Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

21 minutes ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

Here's a thought.  If the Redskins really gave a **** about getting another GM - don't you think we would have heard something by now?  There have been 0 official interviews.  To me, this whole thing stinks.  It sounds more and more like Bruce Allen had some issues with Scot's plan.  And speaking of which, how many times over the past two years did we hear this phrase "Scot, the man with the plan".  The players certainly believed in Scot.  The first year the Redskins lost in the playoffs against the Packers everyone was giving credit to SCOT!  Not Bruce. Not Dan.  In fact, we were praising Dan for staying the hell off the map and allowing real football people to do what they did best.  Now? We are back to the dumpster fire.  This front office is awful in every way.  What other organization has these types of problems with players, coaches, and now GMs?  The answer is none.  Just the Redskins.  What a joke.

Maybe the FO is getting ready for the draft and having a new guy come in is not going to make any sense what so ever until after the draft. Did you even think about that? We are not back to dumpster fire. Can't believe some of you fans are so melodramatic! sheesh. 

1 hour ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

Here's a thought.  If the Redskins really gave a **** about getting another GM - don't you think we would have heard something by now?  There have been 0 official interviews.  To me, this whole thing stinks.  It sounds more and more like Bruce Allen had some issues with Scot's plan.  And speaking of which, how many times over the past two years did we hear this phrase "Scot, the man with the plan".  The players certainly believed in Scot.  The first year the Redskins lost in the playoffs against the Packers everyone was giving credit to SCOT!  Not Bruce. Not Dan.  In fact, we were praising Dan for staying the hell off the map and allowing real football people to do what they did best.  Now? We are back to the dumpster fire.  This front office is awful in every way.  What other organization has these types of problems with players, coaches, and now GMs?  The answer is none.  Just the Redskins.  What a joke.

Multiple reports from WaPo beat writers claim that Scot and Co. set the draft board and free agent "wish list" before he was canned. 

You will see a new GM (real or pseudo) after the draft. 

16 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Multiple reports from WaPo beat writers claim that Scot and Co. set the draft board and free agent "wish list" before he was canned. 

You will see a new GM (real or pseudo) after the draft. 

Yeah, so if this draft and FA class is successful, a lot of that credit will go to Scot. Likewise if the opposite holds true, a lot of the blame. 

And yes, no one should be upset at the lack of a new GM so far. There's no way they'd do that until after the draft. That's something I wouldn't criticize them for. 

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I am convinced the most divisive phrase in American culture today is FAKE NEWS.  I swear if I read it one more time I'm going to puke.  It's a crutch for those who reject bad news. Problem is not every bit of bad news can be excused away as fake news, much of it is true or at least has it's roots in truth even if they get a bit of the specifics or a date wrong on occasion. 

Here has been our pattern for 20 years.

We suck

Then we suck some more

Then we make a miracle run at the end of the season and squeak into the playoffs where we scare nobody and leave early

Then we suck

Then we rebuild and sell our fans on the new beginning

Then we suck.

Agreed - The "Fake News" thing as become a hacky bit that people use to say,..."welp,..I don't agree with that so it's Fake News".   Our society is slowly devolving. 

2 minutes ago, Probos said:

Agreed - The "Fake News" thing as become a hacky bit that people use to say,..."welp,..I don't agree with that so it's Fake News".   Our society is slowly devolving. 

I was trying to figure out if all the likes were for the fake news part or the we suck part.  Guess it's split.  They were 2 different thoughts but got merged into one post. 

But seriously the Fake News thing has to go. At this point you just look like an A-hole for overusing it every time people are saying things you do not agree with. 

36 minutes ago, dyst said:

Is there any reason why people even want a GM? Whoever they bring it, if they bring someone on board will only be a figurehead. The actual GM(s) is already here (Snyder/Allen).

I agree with this.   Has anybody actually looked at Doug WIlliams' track record?  What qualifications does he have to be the GM? 

18 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

That 35 point quarter takes some beating.

I dunno. If he'd been a commentator for a few years, I'd say he's the best GM on the market.

Actually, it looks like he was a GM for the Virginia Destroyers in the UFL for two years, and coached Grambling State for a few years. It could be worse, I guess. We could have gotten John Lynch. :rofl89:

On March 16, 2017 at 1:08 PM, goskins10 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000718709/article/ravens-fire-offensive-coordinator-marc-trestman

Had that been the Redskins the discussion would have been how rash Dan Snyder is and the Redskins are in disarray again - etc. etc.

The point here is not that the media are biased against the team or have an axe to grind. The point is that the Ravens get the benefit of the doubt when they make a surprising move. The Redskins, after 15 years of shyte, do not. 

This is only reasonable. This perception dynamic is the same in any business, and with any person, anywhere in the world. When a group or a person screw up time after time after time after time over a long stretch (Redskins), a surprising/sudden/unpopular move from them will generate criticism and mistrust. When a group or a person have been successful over a long stretch (Ravens), they get more rope for a surprising/sudden/unpopular move.

No one criticized Belichick for bringing in Haynesworth even though it didn't have a snowball's chance or working out. Why? Because the org is well run, and wins all the time.

If the Redskins want to diminish media criticism, they need to:

a.) Take down the level and frequency of drama (which they had done for 2 years under GMSM)

b.) Win games  (which they had also done for 2 years under GMSM)

The bottom line is that the only constants in the mess of the last 17 years have been Snyder + Allen or Cerrato. They deserve everything levelled at them.

Was this crap going on under JKC? When Beathard, Casserly and Gibbs 1 were here? Were the local and national media biased against the team then?

Nope. They were revered.

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I agree with this.   Has anybody actually looked at Doug WIlliams' track record?  What qualifications does he have to be the GM? 

I'd  venture to say that he's just as qualified, as Ozzie Newsome was, when he got the GM job for Baltimore.

Maybe he's even more qualified, as he has  coaching experience,  in addition to his NFL executive experience.

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I dunno. If he'd been a commentator for a few years, I'd say he's the best GM on the market.

Actually, it looks like he was a GM for the Virginia Destroyers in the UFL for two years, and coached Grambling State for a few years. It could be worse, I guess. We could have gotten John Lynch. 

2 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

68414827.jpg

2 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

Larry Michael says he'd be awesome. That's good enough for me. 

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Actually, it looks like he was a GM for the Virginia Destroyers in the UFL for two years, and coached Grambling State for a few years. It could be worse, I guess. We could have gotten John Lynch. :rofl89:

Seriously?   

Did any of you bother to do more than a rudimentary search, before your witty responses?  

He seems quite qualified, as much as, or more so, than Ozzie Newsome was, when he got the GM job for Baltimore.  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/10430834/doug-williams-returns-washington-redskins-executive

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Seriously?   

Did any of you bother to do more than a rudimentary search, before your witty responses?  

He seems quite qualified, as much as, or more so, than Ozzie Newsome was, when he got the GM job for Baltimore.  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/10430834/doug-williams-returns-washington-redskins-executive

Yes, if x number of years in a 'personnel job' is your criteria for "qualified". If it's, you know, showing any particular aptitude at the things that would make a person a good GM, then not so much.

And my witty reply was a photo I found on the internet, so obviously I did a search. Sheesh.

21 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Seriously?   

Quick wiki search, looks like Williams had 1 year in the scouting dept,(Williams was promoted to the position of director of professional scouting  for TB in February 2009, left TB in 2010 to go back to Grambling St.) while Newsome worked his way up through the scouting dept..

As a F.O. exec., Williams is better qualified. But not as a scout. And I think we were looking for is a scout. Which is what is behind the sarcasm.

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Seriously?   

Newsome and Williams are the same age, 61. Newsome got his GM gig 15 years ago. I'd love it if Williams could become a good GM, but I've just never seen any evidence that says he would be. I don't know how his GM stint in the UFL went, but I know it only lasted a year.

If Bruce Allen keeps pulling the strings behind the scenes, it won't matter who they get anyway.  

37 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Newsome and Williams are the same age, 61. Newsome got his GM gig 15 years ago. I'd love it if Williams could become a good GM, but I've just never seen any evidence that says he would be. I don't know how his GM stint in the UFL went, but I know it only lasted a year.

If Bruce Allen keeps pulling the strings behind the scenes, it won't matter who they get anyway.  

Allen wants a Yes man and Williams would be just that.  IF your going to hire w/in it should be Scot Campbell.  He's come up through the ranks and was Scot M. right hand man when it came to finding the talent.  To keep there from being any animosity, I'd rather they go outside the organization to find their GM.  Either way, the final say when it comes to whatever power the GM holds will be Bruce's.

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

Yeah, I didn't consider the age factor

Check the sig. learn the sig, know the sig. check the avatar. Understand what we're dealing with. As long as Dan Snyder wants to bring in lackeys that do his bidding we'll always be what we've been these many years under his control. When real football people are brought in, they get stomped. This is the Washington Redskins. This is our football team. $$$ This is the result. Dan might love the team, but he loves the pain of loss more. Why else would he do what he's doing?

Archived