Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

20 minutes ago, tshile said:

Enough of these type of stories wind up being done by a black person that I’m not jumping to conclusions until they identify a suspect and make the arrest. 

Sure feels like a weird story. 

WTF is wrong with you? How much more do you need thrown in your face to know that the white supremists are loose and ready to turn the United States into a fascist state?  They've been waiting since the end of the Civil War and especially since the New Deal of FDR. In the modern era, it was embraced by Nixon and his minions, nurtured through the John Birch Society, Tea Party,and finally Trump, that daily liar and fascist Russia lover.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

33 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

WTF is wrong with you? How much more do you need thrown in your face to know that the white supremists are loose and ready to turn the United States into a fascist state?  They've been waiting since the end of the Civil War and especially since the New Deal of FDR. In the modern era, it was embraced by Nixon and his minions, nurtured through the John Birch Society, Tea Party,and finally Trump, that daily liar and fascist Russia lover.

I think what he's saying is that it's better not to assume anything.  We all know what can happen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cawthorn should be removed from committees

Rep. Madison Cawthorn should be stripped of his committee assignments following his recent statements calling for violence and undermining our democracy, according to a letter sent today to Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. 

At a Macon County Republican Party event in Franklin, NC, Cawthorn repeated the false claims about the validity of the 2020 election that led to the January 6 attack at the Capitol, including that the election was stolen. Cawthorn warned that if future elections “continue to be rigged and continue to be stolen,” it would “lead to one place, and it’s bloodshed.” He then again referenced potential violence, saying that he was “willing to defend our liberty at all costs” but dreaded the possibility of “having to pick up arms” against fellow Americans. 

“Congressman Cawthorn went well beyond just spreading lies that endanger our democracy, he expressed sympathy for insurrectionists and repeatedly raised the prospect of future political violence against fellow Americans,” said CREW President Noah Bookbinder. “These statements disgrace his office and undermine the pillars of our government. We urge Speaker Pelosi and Leader McCarthy to strip Rep. Cawthorn of his committee assignments as a clear repudiation of statements that threaten irreparable harm to our democracy.”

After Cawthorn’s statements drew national attention and scorn, his spokesman attempted to shift their seemingly clear meaning, claiming the congressman was clearly “advocating for violence not to occur over election integrity questions.”

This is not the first time Cawthorn has made public threats or suggested violence. In December 2020, Cawthorn encouraged attendees at a Turning Point USA event to call their members of Congress and “lightly threaten them” if they did not support his views on election fraud and tell them that “everybody’s coming after you.” Cawthorn also spoke at the “Stop the Steal” rally on January 6 just before Rudy Giuliani called for “trial by combat” to fight claimed election fraud. This rally ultimately led to a mob violently breaching the Capitol, the deaths of several law enforcement members and protesters and a delay in certifying the 2020 presidential election. 

“Rep. Cawthorn has made it clear that he is comfortable with using his office to actively undermine our nation’s democratic institutions,” Bookbinder said. “There must be consequences for this behavior. Removing Cawthorn from his congressional committees is a  necessary step toward achieving much-needed accountability.”

Click on the link for more

• Thumb up 2

Boebert Says She Trolls 'When I Don't See A Headline Attacking Me'

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) explained recently that she often tries to troll the media when she doesn't see headlines "attacking" her.

During an interview on OAN, Boebert said that she had made an "error" by using campaign funds to pay utility and rent bills.

"It was an error," the lawmaker insisted. "Some money came out of the wrong account and we corrected it, self-reported it right away, talked to the FEC. Everything's fine. We sent a letter."

"And Democrats want to make a story about it," she continued. "When I don't see a headline attacking me, I kind of wonder if I'm not doing something right. Like, wait a second, where are the attacks today? I better start something."

Click on the link for the video

• Thumb down 2

SLATE: The GOP Doesn’t Care That You Hate It

>>>

In the days and weeks after Texas’ controversial S.B. 8—the bounty scheme that has effectively halted providers from performing constitutionally protected abortions in the state—went into effect, a raft of articles sprang up suggesting the law would surely backfire. David Frum warned in the Atlantic that Texas Republicans had widely miscalculated constituents’ desires and that “anti-abortion-rights politicians are about to feel the shock of their political lives.” Texas, we’re told, is going to galvanize an electoral backlash; S.B. 8 may trigger a “fight” instead of “flight” response in Texans. The Wall Street Journal editorialized that the law was a huge misfire, while Olga Khazan traveled to Texas to report, persuasively, that even Texans who strongly oppose abortion hate this particular law. Opinion polling similarly suggests that passing a law so patently outside any mainstream view—56 percent of pro-lifers in Texas believe in exceptions for rape and incest and maternal life—will provoke an electoral backlash.

Here is where these observers go astray. As Frum correctly observes, the Republican-controlled Texas Legislature is well aware that its actions are not popular. That’s why it is already passing election suppression measures to hedge against the possibility that some voters will be put off by radical new legislation. But it’s even more than that: State legislatures are beginning to govern as though majorities of the electorate either cannot vote or won’t even bother. This phenomenon is partly attributable to dozens of recent voter suppression measures inspired by the Big Lie, which limit Americans’ ability to vote their own representatives out of office. But it also springs from the fact that many Republicans believe they no longer have to worry about popular opinion because an increasing number of GOP lawmakers are convinced they can just set aside election results they dislike. It’s why Texas last week ordered an Arizona-style “audit” of the 2020 election results in four counties and why Gov. Greg Abbott won’t countenance a rape exception to S.B. 8. They no longer think they’ll have to answer to the entire public, ever. That’s the frightening idea that lurks under the flurry of new voting laws. And it has gained so much traction, so quickly, that most of us still struggle to wrap our heads around it.

In the months since Donald Trump tried to overturn the 2020 election, the voting rights fight has moved—as our colleague Rick Hasen has been trying to explain—from voter suppression to election subversion. This problem can’t be resolved by simple get-out-the-vote efforts, Hasen argues. Republicans envision a future in which they can steal entire presidential elections, an idea gaining traction in some state legislatures right now. Welcome to the new GOP—the post-voting party.........................  <<<

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Thumb down 1

19 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

we have plenty of stories of things like this being staged by a member of the group that’s supposedly a victim of the act. 

smolette. We had nooses hung somewhere and it wound up being two black kids playing a prank. We have politicians that spray paint hate stuff on their house blaming the other political party. That chick at uva that claimed she was gang raped. 

it happens. And usually the way it happens is with a fantastical story. One that just doesn’t feel right. 

It could ha e been done by a bunch of racists. It could have also been done by one or two black kids thinking it was a prank they could get away with. 

thw target audience is the people who have their heads so wrapped up in this stuff it’s all they see. Like you. People who will chase every stick off the porch. 

you should be asking wtf is wrong with you, but you lack the required introspection to do that. Instead you take the bait hard every time. Then lash out at anyone that says something that doesn’t align specifically with whatever the hell nonsense it is you believe at the time. 

• Thumb up 1

No, Doctor Graham. The monster does not like you. 

(And please, poke it some more. Every monster movie needs at least one character where the audience cheers when the monster eats him.)

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

58 minutes ago, tshile said:

you should be asking wtf is wrong with you, but you lack the required introspection to do that. Instead you take the bait hard every time. Then lash out at anyone that says something that doesn’t align specifically with whatever the hell nonsense it is you believe at the time. 

And you don't have to get "testy".  Cmon, we all know who other posters are & what our stances are...no need to attack. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

And you don't have to get "testy".

Right. I just choose to. For a reason. She’s obnoxious. 

44 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

GOP governors need to invest in an US map.

I hope soon they all travel down to the Texas border and get all suited up and do photo ops again 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Scoop: House Republican fundraises off prosecution

The top Republican on the House Appropriations Committee's agriculture panel raised money for a legal defense fund with claims he’s facing federal prosecution that a spokesperson later disavowed.

Driving the news: On a fundraising page for a new legal expense fund — which was later taken off-line — Rep. Jeff Fortenberry (R-Neb.) wrote: "[President] Biden’s FBI is using its unlimited power to prosecute me on a bogus charge."

Neither Fortenberry nor the FBI responded immediately to requests for comments, but a Fortenberry spokesperson later said the congressman "never saw or approved that language."

The investigation in question, the spokesperson said, had to do with illegal campaign contributions by a Lebanese-Nigerian billionaire to a number of congressional Republicans.

“It’s been previously reported that the FBI investigated an effort by a foreign national to illegally funnel money to U.S. political campaigns, including Rep. Fortenberry’s," he wrote.

"The people involved in that scheme were prosecuted and no charges were filed against him. This legal expense trust was established in part to address costs associated with that investigation.”

Between the lines: Fortenberry's present-tense appeal was made after his campaign committee paid a new law firm over the summer, according to Federal Election Commission records.

In June, it reported paying $25,000 to Bienert Katzman Littrell Williams LLP, a California firm specializing in white collar criminal defense.

Click on the link for the full article

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

And thus representing the biggest penalty he will face, after overseeing the most openly corrupt administration in our history, causing the deaths of a couple hundred thousand Americans, and attempting to overthrow the entire concept of elections. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

My hairdresser closed her shop over the summer and had a salon built & set up in her house, so when I went last Friday, it was the first time I'd been there...pretty nice set-up.  However, she had about a half dozen GOP signs in her yard (only house on the street that did) and one was "Herschel for Senate".  I almost choked I was laughing so hard.  :ols:

• Sad 4

On 10/4/2021 at 1:15 PM, tshile said:

Enough of these type of stories wind up being done by a black person that I’m not jumping to conclusions until they identify a suspect and make the arrest. 

Sure feels like a weird story. 

I agree on waiting for all the details before assuming who did it and why. But outside of a very few very high profile situations, what I have seen are exactly what they appear to be for this type of vandalism and hate messaging. Do you have any examples outside Juicy Smollet? Not saying they do not exist. But I have only seen a very few.

In fairness to both it's hard to find proof many times. There were reports that "many" demonstrations had white supremesists escalating violence in the name of Black Lives Matter and Antifa but not a whole lot in the way of proof. A few but not what was reported by many outlets. 

15 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Do you have any examples outside Juicy Smollet?

There were either nooses hung from trees, or nazi/white supremacy stuff spray painted on a school, that was found out to be two black teenagers. I forget which one it was - one was them, I don’t believe the other case was ever solved

Another case of a similar thing was the uva rape story in rolling stone.

we’ve had some local politicians do stupid **** like this. 

It happens.