Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Trump intends to announce his Supreme Court pick on Feb. 2

visionary

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

LOL, did you read the entire article??? The guy admits in the last couple of sentences that the individual mandate came from the Heritage foundation. Of course he intentionally fails to expand on the fact that this was talked about by the GOP in 1993. Good try though. 

Why did the Dems go nuclear? Please explain why you think they did and what caused them to do so. 

Yes I read the entire article sounds like you may have a reading comprehension problem recommend you reread it.

Why do I and just about everyone else (left, right and center) know  the Democrats went nuclear? It is because it was widely reported as such when they  eliminated the filibuster for presidential appointments and non supreme court nominees (How did you miss that)?

Just now, twa said:

has not filling a spot been ruled unconstitutional?

I'm assuming you are talking about voter preference. :evil:

Nope.  In fact, the constitution specifically grants Congress the power to decide that lame duck Presidents cannot appoint Supreme Court justices.  

In Article V.  

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

Yes I read the entire article sounds like you may have a reading comprehension problem recommend you reread it.

Why do I and just about everyone else (left, right and center) know  the Democrats went nuclear? It is because it was widely reported as such when they  eliminated the filibuster for presidential appointments and non supreme court nominees (How did you miss that)?

LOL 

Why in the case of the Dems did they feel the need to go nuclear to fill those seats? Was the GOP doing anything wrong?

1 hour ago, twa said:

Stealing is it?

Taking a position Dem leaders endorsed before and the electorate preferring another party in power is stealing?

You could say the voters stole it when the GOP offered them the option. :silly:....but is is not stealing to take what is yours by right,

I understand losing sucks.

You are so completely full of it to defend your side. Sad. Period. 

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Once again just games from you. You pretend to be objective and against Trump...yet never a legitimate criticism from you about the GOP. 

I like games, they enable discourse and interaction.:)

I am fairly objective about most everything, and while Trump was not who I prefer ,objectively he was and is so far preferable to the options.

I criticize the GOP and work to change it...just not much here since it is pointless.

3 hours ago, twa said:

I understand losing sucks.

Scoreboard doesn't look very good for either of us right now.

1 hour ago, twa said:

I am fairly objective about most everything, and while Trump was not who I prefer ,objectively he was and is so far preferable to the options.

:-) Oh man!! You made a slight concession sandwhich in between in two slices of bull**** bread right there :rofl89:

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

LOL 

Why in the case of the Dems did they feel the need to go nuclear to fill those seats? Was the GOP doing anything wrong?

Because the GOP was actively working to prohibit as much from happening during the Obama administration (didn't seem to matter what it was.)

Yes, if you think their job is to improve the government even when they're the minority party, not grid lock it.

I find the Democrats motive of revenge not to be any better.

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Scoreboard doesn't look very good for either of us right now.

I'm kinda happy, though worried as usual.

Scoring personally is preferable....but at least my conference won.

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

Because the GOP was actively working to prohibit as much from happening during the Obama administration (didn't seem to matter what it was.)

Yes, if you think their job is to improve the government even when they're the minority party, not grid lock it.

I find the Democrats motive of revenge not to be any better.

I know why they did it. I laugh at people pretending the Dems did it just for fun or as if it wasn't in response to excessive abuse in blocking judicial nominations. As if the GOP have cleans hands 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

I know why they did it. I laugh at people pretending the Dems did it just for fun or as if it wasn't in response to excessive abuse in blocking judicial nominations. As if the GOP have cleans hands 

I laugh at the notion that anyone in DC has clean hands.  Not enough soap in the world.

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Right, I was just pointing out that the argument here is rather simple.

I don't think you have to believe the gop has clean hands to criticize the democrats. Or to understand that they opened up the procedure for doing this. I'm not going to say the 'why' doesn't matter, just that it's irrelevant to the point that they opened it up and expanding it to scotus is a formality at this point.

Edit: sorry got posters mixed up lol

46 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You think Republicanism won in this election?

I see states rights and local control becoming fashionable....and a fear of federal govt excess.

If fiscal conservatism comes next I might get wood.

Yes or no. Has the nuclear option ever been used to fill a SCOTUS seat? Will the GOP think long and hard about the ramifications of using that option, should the Dems filibuster? 

That was my argument. Not lower court nominations. Not SCOTUS noms that were actually voted on and voted down 42-58 like Bork was.

5 minutes ago, twa said:

I see states rights and local control becoming fashionable....and a fear of federal govt excess.

I guess if that's what you want to see, you can only look at the issues that fit into that box. Neither side really cares about either of those things. It's all bull****. Conservatives will trounce all over states rights and dems will whip out that card just as quick if it fits in with their policy agenda.

I notice you didn't mention Estrada :)

No the nuclear option hasn't been used on SCOTUS nominations ...........yet.

I'm sure they will weigh the ramifications before using it far more than the Dems did.

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It's all bull****.

I disagree, but I like things shaken rather than stirred.

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yes or no. Has the nuclear option ever been used to fill a SCOTUS seat? Will the GOP think long and hard about the ramifications of using that option, should the Dems filibuster? 

No and no.  

They think they've got some spin where, if they yell "The Democrats did this", people will choose not to blame the Party which actually, unanimously, voted to do it.  

Several posters are actively trying to sell it, in this very thread.  

And I have to admit, based on the phrase "President Trump", they might be right.  That they can successfully convince a slim majority of the country to swallow that load.  

9 hours ago, Hersh said:

Who has suggested that?

I was more just sharing my opinion of politicians in general.  And though no one has said the Lefts hands are clean, it seems the standard practice on this forum is anytime the Left is called out for something to make sure it's pointed out the Right did something worse.  It's cute how some people seem to think either side actually give a crap about the people.

Archived