Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

It is the duty of everyone to read this account of the origin and spread of the false narrative of the murder of Seth Rich by journalist Michael Isikov. I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread. 

Exclusive: The true origins of the Seth Rich conspiracy theory. A Yahoo News investigation.

by Michael Isikoff

Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News

WASHINGTON — In the summer of 2016, Russian intelligence agents secretly planted a fake report claiming that Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich was gunned down by a squad of assassins working for Hillary Clinton, giving rise to a notorious conspiracy theory that captivated conservative activists and was later promoted from inside President Trump’s White House, a Yahoo News investigation has found.

Russia’s foreign intelligence service, known as the SVR, first circulated a phony “bulletin” — disguised to read as a real intelligence report —about the alleged murder of the former DNC staffer on July 13, 2016, according to the U.S. federal prosecutor who was in charge of the Rich case. That was just three days after Rich, 27, was killed in what police believed was a botched robbery while walking home to his group house in the Bloomingdale neighborhood of Washington, D.C., about 30 blocks north of the Capitol.

Full article: https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-the-true-origins-of-the-seth-rich-conspiracy-a-yahoo-news-investigation-100000831.html

This false narrative gained significant traction during the run-up to the 2016 election, and its purpose was to divert attention away from Russian interference in the U.S. election. It also recounts all those who perpetrated this lie, including Russian-government owned media RT and Sputnik, Sean Hannity and others at Fox News, Alex Jones and infowars, Steve Bannon, Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow,  Julian Assange, Roger Stone, and Trump himself.

___

This week it was reported that the Vindicator, Youngstown Ohio's award-winning daily newspaper, would be shutting down at the end of the summer.  For 150 years, the paper served as a watchdog for local business and politics in the  Youngstown area.  Soon there will be no one covering a city with a long, dark history of corruption.

Journalism often takes a beating.  Today it is undergoing a major assault by Trump and his cronies.  And it is coping with a changing electronic world and how it fits it. But aggressive journalism is key to holding people in power accountable.  As it fades, what fills the void?

Barr is like McConnell, he keeps that thin veneer of professionalism on top of utterly norm destroying activity.

And the media is too stupid to call him on it.

The fourth estate has been utterly useless in stopping this creeping authoritarianism.

• Sad 2

I haven't even read the board at all for a couple months. I won't say what all I've been up to as I continue to adjust to being almost totally retired since I want any concerned agencies to do their own homework.  Regrettably,  I am still acutely aware of all that is up in trumplandia and remain active within the restrictions of the law---which mean most of my preferred solutions are off the table.

Any thing going on here that I should know about besides TK wanting to do a thanos snap? :P

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Oh good, you’re back! Some of our new posters (and a few vets), I was hoping you could tell me if they had a clinical name for what’s wrong with them.

well, it's not a clinical term per my bailiwick, but there are those  here who may suffer from deportation...but only to the stadium...i wouldn't tell them to go back to where they came from because i don't know if there's a worse ****hole to send them to than a redskins fan forum where you can only talk about redskins football

being mostly "retired" now, i findi compassion and tolerance are anchors i can finally cast off, and given what i know of human biology/evolution/history/cognition/behavior/development at this point, i accept being a misanthrope as the smartest and most ethical choice :P

i have been been enjoying the outdoors, isolation, and being off the grid a lot more these days (have yet to ever own a smartphone), but i still think there are some pretty nifty and cool humans among the much larger contingent of flotsam and jetsam :D