Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

On 12/29/2022 at 10:13 AM, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Tulsi Gabbard is one of those "despise them politically but I'm not sure I'd turn down a weekend with her if offered" politicians lol...glad she at least held Santos' feet to the fire without letting up.

Seriously?

This, like everything else they do, is political theater and crass at heart

Tulsi was simping for the Scalise faction that wants to kneecap McCarthy

• Thumb up 1

Just now, LD0506 said:

Seriously?

This, like everything else they do, is political theater and crass at heart

Tulsi was simping for the Scalise faction that wants to kneecap McCarthy

So what's your view on Scalise?  I would think his shooting would get him in there?  He's at least somewhat reasonable...

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

So what's your view on Scalise?  I would think his shooting would get him in there?  He's at least somewhat reasonable...

I'm not sure I can state my views on Scalise without violating the TOS

Something along these lines.....

fargo-wood-chipper-gif.gif.38d72426959a2b9447bc28901a35f485.gif

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, dunfer said:

pay attention to what? What are you implying Im missing? This administration seems to avoid the southern border like its nothing to worry about, but really its just a political nightmare after declaring any hardline stance as racist previously. Its not like the democratic party wasnt tough on immigration pre-trump..."the wall" was just something to rally against. Save your high and mighty

Sorry, but anyone who still plays the "both sides" card isn't paying any attention, or they are falsely equating one set of problems with the other.

There's no high and mighty.
Looking over this dumb **** doesn't require much height or strength.

What you're missing is glaringly obvious, as in one of your 'same' sides is actively following fascist playbooks and have and still attempt to overthrow this nation.
But I am sure when you go to one of your GOP events, you and the Nazis you find there will have a nice high five over how the other side is the same.

The ****ing border. 
Hey, yesterday the Chinese flew a fighter jet within 20' of the nose of a USAF RC-135 in the South China sea. A provocation that is becoming increasingly more frequent and is an actual real global emergency that will impact your life MUCH more than any migrants crossing the border.

It's no wonder that their propaganda wings and political stooges in the US spend so much time on the distraction.

~Bang

• Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, Bang said:

Sorry, but anyone who still plays the "both sides" card isn't paying any attention, or they are falsely equating one set of problems with the other.

There's no high and mighty.
Looking over this dumb **** doesn't require much height or strength.

What you're missing is glaringly obvious, as in one of your 'same' sides is actively following fascist playbooks and have and still attempt to overthrow this nation.
But I am sure when you go to one of your GOP events, you and the Nazis you find there will have a nice high five over how the other side is the same.

The ****ing border. 
Hey, yesterday the Chinese flew a fighter jet within 20' of the nose of a USAF RC-135 in the South China sea. A provocation that is becoming increasingly more frequent and is an actual real global emergency that will impact your life MUCH more than any migrants crossing the border.

It's no wonder that their propaganda wings and political stooges in the US spend so much time on the distraction.

~Bang

Sorry i dont agree. In my opinion theres problems that both sides "should" be able to agree upon and work together. Each side is just a conglomeration of vastly different and often conflicting opinions to condense into two majorities. So yeah give me a good leadership regardless of party....and i have my heroes in both

There are many issues. Yeah China. How does that mean we shouldnt pay attention to the border?

Edited by dunfer

8 minutes ago, dunfer said:

Sorry i dont agree. In my opinion theres problems that both sides "should" be able to agree upon and work together.

What legislation has the GOP put forward recently to actually address these "problems"? What policies that actually help human beings do they support? 

I've seen the Democrats propose numerous solutions to issues such as Healthcare, environment, immigration, infrastructure, gun violence/safety, veterans benefits. The stance the Republicans seem to take on these issues is that they will sort themselves out or at best pay them lip service like say illegal immigration or crime is running rampant. Yet they never seem to provide any realistic solution. So how exactly are both parties the same on some of these key issues, say immigration for example? 

The border is a complex issue. 
For one, immigration is not illegal. I as much as anyone prefer people come through legal channels.
But we have to address why there are so many, and if we REALLY want to go after what is typically hyped up as the root of the problem, the lost jobs ..  the issue isn't the migrant, it's the guy firing the American to hire him for pennies on the dollar, illegally so he can get away with a lot of exploitive ways to save his bottom line.
But we don't. we go after the end result, not the source. No matter what we do, unless the reasons they come are addressed, they won't stop coming.
The anger factories don't really WANT you paying attention to what is really important, because if you haven't figured it out yet, they don't have our best national interests at heart, and that puts it mildly.  

The drug problems that the right love to scream about, the fentanyl, etc.  this is a crisis brought about by basic economics.. .supply and demand. 
We DEMAND drugs.

They provide the supply. Plain and simple. And that is IT.
No demand, no supply.
Not the other way around. Cut off the supply, the demand still exists, and you've just shifted the problem because the supply WILL be met. 
The drug cartels are violent, and people flee and head for us. They send their kids to get them away from the gangs.
ALL of that violence is fueled by our money and our demand for these drugs.
ALL of it. 100%
This country has a MASSIVE drug problem, but handling that is never in the plans, hell, we didn't even punish the people most responsible for synthesizing heroin and turning a huge chunk of the country into junkies.
The sources of these problems are NEVER addressed, only the simplest scapegoat is used because that gains power by yelling about it non-stop to people who are easily riled and do not connect the dots as to what the actual problems are.

Close the border tight as a drum.

You still will have the problem because we demand a very expensive product and that will NOT Be ignored until we no longer have such a high demand. 

Period.

Right now we're racing to build factories in Ohio and Arizona to begin making the chips that we get almost exclusively from Taiwan. If the Chinese take them they gain a technological edge that is akin to the one we had after world war II before anyone else had the bomb. We're behind. 

This flight yesterday was a very close encounter. A direct provocation. Flying as close as it did in the area it did was a direct provocation, and while direct provocation is not new, it is when it comes to our forces. We've been down there nose to nose with them for a long time. 
They routinely scramble fighter jets and fly them directly to the edge of Taiwanese space and sometimes within, on vectors that would be bombing runs. They veer off at the last second. They have commissioned five warships in the past year and a half, aircraft carriers and amphibious attack troop ships. 
It's more than saber rattling, they feel Taiwan is theirs, and it is an eventuality we must be ready for. Because the demand for what they supply is VERY high, and it's global. They are about the only supplier. Until we get these factories online. 

The border is hugely a political stunt opportunity, with any real solutions to alleviate the problem being ignored for dopey walls and expensive useless boondoggles that impress the yokels. The things that can be done, we don't want to do. It's too valuable as a distraction and anger generator.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Captain Wiggles said:

What legislation has the GOP put forward recently to actually address these "problems"? What policies that actually help human beings do they support? 

I've seen the Democrats propose numerous solutions to issues such as Healthcare, environment, immigration, infrastructure, gun violence/safety, veterans benefits. The stance the Republicans seem to take on these issues is that they will sort themselves out or at best pay them lip service like say illegal immigration or crime is running rampant. Yet they never seem to provide any realistic solution. So how exactly are both parties the same on some of these key issues, say immigration for example? 

single file line...the line is in shambles

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I'll take that as a you have no answers that are worth a damn. You have yourself a wonderful evening.  ️ 

if i did i wouldnt be responding to you on a commanders forum, Id be trying to get a message to the nursing home. (biden joke)(cause hes way too old)

Yeah I dont have an answer to most of the worlds' problems..but if you want my vote, you better

night night 💤

Edited by dunfer
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dunfer said:

Sorry i dont agree. In my opinion theres problems that both sides "should" be able to agree upon and work together. Each side is just a conglomeration of vastly different and often conflicting opinions to condense into two majorities. So yeah give me a good leadership regardless of party....and i have my heroes in both

There are many issues. Yeah China. How does that mean we shouldnt pay attention to the border?

So, who are your heroes on both sides?

2 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

the last one I can think of was comprehensive immigration reform proposed by the Bush administration.  It was a good plan, and so naturally the far right opposed it.  So did Bernie Sanders because guest workers made unions nervous.  Immigration is absolutely an issue that should be dealt with as a practical matter.  Both parties have adopted absurd stances which leads me to believe they prefer to have it as a political or issue, or avoid the minefield their rhetoric has created.  

but there’s no equality on the issue.  Once Trump went to child separation, a policy so horror I believe I should be treated as a human rights crime and all involved jailed, the issue was settled for me.  Republicans do not treat immigrants as people.  A point made clear by dumping immigrants including children off in freezing temps on Christmas.  

• Like 1

When it comes to Santos, his names, and his actual biography, I would like to point out some people call me a space cowboy. Some people call me Maurice, and I have been trying (unsuccessfully) for decades to get Mrs. Gbear to call me the" Gangster of Love."

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, dunfer said:

i was born in 74 and really dont remember the 70s (ford and carter?) but its an easy list in my lifetime that i remember. Ronald, George Sr, Bill and Barack.

So you're a whole lot younger than most of us. 

But if you would tell us why you consider Barack a hero, that would be cool.  (He's mine, too.) 

GOP House sets agenda for first few weeks, and yes, it's ridiculous

Incoming House Majority Leader Steve Scalise sent a letter Friday to the Republican conference outlining the agenda for the first few weeks of the session of the Republicans’ tiny new majority. That is, if they can actually get a speaker elected, because they can’t do any business at all until that’s accomplished.

Once they get past that hurdle, Scalise promises they’ll “begin bringing up meaningful, ‘ready-to-go’ legislation” that will “address challenges facing hard-working families on issues ranging from energy, inflation, border security, life, taxpayer protection, and more.”

It probably won’t come as a big surprise that the bills Scalise lists in his letter don’t do any of that. He also omits as “and more” three pieces of punitive, politicized abortion legislation. 

That forced birth agenda includes codifying the long-standing Hyde Amendment that prevents federal funding for abortion and “funding for any insurance plan that includes abortion on demand.”

Speaking of sick, they have a gotcha bill to try to force Democrats on the record “condemning the recent attacks on pro-life facilities, groups, and churches.” Recent attacks? On churches for being “pro-life”? In the U.S.? Outside of the synagogues and the Black churches, that is.

They do have some energy-related bills, mostly attempting to tie President Joe Biden’s hands if we’re faced with another oil shortage with a bill that “prohibits non-emergency drawdowns of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve without a plan to increase energy production on federal lands.” Sorry, America, you can’t have both affordable gas and pristine national parks and recreation areas.

Oh, and they’ll try to repeal the increase in funding for the IRS that Democrats passed this year. They sure don’t want the agency to be able to investigate their well-heeled donors for tax fraud.

None of this is necessary. All of this was rejected by the American people in November. And none of it will make it to the Senate floor. But the Republicans don’t actually care about making policy. They want to score political points and give their shrinking base of fanatical bigots, because that’s all they got.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

16 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

So you're a whole lot younger than most of us. 

just an observation from the cheap seats but couldn’t help lmao at the “why you’re just a know nothing young whippersnapper” angle to a poster that is what, 48/49 bc you have 6/7 years on him.  🤦‍♂️ 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

just an observation from the cheap seats but couldn’t help lmao at the “why you’re just a know nothing young whippersnapper” angle to a poster that is what, 48/49 bc you have 6/7 years on him.  🤦‍♂️ 

Talkin ****

America's favorite indoor sport

• Thumb up 1