Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

2 hours ago, KAOSkins said:

Well, who are some of the other experts on race relations that you rely on?  You are dismissing, categorically, the views of the vast majority of black people.  Are you and Candace just smarter than them?  Even if you can't spell her name right?  And don't be sorry about that.  It reflects on you, and the general strength of your argument, in an enlightening way.  I appreciate it.

Black people dude. I know black people personally that finally see what the Democrat Party is about.. I've seen hundreds of videos across the country of black people switching their ways from being Democrat to Republican and mind you I'm not a Republican. You don't have to be an expert on race for whatever point your trying to make. Candace Owens is a black woman that has been knocking down the Democrats for who they are and what they have done to the black community for 30 plus years. I wasn't really telling you sorry for spelling her name wrong, I was being sarcastic on it cause we are on a message board 

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

Black people dude. I know black people personally that finally see what the Democrat Party is about.. I've seen hundreds of videos across the country of black people switching their ways from being Democrat to Republican and mind you I'm not a Republican. You don't have to be an expert on race for whatever point your trying to make. Candace Owens is a black woman that has been knocking down the Democrats for who they are and what they have done to the black community for 30 plus years. I wasn't really telling you sorry for spelling her name wrong, I was being sarcastic on it cause we are on a message board 

It might be useful if you were more clear about what had been done to them.

How about less poverty?

Poverty Rate of All Persons by Race and Ethnicity | ASPE

Closing the gap on high school graduation.

black-high-school-attainment-nearly-on-par-with-national-average-figure-01

Should I go on?

Edited by PeterMP
  • Thanks 1

Explain to me these Democrat run City's that all are over the country who have been run by Democrats for years are helping the black community? Look at Pelosi during the pandemic, she went to an hair salon to get hair done with no mask and they're locked down by the way at that time and been preaching about wearing masks while people in San Francisco her district are sleeping on the sidewalks and taking sh***. 

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

You need some serious help man. It probably took you an hour to type what you did. I do not watch Fox and the thing is you assumed I did when I never said anything about Fox. I said the Democratic and Republican party is crooked. I posted about the liberal media and I do not trust them at all. YOU assumed I just watch Fox lol.

I live in Texas and have a family, so any sort of outreach to those that have leapt down the rabbit hole is a no go, so I thought I’d take the time here.  If that makes me crazy, I’ll gladly wear it.

This won’t sway you, but it’s worth checking out, especially the methodology.  It’s an attempt at a nonpartisan rating of media bias.

https://www.adfontesmedia.com

As for the assumptions I made, sorry to have misread you, but I think they were pretty fair considering the source (Owens, a Fox personality) and use of “liberal media”.  As to both parties being crooked, sure, but one of them wants affordable healthcare for all, to deal with climate change, doesn’t align itself with white supremacy, wants to expand voting, isn’t fascist leaning, didn’t push an insurrection, wants police accountability, hasn’t tried to gut social security, hasn’t alienated it’s allies, and so on and so on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, clietas said:

Claims not to be a Republican or Fox News viewer yet spouts Republican and Fox News talking points in a vague disingenuous fashion. 🤭

Could you please elaborate on these Democratic policies that have destroyed cities as well as communities of color? 

I'm an Independent.  If you can if you have some free time and go to Atlanta,  Baltimore, Detroit,  Chicago etc...

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

Explain to me these Democrat run City's that all are over the country who have been run by Democrats for years are helping the black community? Look at Pelosi during the pandemic, she went to an hair salon to get hair done with no mask and they're locked down by the way at that time and been preaching about wearing masks while people in San Francisco her district are sleeping on the sidewalks and taking sh***. 

Poor grammar--"City's" instead of cities, "that all are over" instead of "that are all over"...check.

Redundancy--"Democrat run cities who have been run by Democrats"...check.

Reusing old GOP talking points incorrectly--Pelosi without a mask at a hair salon when she doesn't run the city...check.

Lack of punctuation causing a severely unnecessary run-on sentence...check.

You just need to mention Hunter's laptop and some vague criticism of the BLM movement and I'll be completely convinced you're not a Republican.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

What does Pelosi have to do with the running of cities and the San Francisco homeless and blacks?  She really has no control over the city of San Francisco.  

NYC: graduation gap between African Americans and others is shrinking:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/ny-high-school-graduation-rate-continued-upward-trend-in-2019/2261691/

Same in Chicago:

https://www.cps.edu/press-releases/mayor-lightfoot-and-chicago-public-schools-announce-record-high-graduation-rate/#:~:text=Lightfoot%20and%20Chicago%20Public%20Schools%20(CPS)%20CEO%20Jackson%20announced%20today,academic%20progress%20of%20Latinx%20students.

Realistically, the same is true for every major American city, and the same would be true for poverty decreasing.

(You can't see the gap between African Americans and others graduating from high school shrinking and the poverty decreasing nationally if it isn't happening the larger urban areas.)

So my answer to you is they've lowered the poverty rate and increased the high school graduation rate.

(And I'll point out especially the increase of the high school graduation rate is really something that's being done at the city and local level heavily.)

• Like 2

It doesn't much matter if Fox News specifically is not your channel of choice when the same drivel is repeated on OANN, Newsmax, Ben Shapiro, Dave Ruben, Breitbart, The Federalist, Right-wing radio, Crowder, Charlie Kirk, Dana Loesch etc etc......we've heard it all before.  There isn't a new thought between any of these outlets and none of them even are willing to have an honest discussion in the first place. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

What’s fascinating about the tailgate is that it’s a collection of pretty diverse people from around the country (and world, to an extent) that have gone through endless discussions, arguments and fact-checking which has caused most of us to coalesce around generally shared principles.  Republican, Independents, Democrats, etc, and yet, whenever an individual joins in the discussion coming from a place of apparent ignorance, they miss this fact completely.  I find myself pitying them that they missed this journey we’ve been on.

Or maybe we’re just Visionary’s flock of sheep, wtf do I know.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

If you can if you have some free time and go to Atlanta,  Baltimore, Detroit,  Chicago etc...

Why? I already live in a city.

Tho I am planning a trip to Atlantic City this summer. I'll make sure ta let ya know how my research goes. 😉

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

I'm an Independent.  If you can if you have some free time and go to Atlanta,  Baltimore, Detroit,  Chicago etc...

Would it make a difference if we provided a list of towns that are run by conservatives that are complete **** holes?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

What does Pelosi have to do with the running of cities and the San Francisco homeless and blacks?  She really has no control over the city of San Francisco.  

NYC: graduation gap between African Americans and others is shrinking:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/ny-high-school-graduation-rate-continued-upward-trend-in-2019/2261691/

Same in Chicago:

https://www.cps.edu/press-releases/mayor-lightfoot-and-chicago-public-schools-announce-record-high-graduation-rate/#:~:text=Lightfoot and Chicago Public Schools (CPS) CEO Jackson announced today,academic progress of Latinx students.

Realistically, the same is true for every major American city, and the same would be true for poverty decreasing.

(You can't see the gap between African Americans and others graduating from high school shrinking and the poverty decreasing nationally if it isn't happening the larger urban areas.)

So my answer to you is they've lowered the poverty rate and increased the high school graduation rate.

(And I'll point out especially the increase of the high school graduation rate is really something that's being done at the city and local level heavily.)

Dude your posting graduation rates from the cities. Your link is two years old. It's way more than that what I'm talking about. . I'm glad if the black community graduates higher then the years before. How come nobody on here wants to talk about the crime rate? Kids getting shot on play grounds in Chicago.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, clietas said:

Why? I already live in a city.

Tho I am planning a trip to Atlantic City this summer. I'll make sure ta let ya know how my research goes. 😉

Keep trying to make yourself smart and the cities are fine  cause you live in a certain part of a city

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

Dude your posting graduation rates from the cities. Your link is two years old. It's way more than that what I'm talking about. . I'm glad if the black community graduates higher then the years before. How come nobody on here wants to talk about the crime rate? Kids getting shot on play grounds in Chicago.  

Higher populations, more densely populated cities and areas, there is more of everything, including crime.  Come on, this is juvenile at this point.  I want to give you the benefit of the doubt because from what you have posted this far, it seems like you haven't given these things much thought outside of what has been repeatedly drilled into you by totally not Fox News, so from your perspective and the circles you run in I am sure these kinds of talking points might get some heads nodding and no push back, but outside of that bubble they aren't going to hold up to much scrutiny or....facts.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

You're talking about the last 30 years.  In the larger context of 30 year trends, the last 2 years aren't going to be very important.  Obviously, the pandemic has negatively affected everybody.  But the general trends are still true.

Over all in urban areas, crime is down.

What's the Homicide Capital of America? Murder Rates in U.S. Cities, Ranked.

Certainly, Chicago has had its issues.  I don't know much about Chicago specifically.  But if you start a thread on crime on Chicago with something intelligent, I'm sure people will comment

But over all in the last 30 years, urban crime is down.

And over all African Americans have been victims of less crime, including homicides:

USA_Homicide_Victimisation_Rates_By_Race.png

So we can chalk that up as something else.  Over all less crime.

I've got higher graduation rates, less poverty, and less crime.

What do you have?

(I know Nancy Pelosi got her hair cut.)

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 5

Surprising (sarcasm) that a discussion about race automatically goes to crime rates, and not underlying issues like poverty, education, and healthcare. Kinda odd that the bottom 10 states for all of those have been run by republicans for ages.

• Like 6

5CD69F2C-E22D-44FD-BC4F-7F757380D358.thumb.jpeg.4243bfbb23d3fd670318030226ec2974.jpeg
Black homicides per 100,000 by state.

Not discounting violence or homicides in the cities that were mentioned (Det, Atl, Bal, Chi), but... maybe we should be talking more about Missouri?

Edit: this was 2019

Edited by skinny21
  • Like 1