Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

2 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Am I the only one who thinks Rick Scott looks like every Scooby villain ever?

Some kind of villain. 

It would be a shame if folks started asking if Rick Scott stole any of those funds or even if they were spent on overpriced services run by Scott/his closest friends. 

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Yeah, huge surprise that a con man with a past of stealing money.........steals money. 

Yeah this cracks me up to no end. The Republican party somehow keeps being surprised when a huge group of grifters turn out to be...grifting.

It reminds me of the older Sims games where one of your characters would be in the kitchen, start a fire, freak out about it, and then 5 second later forget about the fire and start to fix his food again...only to rediscover the fire he's literally standing in after another 5 seconds and freak out about it again.

WnjXJn.gif

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, China said:

This is another example of a person who knows Donald Trump extremely well warning that he is unfit to be President.  Tony Schwartz spent countless hours with Trump as the ghostwriter of "The Art of the Deal."  He's called Trump a malignant narcissist and a serial liar unfit to serve. He correctly predicted that Trump would never concede defeat.

It is uncanny how many people who got close to Trump warn that he should be no where near the Oval Office. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Colorado lawmaker leaves GOP citing Jan. 6 attack and Trump

A state senator in Colorado is resigning from the Republican Party and becoming a Democrat, citing the party's complicity in the Jan. 6 insurrection and 2020 election denial as the reason.

"I cannot continue to be a part of a political party that is okay with a violent attempt to overturn a free and fair election and continues to peddle claims that the 2020 election was stolen," Sen. Kevin Priola said in a statement.

He also cited his party's lack of action on climate change, saying his GOP colleagues "consistently and proudly seek to impede progress ... and I can't, in good conscience, be silent about that."

Why it matters: The announcement represents a stark rebuke of former President Trump and the national Republican Party.

It also deflates the GOP's hopes of retaking the Democratic-controlled Colorado Senate, one of the most targeted legislative battles in the country. Democrats now hold a 20-15 advantage, making a flip less likely.

Priola went out of his way to advocate against his party in the 2022 midterms, saying: "Democrats in charge because our planet and democracy depend on it."

Between the lines: Priola is a political moderate, often siding with Democrats on major legislation as the chamber's most bipartisan member.

Yes, but: He still votes with Republicans 90% of the time, and said he "will not be changing the way I vote on legislation."

Priola has previously voted against abortion rights and efforts to regulate guns. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

GOP candidate said it’s “totally just” to stone gay people to death

A GOP candidate in Oklahoma is getting attention for comments he made several years ago when he justified the death penalty by stoning for gay people. When asked recently about it, he didn’t disavow his previous comments.

Scott Esk, 56, is running in the Republican primary runoff election tomorrow for a seat in the state house, and local media is bringing up some extreme comments he made in the past. He’s not handling them well.

In 2013, Esk was commenting in a Facebook conversation about the Pope saying that he couldn’t judge gay people. Esk posted some Bible quotations, including the part of Romans 1 where the Bible says that a long list of people who sinned is “worthy of death.”

Another person asked him: “So, just to be clear, you think we should execute homosexuals (presumably by stoning)?”

Esk responded: “I think we would be totally in the right to do it… Ignoring as a nation things that are worthy of death is very remiss.”

A year later, a journalist asked him about those comments. He said it was “totally just” to kill gay people.

“What I will tell you right now is that that was done in the Old Testament under a law that came directly from God,” he said at the time. “And in that time, there was, it was, totally just came directly from God.”

After those comments, he put out a long video where he claimed he “sets the record straight.” In those videos, he claimed he has “compassion on anybody in the grips of an insidious addiction, such as homosexuality.”

Donald Trump launched a furious attack on 'broken down hack' Mitch McConnell and his 'crazy wife' in bust-up over GOP Senate candidates

Former President Donald Trump has launched a furious attack on Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in a dispute over the GOP Senate mid-term campaign.

Trump said the senior senator from Kentucky should spend more time and money helping Republican Senate candidates get elected and "less time helping his crazy wife and family get rich on China."

"Why do Republicans Senators allow a broken down hack politician, Mitch McConnell, to openly disparage hard working Republican candidates for the United States Senate," Trump wrote on Truth Social. 

McConnell has drawn ire from Trump after he said that Republicans will face a tough task in flipping the Senate majority, citing "candidate quality."

Click on the link for the full story

41 minutes ago, China said:

A GOP candidate in Oklahoma is getting attention for comments he made several years ago when he justified the death penalty by stoning for gay people. When asked recently about it, he didn’t disavow his previous comments.

Scott Esk, 56, is running in the Republican primary runoff election tomorrow for a seat in the state house, and local media is bringing up some extreme comments he made in the past. He’s not handling them well.

In 2013, Esk was commenting in a Facebook conversation about the Pope saying that he couldn’t judge gay people. Esk posted some Bible quotations, including the part of Romans 1 where the Bible says that a long list of people who sinned is “worthy of death.”

Another person asked him: “So, just to be clear, you think we should execute homosexuals (presumably by stoning)?”

Esk responded: “I think we would be totally in the right to do it… Ignoring as a nation things that are worthy of death is very remiss.”

A year later, a journalist asked him about those comments. He said it was “totally just” to kill gay people.

“What I will tell you right now is that that was done in the Old Testament under a law that came directly from God,” he said at the time. “And in that time, there was, it was, totally just came directly from God.”

After those comments, he put out a long video where he claimed he “sets the record straight.” In those videos, he claimed he has “compassion on anybody in the grips of an insidious addiction, such as homosexuality.”

These ****ers are insane. I dont even know what else to say about this. I bet thousands of people will vote for him too. 

• Like 1

GOP senator who "leaves the party" but will continue to vote along with their insanity has not left the party and is in fact completely full of ****.

So, I think God would be alright with us stoning republican candidates and lawmakers to death.

Don't you?

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Bang said:

GOP senator who "leaves the party" but will continue to vote along with their insanity has not left the party and is in fact completely full of ****.

So, I think God would be alright with us stoning republican candidates and lawmakers to death.

Don't you?

~Bang

Yeah that guy is full of ****. **** him and the maga horse he rode in on. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 2:47 PM, China said:

23 hours ago, Llevron said:

These ****ers are insane. I dont even know what else to say about this. I bet thousands of people will vote for him too. 

You know what to say, you know exactly what to say.  I'd bet a good chunk of money that this guy is into men.  Just wait, he'll be found in a motel somewhere with a bunch of coke and a couple male hookers soon.  It's always the most vocal opponents to homosexuality that are the closet case self loathers.  

• Like 3