Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Daily Mail:Disastrous Bella Hadid-backed Bahamas Fyre Festival is CANCELLED

Kilmer17

I used to go to a Festival that had thousands of attendees and lasted a week. It was built from the ground up every year and then broken down. There was a team that gathered for two months prior for the build up. And it was pretty much rustic.  And ours cost only $500 or sliding scale, not up to $12,000.

Obviously, this festival wasn't prepared to put it on, with all the resources necessary to make it the upscale event it was billed as. No coordination in any way, food, shelter, performers. 

I see a class action suit in the future.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Watched both. Liked the Netflix one a little better. I actually think watching both is the way to go. Netflix one has more on the planning and the ****show itself. Really let's you know that social media millennials weren't the only victims. Lots of Bahamians got screwed by this festival. Hulu doc really hammers in the fact this guy was a con man.

27 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Watched both. Liked the Netflix one a little better. I actually think watching both is the way to go. Netflix one has more on the planning and the ****show itself. Really let's you know that social media millennials weren't the only victims. Lots of Bahamians got screwed by this festival. Hulu doc really hammers in the fact this guy was a con man.

Felt really bad for that woman who had to wipe away tears by how much she got screwed.

This guy has to be in the running for best con man of all time.  How good at conning people do you have to be in order to get a guy to be ready, willing and able to give a beej to some gov't official in order to get something done?  Jeez.

12 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

Now the subject of an excellent documentary on Netflix.

I watched the Hulu doc. McFarland wanted the interviews so he could explain his side of things but all he did was increase the perception that he's crooked and unapologetic.

The main thing I've retained the most from the footage was Ja Rule's excessive drinking throughout the meetings and how at each and every meeting he would always be offering up the following toast, "Live like movie stars, party like rock stars..." Apparently those were his only goals throughout that whole sham of a process. Each time it seemed like the people in the room considered him to be a drunken fool, which he definitely came across as.

I also remember one shot as people arrived on the island to find out they had been scammed. McFarland was standing on a pedestal saying to the crowd "You people need to calm down." That made me sick to my stomach too.

I watched the documentary the other day on Netflix, haven’t seen the Hulu one. When Ja Rule said “It’s not fraud, it’s false advertising” I laughed out loud. The whole story is just crazy to me, what were they thinking by not planning anything? No lights or luggage handling food or anything 

Also the Bohemian woman has a go fund me for her, it think their is over 150k raised already. 

Archived