Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Trump intends to announce his Supreme Court pick on Feb. 2

visionary

The will of our people is strong. You have a mouth breathing idiot in the WH accompanied by his racist, Leninist old fart, and they're both trying to do illegal and incredibly anti-American bull****. The silver lining is the way people have responded to this. What have we seen the past few weeks? Millions of women marching for their rights. Countless thousands peacefully protesting outside airports, in the cities and around the WH. Lawyers and Judges watching this and (correctly) ruling it's illegality. More than half the country hates the scumbags in the WH, and the vast majority of people are standing up for what they believe in and protesting (99% of it has been peaceful, and I certainly don't condone any violence or looting.) Outside of the nutters that want to secede from the union and whatnot (never go full Texas), this has been something to behold.

I'm proud to see so many standing up for core American values.

23 minutes ago, tshile said:

"he started it" and working out of revenge is a dangerous game.

i'm not saying you're wrong for being angry, or that at least on some level you're right about the GOP deserving it.

it's just a dangerous game and i'm not so sure it leads to a good place for us as a whole.

You mean my Estrada/Bork obsession is unhealthy? 

They're never gonna filibuster the SC nominee.  Not with the amount of Dems in red states up for re-election in red states.

Watching Spicer now.  His tone is so condescending and childish.  Now he's saying the Dems need to be held accountable for obstructing the government nominees/appointees.  Pretty shameless, considering the obstruction of the past 8 years.  Especially never giving Garland a vote.  

This is why I can't get on board with the 'we can't do that just because they did it' idea.  I'd love for everyone to play by the rules, but that's viewing things in a vacuum.  I've watched while they gerrymandered my home state of NC to the point it is no longer recognizable.  They passed the most shameless voter suppression law in recent memory, which barely made the national media and nobody remembers anymore.  They basically asked for a study to understand the voting habits of minorities, and then they enacted rules against each and every finding.  It's all public record for **** sake.

They do all of these things out in the open, right in front of our faces.  They put a Nazi at the table of the National Security Counsel.  They put a bigot up for Attorney General.  

Captain EO is gonna wreck this ship.  Little doubt in my mind.

5 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

We have a white nationalist in Bannon running the country.

Is that healthy?

Nothing this White House wants should be allowed. No judges at any level should be approved. No cabinet posts filled. No budget passed.

I would say the Left should be careful with this mentality.  There are many who finally admit they have been abandoned by the Right and looking for a new home.  Playing a game like this just shows us that you aren't really any better than the Right and you won't draw us in.  We don't want kid games like this. 

2 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

They're never gonna filibuster the SC nominee.  Not with the amount of Dems in red states up for re-election in red states.

That does present a problem doesn't it.

Maybe with proper messaging  .......:)

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Is that anything like Catch 22?  

Lol

its a rule that when invoked states that a Senator cannot speak more than once a day.   A Senate day is not necessarily a 24 hour "day".   It was used (if my memory is served) to close debate about policy issues long ago.  It basically makes the opposition ACTUALLY filibuster.  

I didn't think it could be applied to confirmations. 

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I would say the Left should be careful with this mentality.  There are many who finally admit they have been abandoned by the Right and looking for a new home.  Playing a game like this just shows us that you aren't really any better than the Right and you won't draw us in.  We don't want kid games like this. 

Is "We are not White Nationalists!" a good argument?

What exactly do you want? How can we compromise with Bannon to prove our seriousness?

No Muslims, but Asians are ok? Deportations of children over 6 but those under 5 can stay?

I think I fundamentally don't understand "independent" voters.

You know, I hate white nationalism....but all this partisan bickering is really upsetting.

8 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

What exactly do you want? How can we compromise with Bannon to prove our seriousness?

No Muslims, but Asians are ok? Deportations of children over 6 but those under 5 can stay?

9 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

You know, I hate white nationalism....but all this partisan bickering is really upsetting.

They've just elected the most  partisan and divisive person they could ever dream up and you're complaining about the bickering?

i'm sorry but the GOP sold us out and they will never get my respect, nor will I endorse reaxhing actoss the isle because they have proven to be untrustwothy negotiators. They cannot be dealt with in good faith.

11 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I think I fundamentally don't understand "independent" voters.

I get you are upset but hopefully the Left does that take this attitude.  It isn't exactly welcoming.  Believe it or not, many of us aren't white nationalists so you already have is there.  But to advocate shutting down and not approving anything because you aren't happy with the other side is exactly one else of the things go that drove us to leave the right to begin with.  We are looking to join the adults in the room.we looked to the Right and didn't see it.  Don't make us see the same when we look Left.

7 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

They've just elected the most  partisan and divisive person they could ever dream up and you're complaining about the bickering?

i'm sorry but the GOP sold us out and they will never get my respect, nor will I endorse reaxhing actoss the isle because they have proven to be untrustwothy negotiators. They cannot be dealt with in good faith.

I think you misunderstood. I think LKB is saying that people who claim to be independents are making the comments like "You know, I hate white nationalism....but all this partisan bickering is really upsetting."

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I get you are upset but hopefully the Left does that take this attitude.  It isn't exactly welcoming.  Believe it or not, many of us aren't white nationalists so you already have is there.  But to advocate shutting down and not approving anything because you aren't happy with the other side is exactly one else of the things go that drove us to leave the right to begin with.  We are looking to join the adults in the room.we looked to the Right and didn't see it.  Don't make us see the same when we look Left.

Truly..if your choice is between white nationalists on the right and juvenile acting Dems on the left...then I don't know what to tell you if you choose to support the right. 

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I think you misunderstood. I think LKB is saying that people who claim to be independents are making the comments like "You know, I hate white nationalism....but all this partisan bickering is really upsetting."

Truly..if your choice is between white nationalists on the right and juvenile acting Dems on the left...then I don't know what to tell you if you choose to support the right. 

Not saying we will choose the right.  But we can start going 3rd party of just sitting out.  I hate to break it to you but.....you need us.  And I was more responding to him suggesting NO judge appointments, NO budgets, etc.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Not saying we will choose the right.  But we can start going 3rd party of just sitting out.  I hate to break it to you but.....you need us.  

Debatable (long term) - agreed (short term).

However, the continued browning of America and the boomer generation slowly dieing out might show otherwise in 10-20 years. Will Gen X and millenials give up social progessive stances and rediscover religion? Doubtful. The real question is will the GOP give up the moral majority portion of it's platform to appeal to these less white and less socially conservative generations?

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Not saying we will choose the right.  But we can start going 3rd party of just sitting out.  I hate to break it to you but.....you need us.  And I was more responding to him suggesting NO judge appointments, NO budgets, etc.

Pointing out that saying "there's no way I could support a political party who said 'no budgets'" seems kinda insincere, after the last eight years. 

But yeah, I certainly can understand the notion that, to lure voters, the rival party has to appear better than the one the voter has been with. 

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Saying, "hate to break it to you but.....you need us". Is partisan bickering. You're forcing the Dems to come to you or else...or else what you're gonna throw a tantrum vote for third party again? Tell me how well that worked last time. Oh wait, you'll have four years (at least) to survey the damage.

So you tell me, why in the hell should ANYONE work with the GOP to help them acheive their goals? They've already proven to be liars and cheats and you want to live under this illusion that they can/will negotiate in good faith. That friend, is a laughable ask.

They need to be resisted at every turn. They have manipulated, lied, cheated, and disenfranchized to gain power and you want to negotiate with them only to be stunned when they stab you in the back. 

Sorry, but I'll wait for the GOP electorate to leave the fold when they've finally had enough of that evil den of thieves. 

7 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Debatable (long term) - agreed (short term).

However, the continued browning of America and the boomer generation slowly dieing out might show otherwise in 10-20 years. Will Gen X and millenials give up social progessive stances and rediscover religion? Doubtful. The real question is will the GOP give up the moral majority portion of it's platform to appeal to these less white and less socially conservative generations?

In order to make it to the long term, you have to survive the short term.  I wouldn't exactly call that a guarantee right now.

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

Pointing out that saying "there's no way I could support a political party who said 'no budgets'" seems kinda insincere, after the last eight years. 

But yeah, I certainly can understand the notion that, to lure voters, the rival party has to appear better than the one the voter has been with. 

Exactly.  For the record, I was furious when Cruz pulled that crap with the budget and about Obama's SC nomination.  If they had voted him down, fine.  But should have at least considered.

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Saying, "hate to break it to you but.....you need us". Is partisan bickering. You're forcing the Dems to come to you or else...or else what you're gonna throw a tantrum vote for third party again? Tell me how well that worked last time. Oh wait, you'll have four years (at least) to survey the damage.

So you tell me, why in the hell should ANYONE work with the GOP to help them acheive their goals? They've already proven to be liars and cheats and you want to live under this illusion that they can/will negotiate in good faith. That friend, is a laughable ask.

They need to be resisted at every turn. They have manipulated, lied, cheated, and disenfranchized to gain power and you want to negotiate with them only to be stunned when they stab you in the back. 

Sorry, but I'll wait for the GOP electorate to leave the fold when they've finally had enough of that evil den of thieves. 

Or you can go that route.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Exactly.  For the record, I was furious when Cruz pulled that crap with the budget and about Obama's SC nomination.  If they had voted him down, fine.  But should have at least considered.

But when the R's did it, you didn't announce that you can't possibly vote for that, and go third party.  You voted for them, anyway.  

Apparently, for you, that sort of behavior totally disqualifies a party, only if they're Democrat.  

Just now, Larry said:

But when the R's did it, you didn't announce that you can't possibly vote for that, and go third party.  You voted for them, anyway.  

Apparently, for you, that sort of behavior totally disqualifies a party, only if they're Democrat.  

Hmmmm.....maybe I can explain it this way.

It's like having an abusive spouse.  You get angry and want to leave but something holds you there.  After years and years you finally get the strength and leave.  You don't then just go straight for the next abusive spouse you can find (hopefully anyways).  

I called my representatives numerous times when I didn't like things.  I guess they didn't listen.  I'll be damned if, now that I am single, I'll just let my next party do the same thing from a different end of the spectrum.

Make sense?

10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

It's like having an abusive spouse.  You get angry and want to leave but something holds you there.  After years and years you finally get the strength and leave.  You don't then just go straight for the next abusive spouse you can find (hopefully anyways).  

I called my representatives numerous times when I didn't like things.  I guess they didn't listen.  I'll be damned if, now that I am single, I'll just let my next party do the same thing from a different end of the spectrum.

Make sense?

Fine...but you're still with your first abusive spouse. You've just enabled the one who is trying to hire a hitman to kill you. 

Make no mistake, one spouse is fighting YOU, and the other is fighting your former spouse.

12 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Make sense?

Actually, the explanation that would make more sense from me, would be:  

Well, with the R's, I disagreed with X, but I agreed with A and B.  

There's no way I'm going to switch to a Party that also does X, but who also doesn't do A and B.  If I'm going to switch to a Party that doesn't do A and B, then they're going to have to not do X.  

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Fine...but you're still with your first abusive spouse. You've just enabled the one who is trying to hire a hitman to kill you. 

Make no mistake, one spouse is fighting YOU, and the other is fighting your former spouse.

Well while we are using this analogy (and please remeber when I say "you" I mean the left in general and "me" means now former Republicans) I guess it's the tone that is bothersome.  You don't go to the victim and tell them how bad they are for staying so long, how much they screwed up, etc and then telling me that I must go get with that other person who is acting violent but it's okay because you assure me that person is doing for me.

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Actually, the explanation that would make more sense from me, would be:  

Well, with the R's, I disagreed with X, but I agreed with A and B.  

There's no way I'm going to switch to a Party that also does X, but who also doesn't do A and B.  If I'm going to switch to a Party that doesn't do A and B, then they're going to have to not do X.  

Yea that works also.

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well while we are using this analogy (and please remeber when I say "you" I mean the left in general and "me" means now former Republicans) I guess it's the tone that is bothersome.  You don't go to the victim and tell them how bad they are for staying so long, how much they screwed up, etc and then telling me that I must go get with that other person who is acting violent but it's okay because you assure me that person is doing for me.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Archived