Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

WaPo: Trump is ignoring the worst attack on America since 9/11

Imagine if, after 9/11, the president had said that the World Trade Center and Pentagon could have been attacked by “China” or “lots of other people.” Imagine if he had dismissed claims of al-Qaeda’s responsibility as a “hoax” and said that he “really” believed Osama bin Laden’s denials. Imagine if he saw the attack primarily as a political embarrassment to be minimized rather than as a national security threat to be combated. Imagine if he threatened to fire the investigators trying to find out what happened.

Imagine, moreover, if the president refused to appoint a commission to study how to safeguard America. Imagine if, as a result, we did not harden ****pit doors. If we did not create a Transportation Security Administration and a Department of Homeland Security. If we did not lower barriers between law enforcement and intelligence. If we did not pass a USA Patriot Act to enhance surveillance. And if we did not take myriad other steps to prevent another 9/11.

That’s roughly where we stand after the second-worst foreign attack on America in the past two decades. The Russian subversion of the 2016 election did not, to be sure, kill nearly 3,000 people. But its longer-term impact may be even more corrosive by undermining faith in our democracy.

• Thanks 1

I think that we need to investigate all the Russia lovers in our Government, starting with the Congress.  Think about it, where is the house where you can have the biggest influence if not the House with automatic term limits of every two years. The House is rife with Russia lovers, starting with the misnomered Freedom Caucus. There are numerous ultra-right totalitarian representatives. 

I am dead serious. Trump really going after the FBI, why not so much the CIA? Is it because Pompeo?  

What better way to take down our country than from the inside.

• Sad 1

Funny thing is now Trump is asking why Obama didn’t do anything about Russian meddling, and yet Trump’s people got snagged communicating with Russian agents BECAUSE of what Obama was doing. It also interesting that Tump says this because it was McConnell forced Obama to remain quiet on it.

Donald is a desperate man, and I look forward to watching as his Administration is dismantled.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Funny thing is now Trump is asking why Obama didn’t do anything about Russian meddling, and yet Trump’s people got snagged communicating with Russian agents BECAUSE of what Obama was doing. It also interesting that Tump says this because it was McConnell forced Obama to remain quiet on it.

Donald is a desperate man, and I look forward to watching as his Administration is dismantled.

My favorite part is his more....uh, dotarded (?).....supporters still saying it was all a ruse and nothing happened at all but Trump confirming it did, after a year of saying it didnt. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Llevron said:

My favorite part is his more....uh, dotarded (?).....supporters still saying it was all a ruse and nothing happened at all but Trump confirming it did, after a year of saying it didnt. 

Yeah he seems to now have shifted from calling the entire meddling thing a hoax and refusing to admit that it even happened to somewhat admitting that it happened but blaming Obama for not doing enough to stop it. So the guy who is doing literally nothing to stop our country and democracy from being attacked again is blaming Obama because he didn't do enough when he found out about it (which I generally agree with but at least Obama did some stuff). I mean ****, Trump won't even implement the sanctions that were MANDATED and passed by an enormous majority in the House and Senate. let alone do anything on his own. At this point all I can guess is that the pee tape is real and Trump has seen it and Russia has threatened to release it if we impose sanctions or piss them off. 

Oh, and way to keep it classy on Presidents Day by attacking your predecessor, Donald.

• Like 1

Federal law enforcement officials have identified more than $40 million in “suspicious” financial transactions to and from companies controlled by President Donald Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort — a much larger sum than was cited in his October indictment on money laundering charges.

The vast web of transactions was unraveled mainly in 2014 and 2015, during an FBI operation to fight international kleptocracy that ultimately fizzled. The story of that failed effort — and its resurrection by Special Counsel Robert Mueller as he investigated whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to interfere with the 2016 election — has never been fully told.

11 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

He's been tougher on Russian furniture but that's about it.

Yeah, this is where he goes from maybe having half a point about how Obama should have done more, though that only really became apparent after the fact, to lying to puff himself up, and doing so in an obvious and silly fashion.  He's now refocused the spotlight on himself, and as almost all of us fully understand, it will make him look rather bad.