Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

5 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Just saw a text screen during the PBS pre game show. (Going from memory, might be off a bit). 

22% of Americans approve of Putin on the world stage. 53% of Russians approve of Trump on the world stage. 

13 hours ago, Burgold said:

If I get this right, the big accusation of the Nunes memo is that the FBI asked for permission to watch & listen in on a person who was known to have been interacting with Russian operatives for years. That's their bombshell?

No. What Nunes had that stunned look about was that we're all surveilled. He found out how deeply. 

• Haha 1

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

Nah just your oh so typical unwaivering questioning of ANYTHING that makes your Pumpkin King look guilty of numerous federal laws.

the standard is look now?

no wonder ta'll are so excited.:blink:

The veil is torn, the Rs don't even try to hide or deny their motives. This is the arrogance, the unlimited hubris of the corrupt, so completely amoral and self-serving that they don't care if you see, if you take issue with it, they have convinced themselves that their plan is working, that it is perfect, with the same gloating condescension we've seen from every supervillian in very comic book ever.

I am amused when some here take umbrage at my words, so tearfully, pearl clutchingly upset at even the suggestion that these traitorous dogs will need to be run down and dealt with, that they have some God-given unassailable right to align themselves in treason with scum who sold their souls cheaply and long ago. I am equally amused when some here poo-poo the idea, dismissing it as mere internet hyperbole, "passion of the moment" or just loose talk.

As you see, I am amused on a regular basis these days.

I say it yet again, history demands, and when you refuse to learn history demands yet again and takes payment in blood. Too often it is the blood of innocents but IMO the innocents down through the years are far fewer in number than most might claim. The blood of innocents is exactly why those that are not, those that see and understand, those can act are obliged to. Sitting and watching as innocent blood is spilled while doing nothing is tacit acceptance of it, complicity in it.

We teeter on the brink, we shift our feet on the crumbling edge of disaster and yet we refuse to see, we throw ourselves deeper into distraction because of the very human impulse to cringe, to draw back from looking to closely at horror.

Society, humanity even, is a veneer, a thin layer over the millenia old savage at the heart of us all. Denial of it serves no honest end other than to shrink from the truth of it, but every day we are being led closer to that savagery, blood in the streets, open warfare in our neighborhoods, the destruction of our lives and our nation as so much we hold dear is thrown into the flames.

• Like 1

For the past few days Republicans have been saying "Chris Wray saw the memo and hasn't said anything about it being inaccurate or wanting it to be stopped so obviously there is no problem" 

I would love to be a host on CNN just to throw that sound bite in their faces. 

While I am still frustrated with Wray for forcing out McCabe and allowing rumors to swirl, him not providing cover for the silly Nunes memo is nice.

It's insane that they're releasing it.  If that memo is even remotely used as justification to go after Rosenstein or Mueller, it will absolutely be obstruction and everyone in Nunes' office is screwed.

17 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

It's insane that they're releasing it.  If that memo is even remotely used as justification to go after Rosenstein or Mueller, it will absolutely be obstruction and everyone in Nunes' office is screwed.

How are they screwed if no one is willing to enforce any of the consequences?

• Sad 1