Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Trump intends to announce his Supreme Court pick on Feb. 2

visionary

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

. . . it seems the standard practice on this forum is anytime the Left is called out for something to make sure it's pointed out the Right did something worse.  It's cute how some people seem to think either side actually give a crap about the people.

Perhaps if there were a case where the Dems did something bad, and it wasn't true that the Rs had done something much worse?  

I'll wait. :)

TGB, I saw it and yes, I agree but honestly, who in the hell was seriously expecting politicians to make their lives better? IMO that's a pretty solid definition of a fool.

I am all for the Dems kicking and screaming and holding their breath til they turn blue to shove a stick into Trump's spokes if it slows down the federal government from actually accomplishing things to make our lives worse.

At this point it feels like the lesser of all evils.

11 minutes ago, Larry said:

Perhaps if there were a case where the Dems did something bad, and it wasn't true that the Rs had done something much worse?  

what was worse than Estrada? 

8 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You think Republicanism won in this election?

Ugg, definitely not. Although there are some silver linings (Supreme Court), I've found the best way to approach what has happened is to be glad that the Democrats lost instead of focusing on Trump winning.

30 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

TGB, I saw it and yes, I agree but honestly, who in the hell was seriously expecting politicians to make their lives better? IMO that's a pretty solid definition of a fool.

I am all for the Dems kicking and screaming and holding their breath til they turn blue to shove a stick into Trump's spokes if it slows down the federal government from actually accomplishing things to make our lives worse.

At this point it feels like the lesser of all evils.

Well I didn't say make their lives better, I said give a crap about the people.  But I guess how you define make it better.  Implementing rules you agree with?  Loosening rules you don't?  For example, changing rules about military being allowed to have guns on base would make my life better.  Or just the more basic taking care of roads and dealing with education.  That would make people's lives better.  So I depends on how you are defining it.

24 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I've found the best way to approach what has happened is to be glad that the Democrats lost instead of focusing on Trump winning.

It's hard to decipher tone over the internet so please know this isn't snark. I'm actually trying to engage you here when I say this...

That's silly. Think about it.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

it seems the standard practice on this forum is anytime the Left is called out for something to make sure it's pointed out the Right did something worse.

It's true that the dems do this sometimes BUT the GOP does it more & worse.

That's supposed to be a joke (Not one of my best. It's early.) but there is a certain percentage of people on both sides who do this and it's almost always stupid. Heck, it's practically a reflex action of our President. Hillary started the birther movement. Hillary is a bigot. Yes I said something I shouldn't have but Bill has said way worse to me on the golf course. Also, here, look at these women who have accused him of sexual impropriety that I'm trotting out as props at a presidential debate.

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Otherwise he might be running around gibbering like some others.

Making the best of a bad situation is sometimes the option..

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It's hard to decipher tone over the internet so please know this isn't snark. I'm actually trying to engage you here when I say this...

Not really I think of Trump being an acute problem and the Democrats as a chronic problem.   As I said I don't think Trump is good for the United States but I don't think the Dems are either.  And there are silver linings with Trump that I wouldn't get with the Democrats. I also think political correctness has taken a crippling hit from Trump's election (But that Jack Ass and some of his worst supporters are more than capable of undoing that benefit). 

Just now, twa said:

What is a preferable option for him?

Assuming that, like most of us on here, his political activity is limited to posting on a message board, social media, & talking with friends I would say to be more like some of the common sense republicans we have on here (tshile, greatbuzz, etc) who believe in Republican values & recognize that this ain't it.

8 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It's true that the dems do this sometimes BUT the GOP does it more & worse.

That's supposed to be a joke (Not one of my best. It's early.) but there is a certain percentage of people on both sides who do this and it's almost always stupid. Heck, it's practically a reflex action of our President. Hillary started the birther movement. Hillary is a bigot. Yes I said something I shouldn't have but Bill has said way worse to me on the golf course. Also, here, look at these women who have accused him of sexual impropriety that I'm trotting out as props at a presidential debate.

You see that is where you get wrong. It is not that the GOP does it more and is worse it just an ongoing escalation. Prior to 2008 the GOP could say the Dems did this more and worse, Prior to 2000 the Dems can say the GOP did it more and worse, prior to 1992 and so on and so. I have no doubt the Dems are going to the best of their ability try to now exceed anything the GOP opposition did.

10 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Not really I think of Trump being an acute problem and the Democrats as a chronic problem.

Yes really. That's a mindset that has gotten what used to be your Republican Party to where it is today. Look around man. Seriously. The dems have a **** ton of problems but the GoP has been acting absolutely idiotic... reprehensibly for the last 8 years. It's being proven out right in front of your eyes.

Now it's ok to say, "Hey, most dems are good people & good citizens but I happen to believe that Republican values & ideals are better in the long term for our country." That's totally cool. Problem is, that while dems lost in this last election cycle, I'm not convinced that Republican Party wasn't permanently destroyed.. replaced by something much worse and masked with a letter "R" that seems to be enough for most of it's membership.

5 minutes ago, nonniey said:

You see that is where you get wrong. It is not that the GOP does it more and is worse it just an ongoing escalation. Prior to 2008 the GOP could say the Dems did this more and worse, Prior to 2000 the Dems can say the GOP did it more and worse, prior to 1992 and so on and so.

I said I was kidding.

5 minutes ago, twa said:

I thought tshile was a Dem?

Soon enough...

100ca04952fd21794af82a7d594d035a.jpg

23 minutes ago, twa said:

I thought tshile was a Dem?

Seems to depend on with whom I am arguing.

Which I'm ok with.

I did vote for mccaullife and wanted to vote for Obama in 2012 which means I'm exiled from the Republicans as far as they're concerned.

I refused to vote for/like clinton so I think im in the dems' doghouse too

I'm wandering the political landscape, often aimlessly.

Also, just to be clear, I don't know what republican values are anymore. I know what I was told they were, a long time ago, and I like them, but I haven seem them practiced lately.

Kind of like Christian values...

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Yes really. That's a mindset that has gotten what used to be your Republican Party to where it is today. Look around man. Seriously. The dems have a **** ton of problems but the GoP has been acting absolutely idiotic... reprehensibly for the last 8 years.

8 years? They've been acting this way and worse since Clinton and it's not just when they are the opposition party. The Republicans were absolutely dreadful even when they were in charge under W too. Look what they did to the debt. Look what they did to our banks. Look what they did to employment, education, international standing. The GOP is horrible when they don't have the White House, but they are even worse when they have it.

It's not been eight years. The Republicans have been irresponsible __________ for twenty plus years. More, they keep electing people that they claim are not "Real Republicans" 

That probably tells you all you need to know.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well I didn't say make their lives better, I said give a crap about the people.  But I guess how you define make it better.  Implementing rules you agree with?  Loosening rules you don't?  For example, changing rules about military being allowed to have guns on base would make my life better.  Or just the more basic taking care of roads and dealing with education.  That would make people's lives better.  So I depends on how you are defining it.

Ok, not going to argue choice of words.

"Giving a crap about people", right? People as in the general populace, the regular everyday rank and file of people you are, you know, you see and interact with? That "people"? Good enough? No, I don't accept that politicians have any legitimate heartfelt concern about people in general.

Open carry on base? Sure, why the hell not, if the active military cannot be trusted to handle firearms responsibly then no one can IMO.

Dealing with education? Oh HELL yeah, a huge issue way overdue for attention, but no one is going to actually do anything unless and until it serves their political ambitions, and their interest will only last as long as it does. That to me show the insincerity of the whole bunch and calls into question the vast majority of what they might say.

Roads, dams, infrastructure? Again, long overdue but when you get "into the weeds' as they say, you read the fine print and come to the realization that there is no real concern for fixing anything, it is another bait-n-switch that will benefit a few at the expense of most.

I am more and more being dragged to the point of believing that the whole damned thing is so broken that it might not be fixable, and I don't have any idea what to do about that but there is one thing that I can see, that I do know, Trump ain't the answer to any of it.

Leaders lead, but ultimately it is the foot soldiers that do the heavy lifting, the sweating and even yes, the dying. That applies in the military but it applies in everyday life as well, it will always be the "people" that have to do the work, whether they garner any of the benefits or not. It'd be nice if someone actually said something sincere on their behalf, even a genuine eulogy at their graveside, but my hopes ebbs and I don't even see that happening. Use it for a photo op? In a heartbeat. Really give a ****? Nope, send someone to do it for them, someone like....well, you, right?

6 hours ago, Larry said:

Oh I don't know actually going nuclear on the Dems part versus only threats on the Republicans part. 

5 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Ok, not going to argue choice of words.

"Giving a crap about people", right? People as in the general populace, the regular everyday rank and file of people you are, you know, you see and interact with? That "people"? Good enough? No, I don't accept that politicians have any legitimate heartfelt concern about people in general.

Open carry on base? Sure, why the hell not, if the active military cannot be trusted to handle firearms responsibly then no one can IMO.

Dealing with education? Oh HELL yeah, a huge issue way overdue for attention, but no one is going to actually do anything unless and until it serves their political ambitions, and their interest will only last as long as it does. That to me show the insincerity of the whole bunch and calls into question the vast majority of what they might say.

Roads, dams, infrastructure? Again, long overdue but when you get "into the weeds' as they say, you read the fine print and come to the realization that there is no real concern for fixing anything, it is another bait-n-switch that will benefit a few at the expense of most.

I am more and more being dragged to the point of believing that the whole damned thing is so broken that it might not be fixable, and I don't have any idea what to do about that but there is one thing that I can see, that I do know, Trump ain't the answer to any of it.

Leaders lead, but ultimately it is the foot soldiers that do the heavy lifting, the sweating and even yes, the dying. That applies in the military but it applies in everyday life as well, it will always be the "people" that have to do the work, whether they garner any of the benefits or not. It'd be nice if someone actually said something sincere on their behalf, even a genuine eulogy at their graveside, but my hopes ebbs and I don't even see that happening. Use it for a photo op? In a heartbeat. Really give a ****? Nope, send someone to do it for them, someone like....well, you, right?

Soooooo........we agree?

Archived