Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

8 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The Berkeley Trotskyites would be myself, Predicto and Dan T (among others).  :ols:

Carry on.  

LOL.  In San Francisco I'm considered a disgraceful shill for downtown business interests.

2 hours ago, thinwhiteduke said:

You can't prove nuttyness or paranoia of any kind. It's simply a perspective you don't understand.

Please stop telling us that we don't understand your perspective.  We do.  

We just don't respect it.

The fact that we are unable to convince YOU that you are an ignoramus does not mean that you are not, in fact, an ignoramus.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Predicto said:

The fact that we are unable to convince YOU that you are an ignoramus does not mean that you are not, in fact, an ignoramus.  

Channeling my inner Bowie here...

"Personal insults... exactly the childish response I would expect from someone whose mind I just blew. You have no way of proving anything but don't ask me to prove anything cause I'm coming at you from a different logical and astrological plane where mice hatch from bananas and nothing is as it seems. My logic would consume you. You have no answer for that. Also, I'm dumb as ****."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Predicto said:

LOL.  In San Francisco I'm considered a disgraceful shill for downtown business interests.

no, you dont understand it, or you would know not to mock it.

I am in fact one of the least ignorant people here. You want to believe I am ignorant. That wont make it so.

the ignorant people are the ones who think that any aspect of the legal/political  system has any honesty or truth behind it. Protests and voting and discussing it will never change that.

as long as the common man thinks paying taxes while spinning on his work a day rat wheel is the right thing to do. He'll just remain the tax slave that govt intended him to be.

willfully giving his money to the people that have screwed him the entire time in the first place. Governments first job is to benefit themselves. It was never intended to help you.

choosing a different heading to vote under wont change a damn thing. Theyll just move the pieces and tell you ,you still have a choice.

(no where in the above did I attack or make fun of anyone here. There is nothing you need to take personal in any way shape or form)

there was no need to insult me as you did above.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Channeling my inner Bowie here...

"Personal insults... exactly the childish response I would expect from someone whose mind I just blew. You have no way of proving anything but don't ask me to prove anything cause I'm coming at you from a different logical and astrological plane where mice hatch from bananas and nothing is as it seems. My logic would consume you. You have no answer for that. Also, I'm dumb as ****."

Ive already defined what facts and proof actually are. Meaningless words. Year after year the govt makes a fool of you with what you call facts and you still cant figure it out.

I cant and dont need to prove something that doesnt exist, IE you have no way of proving any of the stuff that these politicians are being investigated for actually happened, yet you mock my perspective?.

Clintons emails or what ever. Youll never actually know. You cant prove if the President is saying stuff he thinks up himself or if every single thing is scripted.

so you have no way to prove me wrong. Its all made up so you waste time talking about it. Thats all its for.

you believe you have already defined what you think facts and proof are. 

As you say, there's no way to prove you wrong.

I agree.

To you, that is because you believe your position unassailable and nothing will move you off of it.

Coincidentally, for me it's the same reason.

~Bang

47 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Have y'all seriously never meet a pot head before? After a while you gotta get tired of playing with it. 

You have to live a pretty sad existence to really believe nothing. 

Sheeeit, I've BEEN a pothead before and I'll be damned if I can see how that might explain this.

This entire escapade smacks of the ole "Fox and the Sour Grapes" kinda -people don't accept me 'cuz I make no effort to be acceptable so it's their fault- thinking, so I am a higher order of being unencumbered by their illusions of facts or reality, not just some hapless fumbler.

We used to have a wide range of community pressures and incentives to get people to cooperate and coexist, sheer survival, joint harvesting and barn building, knitting bees and church socials, even public education was largely about being a socializing impetus.This has been largely broken or discarded, everyone spread out, charting their own path in the name of individuality and imagination (which are fine ideals for sure), but large numbers wandered off into the woods and simply got themselves lost, and are now bereft of options. They can't find their way back, they refuse to admit error, they have no one to ask for help and they roil in a morass of their own making, snarling and whining at the misfortune visited upon them by "those" people, their lessers, the dumb peasantry so indifferent in their lack of misery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

Sheeeit, I've BEEN a pothead before and I'll be damned if I can see how that might explain this.

Understood. Maybe I just smoked with some weird people lol. But it was always (always) the cats with nothing else going for them outside of how many O's they could put in the air that would belittle everything everyone else was doing. The whole "nothing matters and you not agreeing with me proves my point" thing is typically and from my experience partnered with drugs. Who knows though. 

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

This entire escapade smacks of the ole "Fox and the Sour Grapes" kinda -people don't accept me 'cuz I make no effort to be acceptable so it's their fault- thinking, so I am a higher order of being unencumbered by their illusions of facts or reality, not just some hapless fumbler.

I can actually see this. But I guess im getting us off topic here. My bad. 

He's been here for like 2 weeks without making a single cogent point, or internalizing anything anyone has said to him.  He's just consistently repeated the trollish mantra that everyone except him is trapped in the matrix.  Potential Troll subspecies include:

Affected Profundity Troll: “A mutant subspecies of Sophist Trolls, Affected Profundity Trolls post endless pages of pretentious drivel that is intended to appear wise, but which generally makes little sense (if any). Affected Profundity Trolls enjoy asking themselves questions, sometimes answering them and sometimes leaving them hanging, for they believe this looks intelligent and lends an aura of mystery to their incoherent ramblings.”

Crazy Troll: “This guy just makes no sense. You post something about gardening and he claims that all gardeners are women and all women are soul-sucking incubus. Incubi? Who are only out to lure men into bed so they can marry them, then divorce them and take all their money to buy more tomato plants and meth.”

Baiter: “A special place in hell could be reserved for The Baiter. This troll has a serious case of superiority, and always an ulterior motive. Whether posting one-off comments or engaging in back-and-forths, The Baiter always wants to bring the discussion back to their wheelhouse. A Political Baiter, for example, will always turn the discussion back to politics — even if the original post is about pandas or the trials of wearing socks with sandals. It could be anything benign, and The Political Baiter will make comments about the “liberal media” or “liberal elite” or “anti-intellectual conservatism” that take the original content to a different (often inappropriate) contextual level.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nah Chip wasn't into all of that.

I think our new friend truly believes what he's saying, so he's not a troll, and I don't think he's trying to bait anyone beyond trying to find someone to challenge his notions so he can try to convince them of their validity,, no different than most of us..  just a belief most of us find to be too far out.

I can't guess to his (or her, even) age.. but I'd assume that as most of us, his views will morph over time.

Otherwise we'll simply have to believe that the mysterious Powers That Be Who Control Every Little Thing There Is figured that lumping Trump on the heels of an Obama presidency actually has a point. I mean, if you're manipulating things, you'd hope there'd be more sense behind it. And if it is just to cause strife and war .. conservative media does a great job of promoting their ideas without any shadowy overlords giving them marching orders from some secret Bilderberg hideaway or something...  we know they have an overlord, and their motives are all too clear. And they are clearly one sided.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

He’s not a troll. He’s being himself. He’s a nutjob.

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That wasn’t an attack. It’s a statement of fact, same as saying I had honey bunches of oats this morning.  He really IS a nut job.

I hate to be a dick, but rather than argue with you, I reported these two posts.

I haven't gone through the whole thread so I don't know if this has been brought up.  

If I were a Republican why would I want to fix my party? They control the Whitehouse, both houses of Congress, are about to dominate the SCOTUS, and hold most of the governor's mansions.

I don't particularly like where they have headed in the last 15 years or so, but if the point of a political party is to be in power they've done exactly what they set out to do. And I doubt they are convinced the Democrats will hold it together long enough come next election cycle to claw back any appreciable degree of power.

So what's in it for them to fix anything?

Edited by youngestson