Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

22 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Can someone tell me why people are re-tweeting Trump's Truth social network stuff?  I thought people were ignoring this?  Don't repeat his garbage 

Disagree. The primary reason he lost in 2020 was because enough people got tired of his social media rants. The more of his jackassery is exposed for people to tire of him, the better.

• Like 2

Charlie would be horrified to know we have pacemakers that keep people alive, we have artificial limbs to help those who have lost one.
And we have devices that will amplify even his idiotic voice so loud that it will go around the world in an instant.

~Bang

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 9/8/2022 at 8:50 PM, Fergasun said:

Can someone tell me why people are re-tweeting Trump's Truth social network stuff?  I thought people were ignoring this?  Don't repeat his garbage 

In my humble opinion, the more that media outlets, particularly the more liberal/moderate ones like CNN, continue to cover Trump and discuss his every move, the more they perpetuate his existence and influence.  If I were the head of whatever journalistic company, I would just say ignore the dude, don't talk about him whatsoever.  He's a POS that doesn't deserve any attention.  Let Fox News worship him, the rest can just let him fade into non-existence.

2 hours ago, abdcskins said:

In my humble opinion, the more that media outlets, particularly the more liberal/moderate ones like CNN, continue to cover Trump and discuss his every move, the more they perpetuate his existence and influence.  If I were the head of whatever journalistic company, I would just say ignore the dude, don't talk about him whatsoever.  He's a POS that doesn't deserve any attention.  Let Fox News worship him, the rest can just let him fade into non-existence.

That only works if he's done little more in the past than have a podcast.

Trump will never, ever, fade into non-existence for any reason...even death. That's not because of media coverage.

32 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

That only works if he's done little more in the past than have a podcast.

Trump will never, ever, fade into non-existence for any reason...even death. That's not because of media coverage.

Yeah you're right.  I mean I can understand talking about substantial events, like the recent Mar-a-Lago investigation.  I'm thinking more inconsequential attention-grabbing headlines about rallies and tweets and whatnot, sort of like what Fergasun was talking about.

I am not a huge news nut so I don't scour all the media outlets - I don't really have a pulse on what news agencies are covering, I'm more just going by what I see on cnn.com, the only website I frequent on a regular basis.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Yeah you're right.  I mean I can understand talking about substantial events, like the recent Mar-a-Lago investigation.  I'm thinking more inconsequential attention-grabbing headlines about rallies and tweets and whatnot, sort of like what Fergasun was talking about.

I am not a huge news nut so I don't scour all the media outlets - I don't really have a pulse on what news agencies are covering, I'm more just going by what I see on cnn.com, the only website I frequent on a regular basis.

Ah, got it...I didn't read what Fergasun was saying before responding to you lol...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I think he is still newsworthy as much as we may not like it.  In my opinion,  they should still cover him but it short bursts.  "Here is the dumb **** he said today and here is why it is stupid/false/treasous, etc.  And in other news........"

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

They should cover him, but they have to stop treating him as if he was anything other than what he is. 
They spent the last 5 or 6 ys giving his lies credence by not calling them out every single time that he uttered them. That they did not warn anyone out of some ****ing idiotic notion of 'fairness' .. (Fairness that is out the window, by the by. But propaganda is NOT calling him what he is, calling out his lies, saying the truth. They covered him like he was a bonafide leader deserving of respect, and nothing he did ever earned it. They knew what he was and they just wouldn't say because they didn't want to hear Hannity scream at them or the GOP bootlicks to drag them on social media.

It is high time the actual media that reports actual facts and practices actual journalism to say "**** this guy" and drag his ass as much as he deserves. They don't have to lie or embellish one iota to do it. Just speak truth, call his lies for being lies. 

Let him haul them into court. Let him put himself in a position to have to answer for any of it.

Ignoring him..  you ever see any disease that is cured by just pretending it didn't exist?

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Rick Scott Responds to Criticism He’s Prioritizing His Own Political Career Over the NRSC by Traveling to…Solid R Iowa

Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL) has been facing a deluge of criticism over his stewardship of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, including accusations that he has prioritized his own personal political ambitions over helping the GOP retake the Senate majority, and he responded to that by…traveling to [checks notes] Iowa.

Wait, what?

Iowa is, to put it mildly, not expected to be competitive in this year’s midterm elections.

Former President Donald Trump handily won Iowa both times he was on the ballot, defeating Hillary Clinton in 2016 51.15% to 41.75% and surpassing Joe Biden in 2020 53.09% to 44.89%. Cook Political Report rates Sen. Chuck Grassley’s (R-IA) chances of re-election as “Solid R.”

For the state’s four congressional districts, Cook rates two as “Likely Republican,” one as “Lean Republican,” and the fourth, currently held by Rep. Randy Feenstra (R-IA), as so uncompetitive they don’t even bother to analyze it. Feenstra memorably defeated former Rep. Steve King in the 2020 primary after GOP leadership finally got fed up with King’s decades of bigoted comments, and then went on to win the general by nearly 25 points.

Meanwhile, Scott has been openly sparring with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) over the party’s struggles with problematic Trump-backed candidates, and facing growing accusations of mismanaging the NRSC’s finances in the wake of a New York Times report detailing how the group had brought in a “record cash haul” but burned through over 95 percent of it by the end of July.

In other words, with less than two months to go before the midterms, the solid-red Hawkeye State normally would not be expected to be a priority for the NRSC chairman’s travel itinerary.

Click on the link for the full article

Republican Co-Chair Spouts Blatant Homophobia Against Pete Buttigieg

On Sunday, Meshawn Maddock, the co-chair of Michigan's Republican party took to Twitter to attack United States Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg. Maddock's tweet was in response to a recent interview Buttigieg had done about the shift away from gas-powered vehicles.

"We're so blessed this weak little girl moved to Michigan!" Maddock wrote. "Looks like he's bringing all his California Dreaming here with him."

Buttigieg, who was previously the mayor of South Bend Indiana, moved to Michigan in July. At the time he said that family connections (through his husband Chasten) inspired the move.

Maddock, who describes herself on Twitter as "Ultra MAGA" has been a co-chair of the state party since 2021. Prior to this, she had made national headlines for organizing a protest to halt the state's stay-at-home order which led to heavily armed militiamen outside the Michigan Statehouse. She also "helped fill 19 buses to Washington for the Jan. 6 rally" according to the New York Times and spoke at a Stop the Steal rally. In April, Maddock's husband Matt Maddock who was a State representative, was ousted from the state caucus for improper behavior. 

Meshawn Maddock's post about Buttigieg is currently being "ratioed," a term used on the social media platform that refers to a post being negatively quote tweeted more than it receives support. At the time of this writing, there are over 100 quotes, some of which point out that the attack came as the Michigan GOP Twitter account remembers those lost to the September 11 terrorist attack, while Buttigieg is a military veteran. 

"You can always count on homophobic bull**** like this from a thin-lipped, Republican, party-bloat Barbie with that White Claw glow," George Hahn wrote. Michigan State Representative Samantha Steckloff also commented.

"Once again, the chair of the Michigan GOP has stooped to the lowest of lows spouting homophobic and bigoted attacks on Michganders once again," she wrote. "Step down, you don't deserve to represent anyone. Hate has no place here."

Click on the link for the full article