Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

58% of Republicans in the USA think colleges and universities are bad for the country

mcsluggo

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

@Popeman38 Dont take a few jokes too far out of the park playa. There are plenty of reason to have a problem with higher education. As much as I correlate racism, intolerance and stupidity to a lack of education. Im not saying this is the sole reason the "right" hates education. My honest view on education is more in line with the "right" if im being honest with myself. 

But it is a fun way to talk **** to you (assumption) guys later see expect to see it again sometime soon. :P 

Im going to ignore the "this is why we have Donald Trump" crap though. Thats stupid and you know it lol

i agree with you- except for the last sentence (if i'm understanding you correctly). if youre talking about an anti-pc backlash (independent of whether PC run amok is a legitimate issue or not), that certainly had alot to do with trump being elected.

8 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

If the GOP base elected Donald Trump as a response to PC then they deserve every bit of the labeling that they get for being the party of stupid.

edit: Every single attempt at blaming the democrats for Trump is equally stupid.

Dems as individuals did not elect Trump. The DNC assisted in the crazy by not campaigning in middle America. Hillary contributed by not campaigning directly in battleground states (because she and they did not see them as battleground but as safe). I'm not blaming Dem voters. I'm blaming Dem strategists and strategies. They ****ed up. Arguing against it is stickimg your head in the sand. The GOP voters who caved to Trump are to blame, yes. But a campaign that doesn't include anywhere but the coasts thumbed their noses at voters that the n past elections voted Dems. The margins in PA, MI, and WI were close. 

Trump should have gotten 5% of the popular vote. Actually, he should never have been the "Republican" nominee. Yeah, it was a poorly run campaign by the dems but the GOP's actions and behaviors over the past ten years are the real reason why we are where we are. Even now the vast majority of what is masquerading around as the Republican Party refuses to do anything about it... they are the ones who truly have their heads in the sand.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

@Popeman38 But it is a fun way to talk **** to you (assumption) guys later see expect to see it again sometime soon. :P 

Like I have said before, if I am a conservative or GOPer than the liberals on this board truly are the extreme far left of the political spectrum. I am the definition of middle of the road. 

1 hour ago, grego said:

i agree with you- except for the last sentence (if i'm understanding you correctly). if youre talking about an anti-pc backlash (independent of whether PC run amok is a legitimate issue or not), that certainly had alot to do with trump being elected.

You know what..... The anti-PC backlash (I wasn't talking about this at all initially) did have something to do with it. And its a legitimate issue to me. We are too PC. But is thats not what im going to let these people hang their hats on. 

Point blank period. Bigotry and a severe lack of intelligence got a bigot with severe lack of intelligence elected. Thats it. Thats all. My last line is more a reference to the excuses on why we have this dude as Pres. I know the left is bad at admitting their faults. But I dont fault them for this guy outside of colluding with Hill Dog. One and only mistake that lead to this, IMO. We both know this isnt the topic for this, though. So Ill save it. I agreed with you again, too. Keeping a tally lol. 

6 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Like I have said before, if I am a conservative or GOPer than the liberals on this board truly are the extreme far left of the political spectrum. I am the definition of middle of the road. 

I kinda peeped it and its the only reason I added the (Assumption) thing. I wouldn't devalue your opinion because I thought you where on the right. But it does help to know you are in the middle. Honestly I say the same about myself. I know I dont come off like that all the time though. So I understand. 

If it makes you feel better I found you extremely educated for a possible Republican :P

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Uh oh, now a dick measuring contest on who's in the middle of the road!  

I am the most middle. No one is more middle than me. Only I can be middle. *More Trump middle talk*

Hillary losing the general election vs. Trump getting the (R) nomination are two separate issues though.

Do we think Hillary would have lost regardless of who the GOP nominee was?

The "Trump situation" really deserves it's own uber-analytical research.

Mainly, why did a guy who demonstrated time and time again that he had no clue about how just about anything in government works, nor seemed to have a clue about any actual issues gain enough support to win the GOP nomination and general election,  I could understand maybe the initial "ahh we're angry" support of Trump, but once he opened his mouth a few times, that should have gone away and given way to one of the many other GOP choices.

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Hillary losing the general election vs. Trump getting the (R) nomination are two separate issues though.

Do we think Hillary would have lost regardless of who the GOP nominee was?

The "Trump situation" really deserves it's own uber-analytical research.

Mainly, why did a guy who demonstrated time and time again that he had no clue about how just about anything in government works, nor seemed to have a clue about any actual issues gain enough support to win the GOP nomination and general election,  I could understand maybe the initial "ahh we're angry" support of Trump, but once he opened his mouth a few times, that should have gone away and given way to one of the many other GOP choices.

Combination of:

1. Many people just hating Hilary so much that they'd vote for anyone. Hilary overall was a pretty weak candidate. Bernie would have crushed Trump.

2. Trump told many Americans what they wanted to hear: I'll bring back coal jobs, I'll kick out the ilegals taking your jobs, etc. etc. Say what you will about Trump but he is a master at manipulating the idiotic masses.

3. Some voted for Trump just because he was "different" and they were just so sick of the status quo. I never understood the "we don't want a politician as President" argument. Why not? A politician knows what they're doing. Its like saying you want a lawyer who didn't go to law school.

Middle. Hmm. 

I would prefer everyone to point out there political middle points. 

I own guns...it is my right. I don't rally for them, I don't advise folks to own them... but as a right... I should have them. 

I believe that women have the right to choose. 

Yet...Men need rights too regarding that. 

I believe in using precautionary measures with children in the balance. 

I could go on, yet most will fall on a deaf ear. 

Unfortunately. 

Aww man. 

Education. I have indeed advocated a different education system. 

Apple should have their own school. Same as many billion dollar companies. 

2 year plan, paid off by service, realized when the bill does not kill your future. 

2 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Middle. Hmm. 

I own guns...it is my right. I don't rally for them, I don't advise folks to own them... but as a right... I should have them. 

I believe that women have the right to choose. 

Yet...Men need rights too regarding that. 

I believe in using precautionary measures with children in the balance. 

I could go on, yet most will fall on a deaf ear. 

Unfortunately. 

Well you're WRONG and pretty much the devil.  Your beliefs suck.   I'm right and anyone who agrees with me is right and there's only room for us.  End of story.

/discourse in the USA today.

4 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Middle. Hmm. 

Do I support gun control? Yes and no

How do I feel about abortions? Depends.

See? I'm like the median sample of a cocoon, hermetically sealed in the belly of the middle. Middle is my middle name. Middle Middle Middle.

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well you're WRONG and pretty much the devil.  Your beliefs suck.   I'm right and anyone who agrees with me is right and there's only room for us.  End of story.

haha. So you are Catholic ? 

I've been called worse. 

The Devil is well...simply as bad as going to freaking school to learn how to write in a cryptic way called script. 

Give me the middle ground. That is all that I am asking for sir.  

7 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Do I support gun control? Yes and no

How do I feel about abortions? Depends.

See? I'm like the median sample of a cocoon, hermetically sealed in the belly of the middle. Middle is my middle name. Middle Middle Middle.

That is not true. You love a big booty. 

Over the counter is accepted these days. 

Your feelings...

You are not middle based on that post. 

26 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I know you're joking but that is the issue in this country today. People simply aren't willing to see anything on the other side.

I'm pretty damn liberal. I'm not anti religion, in fact I think religion is important as it gives people faith and a moral compass. But what I don't like is when people use religion to justify atrocities, or try to use religion as a substitute for cold hard scientific truths.

I'm pro gun control and super anti guns. I think the 2nd amendment is outdated and obsolete in today's world with rapid fire automatic weapons that can kill an en entire room of people in seconds, but that's a different argument. I'm willing to concede that yes people have the right to guns, but we should make it HARDER for people to get them so that really evil(or mentally ill)don't have such an easy time acquiring them.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

3. Some voted for Trump just because he was "different" and they were just so sick of the status quo. I never understood the "we don't want a politician as President" argument. Why not? A politician knows what they're doing. Its like saying you want a lawyer who didn't go to law school.

Who would you rather hand a gun to, an ex-KGB operative who hates you, or a hipster with a waxed moustache that has never touched a gun?  Sure, the ex-KGB guy knows how to wield it, but if you think he's going to do something with it that will harm you, you might take your chances putting it in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to turn off the safety.

Just noticed that most of the country does not have a college degree.  Does it really matter if there's a flight of college educated voters from the republican party if most people in the country don't have college degrees?  Is the GOP really losing here?

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

Who would you rather hand a gun to, an ex-KGB operative who hates you, or a hipster with a waxed moustache that has never touched a gun?  Sure, the ex-KGB guy knows how to wield it, but if you think he's going to do something with it that will harm you, you might take your chances putting it in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to turn off the safety.

I suppose that's a good point, but in this case its more like hiring someone to protect you and I'm more likely to hire someone who knows what they're doing even if they might hate me. If I hire the incompetent person I'm dead for sure anyway.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I suppose that's a good point, but in this case its more like hiring someone to protect you and I'm more likely to hire someone who knows what they're doing even if they might hate me. If I hire the incompetent person I'm dead for sure anyway.

It depends on how you view the candidates.  I viewed them both as harmful, but Trump being incompetent makes him less likely to be able to enact his harmful policies.

4 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

It depends on how you view the candidates.  I viewed them both as harmful, but Trump being incompetent makes him less likely to be able to enact his harmful policies.

I viewed Trump as the worst political nominee in the history of our country. Think about that....

4 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Trump being incompetent allows the dangerous people into his administration to shape his policy, though.  It was a big issue I had with Dubya's lack of foreign policy....(how can I put this)......curiosity?   It certainly created a vacuum in his administration for Cheney/Rumsfield/Wolfowitz etc etc to come on in.

Just now, Popeman38 said:

I viewed Trump as the worst political nominee in the history of our country. Think about that....

Trump and Clinton were the two people at the very top of my "Do not ever elect as president" list.  I lost the election long before November.

Archived