Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, Switchgear said:

It's trolling to ask Trump voters to say they disapprove the job he's doing as President if he shoots someone? No matter how much you like someone, no matter how good a job you think they're doing, murder moves the needle to 'not doing a good job', right? Am I taking crazy pills?

Here's the actual question:

"If Donald Trump shot someone on 5th Avenue, would you approve or disapprove of the job he’s doing as President?"

If they really wanted to know if people would care if Trump shot someone on 5th Avenue, the question should have been worded something like:

"Would it change your opinion of President Trump if he shot someone on 5th Avenue"? 

The way it's worded is intentionally written to elicit bigger numbers of people that supposedly don't care, for a number of reasons, mostly because the two parts of the question aren't really connected. They're two separate thoughts... This leads to various problems:

1. As a teacher, I can tell you that many people don't read or listen to an entire question. They just answer the part they happen to catch, usually the last bit. I guarantee a lot of the favorables came from people that were only heard/read the "approve of the job he's doing as President?"

2. Some people probably separated the action from the job as president, like "well, he should be impeached for murder, but I like the job otherwise".

It's a weird question. How else do you think that 26% of Trump voters were "unsure"? What sense does that make? How are only 90% of Clinton voters on disapprove? 10% aren't sure if Trump committing murder would make them approve of him or not? 17% of voters for the Libertarian candidate would approve? They're THAT anti-government?

Come on.

• Like 5

I really hope y'all caught Jake Tapper talking to "Mooch" this morning, the play of expressions on his face spoke volumes (ie. contempt, disgust, incredulity, etc.)

I swear I have seen "Mooch" on Law n Order defending mobsters against Jack McCoy................. he's right out of central casting

• Like 4

Yeah, as alluded to in Visionary's post above it seems pretty obvious that Putin convinced Trump that if Russia hacked the DNC our intelligence agencies would have no way of knowing. Unreal. And I do wonder what middle America thinks about Trump having a Wall Street douchebag as communications director.

I just watched some of the Mooch's introductory presser. I have no idea why people were saying nice things. Yeah, he's smooth and charismatic. He's a shameless shill though. The expressions of fealty were seemingly endless... "Trump is the smartest. Trump is the best athlete. Trump is the most savvy. The world turns to Trump. I love him (about 30 times)."

I'm paraphrasing some of this but I'm not making it up. This is stuff he actually said. Whether you're getting fooled by Spicer & Trump or you're getting fooled by Mooch, you're still a damn fool.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 2

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I just watched some of the Mooch's introductory presser. I have no idea why people were saying nice things. Yeah, he's smooth and charismatic. He's a shameless shill though. The expressions of fealty were seemingly endless... "Trump is the smartest. Trump is the best athlete. Trump is the most savvy. The world turns to Trump. I love him (about 30 times)."

I'm paraphrasing some of this but I'm not making it up. This is stuff he actually said.

"And kill the Malaysian Prime Minister!"

#relax

• Like 2

I heard KellyAnne this morning spinning a whole new narrative on talk shows.

Her new pitch is that voting machines and ballots weren't tampered with so who cares? 

Interesting evolution from the days of "we had no contact with Russians".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bang said:

So no voter fraud then. 

cool!

~Bang

You know, to me, this is the most damaging things that the republicans can do to our country.  They, through several methods, have tried to question the legitimacy of our own domestic elections.  Elections that a large segment of the voting base does not believe are without failure will ultimately undermine our democracy.  

Safe, accurate and inclusive elections are mandatory for our country to continue to succeed.  I think the republican strategy to undermine our own elections is a much bigger problem than we realize.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Yeah, as alluded to in Visionary's post above it seems pretty obvious that Putin convinced Trump that if Russia hacked the DNC our intelligence agencies would have no way of knowing. Unreal. And I do wonder what middle America thinks about Trump having a Wall Street douchebag as communications director.

Only a fool like Trump would believe Putin over his own intelligence community. He must have looked into Putin's eyes and saw his soul.

It's pretty amazing that less than half of the voters truly elected the Manchurian candidate. We have a Russian agent sitting in the Oval Office and still only 1:8 of his voters say they would have changed their vote.

But yeah, we're just sour about the election results. You Trump voters were thought to be fools...and they bet right.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 1

Will not be under oath....are you ****ing kidding.

Trump et al indeed do have the biggest balls in DC. The rest of these spineless whelps are truly Trump's ****es.

When Jr and Manafort lie to Congress Trump et al and their mouth breathing voters will scream "yeah but he wasn't under oath!"

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 2