Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

5 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Exactly...and any of the kids shot dead in their schools could have grown up to find a cure for cancer as well.

Republicans never, ever, think things through.

Well, those kids were out of the womb. As soon as a child is born the Republican chant changes from "SAVE THESE CHILDREN!" to "**** off and die, you're on your own now you stupid brat."

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I became obsessed with this this morning. This is an excerpt from the Republican party platform in 1956:

Our Government was created by the people for all the people, and it must serve no less a purpose.

The Republican Party was formed 100 years ago to preserve the Nation's devotion to these ideals.

On its Centennial, the Republican Party again calls to the minds of all Americans the great truth first spoken by Abraham Lincoln: "The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all, or cannot so well do, for themselves in their separate and individual capacities. But in all that people can individually do as well for themselves, Government ought not to interfere."

Our great President Dwight D. Eisenhower has counseled us further: "In all those things which deal with people, be liberal, be human. In all those things which deal with people's money, or their economy, or their form of government, be conservative."

While jealously guarding the free institutions and preserving the principles upon which our Republic was founded and has flourished, the purpose of the Republican Party is to establish and maintain a peaceful world and build at home a dynamic prosperity in which every citizen fairly shares.

We shall ever build anew, that our children and their children, without distinction because of race, creed or color, may know the blessings of our free land.

We believe that basic to governmental integrity are unimpeachable ethical standards and irreproachable personal conduct by all people in government. We shall continue our insistence on honesty as an indispensable requirement of public service. We shall continue to root out corruption whenever and wherever it appears.

We are proud of and shall continue our far-reaching and sound advances in matters of basic human needs—expansion of social security—broadened coverage in unemployment insurance —improved housing—and better health protection for all our people. We are determined that our government remain warmly responsive to the urgent social and economic problems of our people.

Imagine if Republicans hadn't sold their souls to the southern strategy a few years later.

Edited by dfitzo53
  • Like 2

😂

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/oct/12/jared-kushner-chuck-schumer-jail

“My poor mom, I told her to stop, you know, reading whatever. I said, ‘I promise you, we didn’t do anything wrong, it’s good,’” Kushner told the Lex Fridman Podcast. “But you know, she’d call me [to] say … ‘Our friends on the Upper East Side were talking with Chuck Schumer, who says Jared’s going to jail.’”

-more at link 

• Haha 6

23 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Exactly...and any of the kids shot dead in their schools could have grown up to find a cure for cancer as well.

Republicans never, ever, think things through.

It's like they stop caring if you live or die once you're born...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The 12th Commandment said:

How many years have you been waiting patiently for that opportunity?  Well played sir!

Oh, I don’t wait for anything. I just say what comes to my mind. There’s been plenty of fetus talk on this board in the past. Sometimes I say something funny, sometimes I don’t.

My philosophy in life is you win some, you lose some. My motto is Money for Nothing and Chicks for Free. It works for me about 95% of 45% of the time. I’m almost tired of winning at this point. 

• Haha 1

Humans need water. 

This is one reason why I started questioning deities and worship of such. The three Abrahamic religions are the most warlike on Earth. It's like killing each other is the reason for their existence. And after reading the history of the Bible and how it was manipulated by different men to serve their interests, I lost interest.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1