Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Manafort offered to give Russian billionaire ‘private briefings’ on 2016 campaign

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/manafort-offered-to-give-russian-billionaire-private-briefings-on-2016-campaign/2017/09/20/399bba1a-9d48-11e7-8ea1-ed975285475e_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.fc3ef4214a6a

Relax. It's totally innocent. Just real estate talk and debts. Nothing shady because they danced around names and used initials. Certainly, nothing to do with a campaign. 

Less than two weeks before Donald Trump accepted the Republican presidential nomination, his campaign chairman offered to provide briefings on the race to a Russian billionaire closely aligned with the Kremlin, according to people familiar with the discussions.

Paul Manafort made the offer in an email to an overseas intermediary, asking that a message be sent to Oleg Deripaska, an aluminum magnate with whom Manafort had done business in the past, these people said.

"If he needs private briefings we can accommodate," Manafort wrote in the July 7, 2016, email, portions of which were read to The Washington Post along with other Manafort correspondence from that time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'm not expecting these crooks to ever go down over this 

I do.  Mueller is using the "pucker" factor right now on our boy Manafort.  I'm betting he's got enough stuff on him already to put him and his hair piece away for the rest of his days.  

Mueller threatened to indict.  Just giving Manafort time to come clean.  And I think he will.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'm not expecting these crooks to ever go down over this 

I think Manafort is screwed regardless. Either cooperate and have to look over your shoulder for the rest of your life. Try to beat the case with a pardon and get hit with a case in New York.

• Like 1

This is merely an isolated incident misconstrued and manipulated by the left wing media to manufacture a conspiracy because they know Donald Trump can make America great and they don't want that. They want America to suck like it did for the last 8 years.

A series of isolated incidents. Several hundred incidents... but they're all isolated!!

Bunch of Captain Planet watching, Dukakis kissing gays. The lot of you.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I still fail to understand why you are so passive on this. You constantly holler about enforcing laws on the books. You who are insistent that the GOP is the law & order party. And yet, you act as if you don't care.

Has Mueller recommended charges?

I could even get behind a good lynching if you insist....though that kinda leaves that law and order thing behind.