting around the back of your vehicle, sipping on GTS and playing the "guess that proof" game..

Remember the game Dfitz and Karla were at where he first tried GTS?   He was a whiskey drinker but not used to high proof, high quality spirits.  He drank a LOT of GTS because it’s so smooth compared to the proof.  He didn’t wake up until after halftime.  He was banned from the back of the truck from then on.  

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, HOF44 said:

Remember the game Dfitz and Karla were at where he first tried GTS?   He was a whiskey drinker but not used to high proof, high quality spirits.  He drank a LOT of GTS because it’s so smooth compared to the proof.  He didn’t wake up until after halftime.  He was banned from the back of the truck from then on.  

Yup!!   Karla is a Saint!   

That GTS is borderline "crushable" it's so smooth.   I remember my first pour of GTS, and you asked me to "guess the proof"  I think I said 115, or something like that.   It was 134 proof 🤯

The "back of the truck" is/was my favorite bar. Ever! 

More high quality whiskey flowed out of the back of your truck, than is available at most bars.   

What was the name of that bar in Lexington, where we drank those flights?

Edit:  My favorite bar in the world is your kitchen....

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Yup!!   Karla is a Saint!   

That GTS is borderline "crushable" it's so smooth.   I remember my first pour of GTS, and you asked me to "guess the proof"  I think I said 115, or something like that.   It was 134 proof 🤯

The "back of the truck" is/was my favorite bar. Ever! 

More high quality whiskey flowed out of the back of your truck, than is available at most bars.   

What was the name of that bar in Lexington, where we drank those flights?

Edit:  My favorite bar in the world is your kitchen....

Something Proper, but it’s out of business now. Covid killed it. The GTS was 144.  We will do some more kitchen drinking when we are clear of all this crap. 

Edited by HOF44
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Something Proper, but it’s out of business now. Covid killed it. The GTS was 144.  We will do some more kitchen drinking when we are clear of all this crap. 

That's a damn shame.   144?  Hard to tell, it was so smooth.   The ice made it sublime.

I'd get a Covid shot, just to drink in your kitchen😆

On 2/25/2021 at 4:51 PM, HOF44 said:

Oh man, I remember somebody asking me for a napkin and I was like, "Oh, I have one!"

I reached into my pocket and discovered handfuls of tailgate food I had been stuffing in there without realizing it.

Yes, Karla is a saint.  She still warns me not to get too close to you if there's whiskey around.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

Oh man, I remember somebody asking me for a napkin and I was like, "Oh, I have one!"

I reached into my pocket and discovered handfuls of tailgate food I had been stuffing in there without realizing it.

Yes, Karla is a saint.  She still warns me not to get too close to you if there's whiskey around.

Lol! 

We're a bad influence!

Give Karla and the kids hugs from Fran & I.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dfitzo53 said:

Will do! We're looking forward to at least coming to draft day with the fam once it's safe to do so.

Yes tell Karla hello, we miss you guys!!!

3 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

You know it’s some good whiskey when you’re stuffing actual food into your pockets!!!  

• Like 1