Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bob said:

There are bad politicians on both sides, I do not agree with anyone 100%, I mostly vote Republican due to fiscal policy. I find the bias most people have utterly shocking. It seems the older I get the less I follow politics.

Hasn't the republican fiscal policy evolved into borrow, lower taxes and spend?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bob said:

There are bad politicians on both sides, I do not agree with anyone 100%, I mostly vote Republican due to fiscal policy. I find the bias most people have utterly shocking. It seems the older I get the less I follow politics.

That doesn’t really answer any of my five questions at all.  I thought you were here for discussion.  What does bias have to do with any of these specific questions?

• Like 2

Just now, Ball Security said:

That doesn’t really answer any of my five questions at all.  I thought you were here for discussion.  What does bias have to do with any of these specific questions?

Whataboutism. Right on cue.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

It has evolved into looting the country for the benefit of domestic and foreign donors/oligarchs.

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Id like to see answers to those specific questions too. 

You’ll get those answers when Trump drops his big, beautiful healthcare plan.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Bob said:

Well see again… fiscal conservatism is dead. The Trump administration had the biggest budget in history and absolutely exploded the deficit and national debt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

To be completely fair, that is the policy of both parties over the last 40 years.

fredgraph.png.47cf80c6d3da50ae93fab6dbdd6595c0.png

The only time this was not the case was Clinton...and lets be honest, the creation of the internet and boom of that sector had a lot to do with it.  The growth in debt ratio was slower under Bush2 than either Reagan or Bush1.  Enormous under Obama1 (recession is grey bar) having basically given up all the gains during Clinton.  Obama2 and Trump were both on the same fiscal irresponsibility path right up to the pandemic.

...course, this is only one measure and not a complete picture.  But to claim either party has a fiscally responsible identity is simply blind to the facts.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Well see again… fiscal conservatism is dead. The Trump administration had the biggest budget in history and absolutely exploded the deficit and national debt.

Stop talking about policy. GOP talking points are cancel culture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bob said:

I left the Warpath because of over the top liberalism and extremely biased moderators. It looks like this place is much worse at first glance. The extreme hate liberals have these days for those that don't vote like them is pathetic. Nice to see branding everyone who votes Republican a racist, and all the 3rd grade level name calling.

I just wish one of you people would try to have an honest conversation before going all attack mode on people. You came in breathing fire looking for a fight - and guess what you got one.

So let's try this - I am more than willing to have an honest conversation about any issue. (I am sure others are too but I can only speak for me).  You pick the topic and present your point of view. I will respond. 

No name calling, no assumptions. Just one person to another. Ball is in your court. 

32 minutes ago, Buffalo Bob said:

Both sidesism has entered the thread again. Trump is fond of that phrase.

31 minutes ago, Buffalo Bob said:

Obama was blaming George Bush pretty much everyday for 8 straight years, or did you happen to tune that part out.

The fact that Bush 43 and Cheney lied to start the Iraq War against Saddam and tanked the economy into a depression doesn't count as worthy of condemnation I guess from your point of view.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bob said:

I left the Warpath because of over the top liberalism and extremely biased moderators. It looks like this place is much worse at first glance. The extreme hate liberals have these days for those that don't vote like them is pathetic. Nice to see branding everyone who votes Republican a racist, and all the 3rd grade level name calling.

Aw, see, it's not that you don't vote like a liberal.

it's what you vote for is vile, disgusting fascism, and well, people with a brain HATE that ****.

HATE IT, and by proxy, hate those who support it, enable it, and cheer for it.

so carry on with your pity party,, keep believing it's just they don't like your vote.

It's what your vote represents. And frankly, if you voted for them, you are a reprehensible disgusting person who SHOULD be villified.

"Personal responsibility">
You should try it, buckaroo. Support who you want, but quit crying when everyone hates you for something they should hate you for.
Your leaders tried to overthrow this country violently. Your leaders backed the single worst person they could find, and through all of it you happily said '**** your feelings" and went on for the ride.
Well **** your ****ing feelings, you ****ing ****.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

To be completely fair, that is the policy of both parties over the last 40 years.

fredgraph.png.47cf80c6d3da50ae93fab6dbdd6595c0.png

The only time this was not the case was Clinton...and lets be honest, the creation of the internet and boom of that sector had a lot to do with it.  The growth in debt ratio was slower under Bush2 than either Reagan or Bush1.  Enormous under Obama1 (recession is grey bar) having basically given up all the gains during Clinton.  Obama2 and Trump were both on the same fiscal irresponsibility path right up to the pandemic.

...course, this is only one measure and not a complete picture.  But to claim either party has a fiscally responsible identity is simply blind to the facts.

This is very misleading, only telling half the story - debt, leaving out deficit spending. Every democratic president in the last 54 yrs has significantly reduced deficit spending except Carter who was flat. While every republican president in that time has significantly increased deficit spending during that time. 

So Obama was NOT on the same fiscal responsibility path. He reduced deficit spending he inherited from the recession from well over $1T/yr to a low of less than $500B in 2014/15. It increased to a little over $600B in 2016 thanks to a republicans led senate and house. Need to show the entire story not just haf. 

• Like 3

Just now, goskins10 said:

This is very misleading, only telling half the story - debt, leaving out deficit spending. Every democratic president in the last 54 yrs has significantly reduced deficit spending except Carter who was flat. While every republican president in that time has significantly increased deficit spending during that time. 

So Obama was NOT on the same fiscal responsibility path. He reduced deficit spending he inherited from the recession from well over $1T/yr to a low of less than $500B in 2014/15. It increased to a little over $600B in 2016 thanks to a republicans led senate and house. Need to show the entire story not just haf. 

I agree.  I did say it was only one measure and not a complete picture for a reason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bang said:

Aw, see, it's not that you don't vote like a lioberal.

it's what you vote for is vile, disgusting fascism, and well, people with a brain HATE that ****.

HATE IT..

so carry on with your pity party,, keep believing it's just they don't like your vote.

It's what your vote represents. And frankly, if you voted for them, you are a reprehensible disgusting person.

"Personal responsibility">
You should try it, buckaroo. Support who you want, but quit crying when everyone hates you for something they should hate you for.
Your leaders tried to overthrow this country violently. Your leaders backed the single worst person they could find, and through all of you happily said '**** your feelings" and went on for the ride.
Well **** your ****ing feelings, you ****ing ****.

~Bang

Very classy post, your mother should be proud of you.

Just now, Jabbyrwock said:

I agree.  I did say it was only one measure and not a complete picture for a reason.

Yes, but you also made the statement that Obama was on a path of fiscal irresponsibility. That is just not true because you left out the other half.

• Like 1

Did this dude seriously just roll right into to talking about people’s mothers?!?

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Yes, but you also made the statement that Obama was on a path of fiscal irresponsibility. That is just not true because you left out the other half.

Yeah, big difference between deficit and debt.  Obama did a very nice job holding the line on spending and simultaneously raising the GDP in term two.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Bob said:

Very classy post, your mother should be proud of you.

She is.
I'm not one of you.
And get this straight. i have no class reserved for Nazi ****s. 
None. You ****ers started a fight and now cry when people don't like you for it.
You poor poor pathetic jackass.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 4

Just now, goskins10 said:

By that measure it was the same slope as Trump.  I was only reporting what that one measure showed.  Sorry but we may be engaged in a semantic disagreement here.  I just displayed one measure of fiscal responsibility and described what it shows and then noted that there were other measures so the picture was incomplete.  I don't think we are in disagreement broadly speaking.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Yeah, big difference between deficit and debt.  Obama did a very nice job hold the line on spending and simultaneously raising the GDP in term two.

So this is the data I found on that from the CBO.  The last 3 years under Obama (2014,2015,2016) where about average or a bit better than average with respect to 1969-2018 average.  So you are correct that he held the line.  By this measure, tho, Bush2 was actually better in an admittedly cherry picked three year stretch 2005-2007.

Again...just data and incomplete.  Bush inherited a surplus, Obama didn't, etc. etc.  Just want to make sure we have data to refer to.

55151-home-cover.png.e1a9190c5530a317ec33c49c3bb33ba8.png