Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

Forget who tweeted it, but said Treinen shook to that 3-2 slider to Bohr. Some cojones there. A walk brings the tying run to the plate. Instead he retires a damn good hitter. Maybe it was that confidence that garnered the fist pump after the swing and miss. 

2 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

The first half of the lineup is going to MASSACRE teams this year. Eaton is going to cry hitting ahead of Bryce and Murphy.

Man if Bryce is truly back, and Murph continues to do Murph things, cover little Timmy's eyes. It will be X rated nastiness

Remember how bad Treinen was in 2015? I was terrified everytime he stepped on the mound. Good coaching/managing makes a difference.

But Treinen might be another example of why you shouldn't spend big on relievers. Its such a volatile position and there are always guys every year that come out of nowhere and be great.

1 hour ago, just654 said:

Nats park was electric today!! Lind with the curtain call. He had never had one before, didn't know what to do.

you think so.  I thought it was pretty dead after the 3 straight Ks in the first until the harper and lind bombs. 

2 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

you think so.  I thought it was pretty dead after the 3 straight Ks in the first until the harper and lind bombs. 

Nothing like playoff baseball, but for an Openging Day, I thought so. The crowd was in it when it matter.

Was reading in the Express today on the way to the Game at 7 AM about how Treinen struggled and went to the minors and got his stuff worked out.. So far in his debut he has done a good job. 

As for the Park it was quite rowdy and I was very happy to see other people there just milling around at 9 AM. I tell you there not a lot of things to do there when you go 2 hours before the gates open. But once they did it was great, they made a few adjustments to Nats Park. Only problem today was the crowds. Everywhere in the concourse. I was out in the concourse 2nd inning to 4th inning and had no idea what was going on because I kept standing in line and the TV's weren't working so you had no clue what was going on. That's my only complaint about today. OTherwise it was good game and yes when Lind homered (even when Bryce homered) that place went Nuts. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Remember how bad Treinen was in 2015? I was terrified everytime he stepped on the mound. Good coaching/managing makes a difference.

But Treinen might be another example of why you shouldn't spend big on relievers. Its such a volatile position and there are always guys every year that come out of nowhere and be great.

It was bad,  but everyone was bad. Wonder how much of this us due to the Dusty effect

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Maddux as pitching coach has made a difference. I won't say "he fixed" this guy or that guy..... But look at Roark. Guys who want to get better have that opportunity with him. 

I think Maddux was key in turning Blake around, or maybe it was Williams getting canned. He is a completely different pitcher.

http://www.federalbaseball.com/2017/4/3/15168540/nationals-closer-blake-treinen-earns-save-4-2-win-opening-day-win-over-marlins

“That’s why you play those guys so much in Spring Training,” Dusty Baker told reporters after what ended up a 4-2 Opening Day win, referring to his bench players.

“Early in the year like this, usually those are the guys who are going to win the games for you. We’re not too far removed from Spring Training where they’re still kind of sharp and that was a big hit by Jeremy — I mean by Adam Lind, I keep calling him Jeremy, thinking basketball, but that was big for us, especially when we left those runners out there [early] and even at the end of the game.

7 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I think Maddux was key in turning Blake around, or maybe it was Williams getting canned. He is a completely different pitcher.

Not to harp on it anymore. But McCatty I believe was an issue. One of the Nats blogs said a few years ago that he didn't do much coaching. A lot of hanging out and saying "let him work through it". So...... Seems plausible now. Too bad he wasn't replaced much earlier. Think about the guys who could have used Maddux. Storen, Fister, Detwiler. 

48 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Not to harp on it anymore. But McCatty I believe was an issue. One of the Nats blogs said a few years ago that he didn't do much coaching. A lot of hanging out and saying "let him work through it". So...... Seems plausible now. Too bad he wasn't replaced much earlier. Think about the guys who could have used Maddux. Storen, Fister, Detwiler. 

I don't doubt it. There was such a change in mentality under Maddux.

#LOLMets

Archived