Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

36 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Man, with the police investigating him for rape accusations, I fear his stock will falter heavily on draft day.

Might even reach the La'el Collins level.

Yeah I am the Harbinger of Doom for my first rounders.

Lael Collins.

Gareon Conley.

Shaq Lawson last year was lucky he only was injured most of the year.

I think agents should be paying me not take their guys in the first round of these things.

Im costing them millions.

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

I see, @clskinsfan, you're targeting the 6'10" lineman.  There's gotta be a point where a guy is just too tall and gives up leverage.

And for Kyle Fuller, I thought he'd be drafted but he's still got a lot of work to do, especially once getting to the second level.  Guy looks straight up lost when trying to block away from the line of scrimmage.

Yeah. I am kind of surprised Fuller didnt get picked. Your right about him needing work. Just shows that us amateur "GM's" know a little about football as well :)

56 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Man, with the police investigating him for rape accusations, I fear his stock will falter heavily on draft day.

Might even reach the La'el Collins level.

Which is sad as the guy is undeniably a great football player.

Just like the Reuben Foster being tested positive at the combine or Jabril Peppers. Or the Caleb Brantley incident...

We know that those aren't supposed to happen in our draft, but those are the kind of thing that will alter how we regurlaly judge each draft from each and every one of us...

I feel for all of you if that happens this year again...

Well we are not supposed to take into account anything that happens after the start of the draft. But yeah. Some of us are going to get screwed because some of these potential draft picks are idiots.

16 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah. I am kind of surprised Fuller didnt get picked. Your right about him needing work. Just shows that us amateur "GM's" know a little about football as well :)

****. I'd take the opinions of a few of those in here ANY day of the week over 90% of the so called 'draft gurus.'

Most of them are no more 'expert'  from ourselves and just bounce off each other without a shred of personal opinion or evaluation from actually watching tape. A lot of talking heads couldn't scout to save their lives. But people bye into the B/S of the big business that is the NFL draft and keep these charlatans in work. 

Why most mocks aren't worth a ____. Ours excepted. :) .

Hail. 

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

First, let me be clear - what a great job doing all this work! I know it's not easy. Also, for me the actual draft is the final say. So this is more out of curiosity than challenging the results.

Can you tell me the 3 players you show listed with a 3rd round grade? I come up with 5. Again, more curious than anything.

I've always tried to preface my metrics with the notion that they're not a full proof or absolute method of judging a draft. They're simply one subjective way of doing it, albeit with hard data as opposed to gut feeling. I'm of the mind that any one individual is kind of a crapshoot, but the more people you put together the better results you can get from data. Since I do all the work to get these numbers for my own purposes during the draft, I figure that I may as well get some extra use out of it and share some of the results according to my, admittedly limited, methods. Over the years people have seemingly enjoyed it, even if they may not fully agree with what it ultimately says.

And yeah, the board that really ultimately matters is the actual draft...and beyond that, what actually happens with those players over the next 3+ years.

As to your later question....

The three were as follows:

Corey Davis was graded as a 8 (1st rounder)

Garett Bolles was graded as a 7.5 (1st-2nd rounder)

Tarell basham was graded as a 6.5 (2nd-3rd rounder)

The next three were close but not quite:

Isaac Asiata was graded as a 5 (4th rounder)

Wayne Gallman as a 5.5 (3rd-4th rounder)

Tyler Orlosky was graded as a 5 (4th rounder)

Gallman  was number 107 on my big board, Orlosky was 125, and Asiata was 128.

Raider's top UDFA targets:

IFEADI ODENIGBO OLB NORTHWESTERN

HARVEY LANGI LB BYU

DERRICK JONES CB OLE MISS

NOBLE NWACHUKWU DE WEST VIRGINIA

JOE WILLIAMS RB UTAH

DYLAN DONAHUE OLB WEST GEORGIA

•  
  • Looking forward to seeing where my draft picks actually go and climbing out of the cellar of ZRagone's current grade :)

UDRFA target: Jon Taylor - NT - Southeastern Louisiana 

Southeastern Louisiana DL Jon Taylor is receiving "a lot of interest" from the NFL.

The enormous Taylor, who checked in at 6-foot-5 and 349 pounds at his pro day event, came to the Lions via Alabama and Georgia; he was dismissed from both SEC schools after separate arrests.

At his pro day workout -- he attended Tulane’s -- Taylor completed 30 reps on the bench, logged a 27-inch vertical jump and an 8-foot-9 broad jump and ran an impressive 40-yard dash in 4.91s. Apr 10 - 1:45 PM

Packers recap:

1st Round, 29th, (29th) -  Chidobe Awuzie, CB

The Packers had trouble defending the pass last year with all of the injuries.  I am confident that Randall and Rollins will have bounce back years assuming they can stay healthy, but Sam Shields' time with the Packers is over after that serious concussion in the first game of the season, and Micah Hyde got himself a nice contract elsewhere.  House was signed in the off-season fill Shield's position as a starter, but Hyde's role as a do-anything guy remained unfilled.  Enter Awuzie.  He's adequately tall, and he's fast.  He's very competent in coverage.  And a huge part of why I liked him at this pick is that he's a physical, aggressive player.  He's really good at blitzing the QB from the slot putting up 9 sacks in his collegiate career.  He's a guy who will throw himself in there on run plays seeking to be involved physically; he put up 25 TFLs in college and forced 6 fumbles.  He'll play outside, nickel, FS, SS, and even Linebacker.  I think the draft gurus are starting to catch on to his value here and are now starting to link him to the Packers after my ingenious pick here.

2nd Round, 29th, (61st) - Jordan Willis, EDGE

Lost a couple edge-rushers in the offseason, and Clay Matthews and Nick Perry both have pretty long injury histories, so its a good idea to keep the cupboard of edge-rushers stocked.  Thought Willis was strong value in the late second so I pulled the trigger.  He's already got nice NFL size for a 3-4 OLB with a frame to put on some more size.  He was productive rushing the passer in college, and his measurables are pretty much everything you could ask for out of your 3-4 OLB.

3rd Round, 25th, (89th) - Kareem Hunt, RB **traded picks 93 and 192

Lacy and Starks are both gone, leaving converted WR Ty Montgomery as the top RB, and Christine Michael, who's bounced around in his short career, as the backup.  I had a high grade on Hunt, and after Foreman was taken (whom I had graded lower), I knew it was time to jump up and make sure I got him; paying a compensatory 5th to jump up was worth it, in my opinion.  Hunt is a back who shows great patience and vision to the hole, and his balance is legendary.  I've seen too many attempted tackles where he should have been down by all rights, but some how he manages to regain his balance and is off to the races.  Along with this elusiveness/balance, he also packs power in his running game, though he didn't get to show it off much as he played exclusively in the shotgun.  He's also very sure-handed with the football having fumbled just one time in his entire collegiate career, which he recovered himself.  The knocks on his game would be a lack of breakaway speed, and his pass protection, while not horrible, could use work.  All in all, I someone that can be a highly productive back that will surprise some people when he out-produces some of those first-rounders.

4th round, 29th (134th) - Jermaine Eluemunor, G/T

Pro-bowl Guard T.J. Lang walked this off-season opening a big ol' hole at the starting RG position with no clear replacement.  Don Barclay might be a candidate, and maybe last year's draft picks Jason Spriggs (2nd round) and Kyle Murphy (6th round; also taken by me in the mock draft).  Spriggs built like a prototypical tackle, and is expected to be the top backup at both Tackle positions, so I wouldn't really expect him to be in contention.  And Murphy is also built more like a Tackle, but he may be able to pull it off.  Anyways, this is where the Brit comes in.  At 6'4" 334 pounds, he's already perfectly sized to play Guard in the NFL, and his 34 reps shows he's also already got the strength without needing to redshirt for a season to hit the gym.  I think he's got it in him to be a day-one starter, but if he does get beaten out, he has the versatility to backup at Tackle as well as Guard, so if either of the aforementioned Tackle prospects would win the Guard spot over them, he'd be able to slide in and provide depth there.

5th round, 29th (172nd) - Jon Toth, C/G

Aside from T.J. Lang's departure, the Packers also lost Center 1b J.C. Tretter in the offseason.  I'm perfectly happy with Corey Linsley going in as the starter, but he's had some injury troubles the past couple years.  With Tretter here, it was a seemless transition between the two of them where one would get hurt as the other would get healthy, but without Tretter, I feel less comfortable at the prospect of Linsley missing time.  I saw Toth as the last solid C prospect on the board, and when jerkface McEpoch decided to, once again, steal a player one pick before me (Vince Beigel), I decided to pull the trigger on Toth.  I think he's a guy who'd also be capable of competing at the aforementioned RG position, but I'm primarily picking him to be an insurance policy at Center.  Could stand to put on a few pounds of muscle, and needs a little work on his blocking at the second level, but overall I like him.

6th round, 28th (211th) - Deionta Davis, OLB/DE (Elephant)

Already mentioned the Packers lost a couple pass rushers in the offseason.  Julius Peppers and Datone Jones.  Both are bigger than the traditional 3-4 OLB and fill the so-called 'Elephant' role, which is a hybrid between an edge rusher and an interior lineman.  I like Keionta Davis as an elephant and think 6th round is pretty good value for him.  With 30 reps, he's got the strength to play on the line, and a 4.71 40 time shows his athleticism.

7th round, 29th (247th) - Samson Ebukam, DE/OLB/ILB

He had a monster pro-day showing CB speed at 4.45 on the 40, DL/LB strength with 24 reps, WR leaping ability at 39", and fantastic power with a 10'10" broad jump.  He's a guy that most draft pundits will probably talk about his pass-rushing skills, but I think he's a guy that shows versatility to play around.  He's been known to line up on either end with hand in-the-dirt, on the outside as an OLB in coverage, and inside as an ILB shooting the A-gap.  He's got a non-stop motor and gives it everything he's got on every play.  The knock on him as an edge-rusher, I think, is his 240 pound frame.  Could certainly stand to put on a good 15 pounds at the next level as an edge-rusher.  But with his athleticism, maybe he has what it takes to be more of an ILB.  Heck, with that speed, I wonder if he could drop a few pounds and play Safety.  For a late seventh round pick, I'm happy to take an athlete like him and see where Dom Capers finds a place for him.

What years did we do these, btw?

I know we did one WAYYYYY back in 2012, and then I recall ones for 2015, 2016, and this year, but I forget if we did it other years.

IIRC, we did one in 2012 and then either we didn't do one for '13 and '14 or I missed them.

I thought it might be fun to look at the old ones and see how we did.  I remember a few guys I've picked over the years but tough to keep track for too long.

21 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

'15/'16 are the only two in this version. And the only other ones I've personally participated in. 

2015's vintage is sadly no longer in the archives for some reason which is frustrating as all heck. :( .

There's a link to last years in the second post on the first page. 

Hail. 

It's a shame we lost the 2015 draft. I need to start doing my write up's on word and save them I guess. 

29 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

'15/'16 are the only two in this version. And the only other ones I've personally participated in. 

2015's vintage is sadly no longer in the archives for some reason which is frustrating as all heck. :( .

Hail. 

Can you go into your own activity history and find it? Each person could find their own that way. I did not participate the first year so I can't check.

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail. 

2 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Oh nooooo.

I only vaguely remember who I took.  TJ Clemmings and Preston Smith, and I *think* Ty Sambrailo.  After that...pfft, can not remember.

If 2016's is still around, we gotta save it for posterity.

If you know what team you had, I still have my excel file that I used to create my board and track the draft. So I have every teams' draft picks still saved from 2015.

7 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Always played with the Jags.

Remembering Brandon Scherff in the 1st, PJ Williams in the 2nd, Tevin Coleman in the 3rd in 2015, then I'm not sure...Probably a C in the 4th. And a Punter in the 6th, or was it last year??

Are you sure you took a punter or are you getting confused with the previous Jaguars GM who took one in 2014 now QB you clowns?

Hail. 

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Always played with the Jags.

Remembering Brandon Scherff in the 1st, PJ Williams in the 2nd, Tevin Coleman in the 3rd in 2015, then I'm not sure...Probably a C in the 4th. And a Punter in the 6th, or was it last year??

Brand Scherff

PJ Williams

Tevin Coleman

Andy Gallik

Bobby Richardson

Jake Ryan

Shane Carden

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Are you sure you took a punter or are you getting confused with the previous Jaguars GM who took one in 2014 now QB you clowns?

Hail. 

Yup, pretty sure I took a punter last year in the 5th or 6th. And even that 350lbs TE from I don't know where, just because it was cool to do it :)

4 hours ago, ZRagone said:

Brand Scherff

PJ Williams

Tevin Coleman

Andy Gallik

Bobby Richardson

Jake Ryan

Shane Carden

Remembered about Bobby Richardson (think he went undrafted). Had a nice steal in Jake Ryan. And thanks for Andy Gallik, completly forgot him...

Archived