Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Democratic Congressman Adam Schiff raised concerns on Wednesday that Russians may have laundered money through the Trump Organization, saying that the House Intelligence Committee has begun investigating the possibility.

Speaking to MSNBC, Schiff, who chairs the committee and represents California, answered questions about the next steps for those investigating President Donald Trump’s alleged ties to Russia. The representative argued that even if special counsel Robert Mueller’s final report does not reveal crimes that could lead to Trump’s impeachment, Congress could find other potentially damning details about the president and his businesses.

“If there’s insufficient evidence in the Mueller report and we’re not able to produce sufficient evidence in our own investigation, that ends the inquiry,” Schiff explained, Mediaite reported. “There may be grounds for removal from office or there may be grounds for indictment after he leaves office that the Congress discovers.”

https://www.newsweek.com/russians-laundered-money-trump-organization-1362120?utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Well, like... duh?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, clietas said:

That's one hell of a motivator tho.

No kidding. Would be a good idea for a gym, call it Viktor’s. You come in all wishy washy saying you “just want to look around” but try leaving without a membership... when that laser sight shows up on your neck, you’ll start to get serious about your commitment to better health.

Skipping leg day? Not when two goons shove your ass into a car, rough you up in a back room for 20 minutes, then drag you into the gym and drop your sorry carcass at a squat rack.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

As we get close to the end of this mueller investigation,  I want to propose a hypothetical question to many of you that have been following this closely.

I am genuinely curious as to how people will respond because this has been front page news with major implications going on two years, and people are very emotionally involved.

Mueller was appointed special council to investigate trump russia collusion.   He has been granted immense power to investigate these crimes, not even beholden to the recused AG.  He has been given  ample time, 2 years and counting.  He has spent millions of dollars, used vast resources, and indicted people for crimes that would not have even happened, had he not been investigating. 

During the Muller investigation, we have had the words trump, russia, collusion, repeated thousands of times by almost every major news outlet.   Most of them seemingly confident that trump was guilty in some way of these crimes.

Yet with all this, So far, nobody has been indicted or convicted for colluding with the russians. 

If this trend continues and the mueller report comes out, and is shown in full, and  there is no evidence of trump colluding with russia, what effect will it have?

Before you assume that I am just trying to poke the hornets nest, this hypothetical scenario is a distinct possibility.

Already there has been a noticable change in many of the narratives, from trump russia collusion, to investigating trump for other crimes,  and many big names have hinted that the report might not have the evidence that many have been waiting for.  

Would any of you change your mind?  Would you hold anyone accountable?   Would you just move on to the next investigation?    

This is a follow up hypothetical question, and please try and be honest.  

If you knew for a 100 percent fact that there was no collusion between trump and russia but you also knew that the crime could be pinned on him without any problems,  and that this would get him impeached, would you still want them to do it?

If the answer is yes,  and maybe this does not need an answer, but what else could be justified, and how far could it go?

Edited by CurseReversed
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CurseReversed said:

If you knew for a 100 percent fact that there was no collusion between trump and russia

I already know for a 100 percent fact that there was

A week before Trump accepted the nomination, the biggest event of his campaign so far, the top three members of his campaign cleared room on their schedule so that the three of them could meet with a representative of the Russian government, for the specific purpose of negotiating what it would take to get the Russian government to help them with the election. 

Within hours after this meeting, Donald Trump personally announced that he was going to be getting lots of juicy dirt about Hillary Clinton. 

A week later, the Republican Party platform was modified, at the request of the Trump campaign, to remove calling for a response to an ongoing Russian military invasion. 

Two weeks later, emails stolen by the Russian government were released. 

This is collusion, and it's a quid pro quo, negotiated and delivered on. 

- - - 

And you wanna know the next part?  "Collusion" isn't the only crime here. It was simply the place the GOP moved the goalposts to, when their first five lies fell apart. 

Whats illegal is (I'm typing from memory, so this may not be exact) is receiving anything of value from anyone outside the US. No coordination of any kind is required. 

(Me, I think that law is too broad. I think in reality, it needs to exclude the purchase of any item at fair market value. Buying a Toyota at list price is not receiving an illegal contribution from a foreign government). 

Edited by Larry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

As we get close to the end of this mueller investigation,  I want to propose a hypothetical question to many of you that have been following this closely.

I am genuinely curious as to how people will respond because this has been front page news with major implications going on two years, and people are very emotionally involved.

Mueller was appointed special council to investigate trump russia collusion.   He has been granted immense power to investigate these crimes, not even beholden to the recused AG.  He has been given  ample time, 2 years and counting.  He has spent millions of dollars, used vast resources, and indicted people for crimes that would not have even happened, had he not been investigating. 

During the Muller investigation, we have had the words trump, russia, collusion, repeated thousands of times by almost every major news outlet.   Most of them seemingly confident that trump was guilty in some way of these crimes.

Yet with all this, So far, nobody has been indicted or convicted for colluding with the russians. 

If this trend continues and the mueller report comes out, and is shown in full, and  there is no evidence of trump colluding with russia, what effect will it have?

Before you assume that I am just trying to poke the hornets nest, this hypothetical scenario is a distinct possibility.

Already there has been a noticable change in many of the narratives, from trump russia collusion, to investigating trump for other crimes,  and many big names have hinted that the report might not have the evidence that many have been waiting for.  

Would any of you change your mind?  Would you hold anyone accountable?   Would you just move on to the next investigation?    

If you knew for a 100 percent fact that there was no collusion between trump and russia but you also knew that the crime could be pinned on him without any problems,  and that this would get him impeached, would you still want them to do it?

If the answer is yes,  and maybe this does not need an answer, but what else could be justified, and how far could it go?

Have you considered the idea that the reason we haven't heard the particulars of the collusion case and the lack of "collusion" indictments is because it is an on-going investigation run in an exceptionally professional way as evidenced by the lack of leaks? What do you think Flynn gave Muelller in his plea deal? Gates? What did Manafort lie about (that Mueller knew he was lying about)? Why is Graham blocking legislation to make the report public? Why dows Trump feel the need to hypnotize his base with "NO COLLUSION!!" and "WITCH HUNT!!"? Why all the lies about Russian contacts?

Yeah, I'll be shocked if Mueller comes back with nothing on collusion, but the crimes people are being convicted of are real crimes. Clinton was investigated about a real estate deal, i don't hear a lot of remorse that he ended up getting in trouble for lying about philandering.

Mueller was appointed special council to investigate trump russia collusion

And obstruction of justice, and any crimes that he finds while investigating. You missed that and it’s a big distinction. He was literally asked to investigate ANY crime that he finds. Any crime. I don’t want to think you missed that intentionally

Most of them saying that Trump had to know what it’s already proven his top people knew, yes. You really think he had no idea what Manafort, his son, that crazy dude with the Nixon tattoo and others were doing? 

No one has been indicted for collusion. Of course they haven’t been convicted. They haven’t talked about it in public, yet. You seem to want to assume that means nothing happened. Why? 

If if there is no evidence of collusion than the president and everyone involved is innocent. But we already know that’s not the case. 

What at big names have indicted anything about the report that doesn’t exist yet? Name them and tell me what they said. Also, I noticed you missed all the Senate dems that have said there is much evidence that there was collusion. I don’t want to think you missed that intentionally

Would any of you change your mind? 

No

Would you hold anyone accountable?  

I would hold Republicans and Democrats accountable, yes. As well as the Trump admin. 

Would you just move on to the next investigation?

I personally wouldnt move on from this one. 

I feel like impeachment without a direct indisputable cause is politically a loser. So I would avoid that. 

Your post was dumb. 

• Like 1

Do a tad bit of research on trumps known ties to the Russian mob and you will have many of your questions answered.

• Like 1

Why is it that the only person who keeps saying that Trump is under investigation is Trump?

Why are Trump and the GOP so keen on stifling / discrediting an investigation into Russia’s attacks on us during the 2016 election?

Mueller was appointed special council to investigate trump russia collusion.

No, he wasn’t. No matter how many times Donnie says it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Have you considered the idea that the reason we haven't heard the particulars of the collusion case and the lack of "collusion" indictments is because it is an on-going investigation run in an exceptionally professional way as evidenced by the lack of leaks? What do you think Flynn gave Muelller in his plea deal? Gates? What did Manafort lie about (that Mueller knew he was lying about)? Why is Graham blocking legislation to make the report public? Why dows Trump feel the need to hypnotize his base with "NO COLLUSION!!" and "WITCH HUNT!!"? Why all the lies about Russian contacts?

Yeah, I'll be shocked if Mueller comes back with nothing on collusion, but the crimes people are being convicted of are real crimes. Clinton was investigated about a real estate deal, i don't hear a lot of remorse that he ended up getting in trouble for lying about philandering.

Everything  I Said is still true.   Notice  I did not claim that trump was innocent.  I could and might argue the finer points of that but as far as my hypothetical goes, its irrelevant at this point.  Mueller is either going to be able to charge someone for the crime he was tasked to investigate or he isnt.

So far nobody else has been charged with this crime either. 

MY question is about the possibility that he isnt, and nobody else is either. 

I appreciate the answer that you would be shocked but was hoping for some more elaboration.

Edited by CurseReversed

If there is no charge I would be surprised but i would not feel bad for suspecting Trump et al of tcollusion due to the already documented lies about Russian contacts, the altering of the Republican platform, and the lies about the Trump Tower meeting. There is plenty of reason to suspect him of it, there is a lot of circumstantial evidence. If he;'s innocent he's innocent. I disliked him before he ever ran based on his character, and I feel he has been a horrible person as President, so I won't be like, oh I was totally wrong about him if he is cleared of collusion. Still a rotten person, and even his supporters for the most part know that, and many acknowledge it. It's jus he's their rotten person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Llevron said:

And obstruction of justice, and any crimes that he finds while investigating. You missed that and it’s a big distinction. He was literally asked to investigate ANY crime that he finds. Any crime. I don’t want to think you missed that intentionally     

(what you said is literally impossible.  you cannot be asked to investigate any crime that you find while you investigate.  You investigate a specific crime and  if you see other crimes you investigate those.   He was specifically appointed to investigate trump russia collusion, not to find crimes to investigate.  and as far as that task goes, as of yet he has found none.  obstruction of justice is not collusion.  nobody has been charged with any crime that he was originally mandated to investigate.... yet. )  

Most of them saying that Trump had to know what it’s already proven his top people knew, yes. You really think he had no idea what Manafort, his son, that crazy dude with the Nixon tattoo and others were doing?

(what were they doing?  again nobody has been charged with collusion)

No one has been indicted for collusion. Of course they haven’t been convicted. They haven’t talked about it in public, yet. You seem to want to assume that means nothing happened. Why?

(I did not assume that trump was innocent.  I asked a hypothetical question everything I said was accurate.  I have my own opinions but that was not the purpose of the post)

If if there is no evidence of collusion than the president and everyone involved is innocent. But we already know that’s not the case.

(  THat is what I am trying to ask you   if the report comes and there are no indictments for collusion, then you will be willing to declare them  innocent?)

What at big names have indicted anything about the report that doesn’t exist yet? Name them and tell me what they said. Also, I noticed you missed all the Senate dems that have said there is much evidence that there was collusion. I don’t want to think you missed that intentionally.  

(pelosi and schiff in the past two days spoke about the possibility that there is not evidence. but that is irrelevant anyways.  the answer will come from mueller.)

No

I would hold Republicans and Democrats accountable, yes. As well as the Trump admin.

(ok at least that is an honest answer, thanks)

I personally wouldnt move on from this one. 

I feel like impeachment without a direct indisputable cause is politically a loser. So I would avoid that. 

Your post was dumb.

(ouch,  but so was yours 😛)

Edited by CurseReversed

48 minutes ago, Skintime said:

Do a tad bit of research on trumps known ties to the Russian mob and you will have many of your questions answered.

Not even close.   That only answers the question of whether you think he is guilty.  What will happen if nobody is charged with collusion?  WIll you just assume hes guilty anyway?  Honestly im curious reread the hypothetical.