Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Add to the burning dung heap that is the current GOP party George Santos.  This guy has lied about everything- his education, his work, his finances, his mother being a 9/11 victim, being Jewish.  Ties to Russia it appears, he will fit right in…

Edited by YourDreamin
forgot sentence
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I love how Elaine Chow, McConnell's wife and member of Trump's cabinet, says the media shouldn't mention Trump's tweets that refer to her as "Coco Chow."

Hey genius, don't you think its important for the public to know the statements of someone who is your party's front runner for president in 2024?

Idiot.

• Thumb up 1

Re: McCarthy Speakership

This is just political posturing.  The hard right have to distance themselves from McCarthy and will never vote for anything bipartisan. They need to bolster their "hard right cred". 

I hate the way the DC media covers this dumb drama.  McCarthy will be speaker and whatever "consessions" were already worked behind closed doors. 

They all have to play kubuki.  I hate the DC media breathlessly will report as if we don't know what will happen.  

No one wants this job.... it's a thankless horrible job...

7 hours ago, Fergasun said:

This is just political posturing.  The hard right have to distance themselves from McCarthy and will never vote for anything bipartisan. They need to bolster their "hard right cred". 

I hate the way the DC media covers this dumb drama.  McCarthy will be speaker and whatever "consessions" were already worked behind closed doors. 

They all have to play kubuki.  I hate the DC media breathlessly will report as if we don't know what will happen.  

Yes a lot of it is political theater but the collection of cripples the Rs have assembled for the House couldn't pour piss out of a boot if you printed instructions on the sole, why would anyone believe they might cleverly craft some agenda?

I genuinely expect the war for the Speaker's gavel to rage on for awhile, embarrassing them and entertaining us into the new year. Then once they do manage to accidentally elect a Speaker they will vote him out during a tantrum and it will start all over again.

My lurid imagination couldn't have cooked this up

• Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Kevin McCarthy has been in line for House Leadership since 2013.  All of these GOP House members have known this.  Do the conservatives think they can enact an agenda? No.  They have to know this.  What they can do in power is limited.  

I get that 5 or so of the "Never Kevin" caucus are hardliners... and maybe they need to peform for their voters but what do they want to say? McCarthy is a RINO?   Not conservative enouhh? nUltimately he will play along with their agenda, investigations and "maybe" they will pass legislation they want to enact to signal their agenda.  

But at the same time the GOP doesn't hold the Senate, or Preaidency so they have to share  power with Dems.  I think the country will get sick of their antics if they shut things down... which we know the GOP conservative hard right wants to do.  

9 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I think you are giving them too much credit.  I'm sure it is political theater for some, but I also think there are at least 5 GOP members that just want to get their way and do not care about the consequences.  There are at least 5 that have gone on national TV and said they will never vote for McCarthy, and if they do it now, then they will look weak.  The same people that boxed themselves in like that are exactly the type of people that are happy to let the entire conference die on the hill with and because of them. 

I guess we'll find out shortly. 

18 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

You laugh, but the joke will be on you when she is named Chairperson for the House Science, Space, and Technology Committee.

....and Santos will be named Chair of the Ethics committee. Too bad ol Farmer Devin Nunes left. He could of chaired Agriculture.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Uh....

• Haha 1