Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Still just early April. Stadiums don't tend to fill up until summer when kids are out of school and weather is a lot better. I was watching Cubs/Cards the other night and there were LOTS of empty seats in St. Louis.

True true

Welp. Through 2 games, Bryce is getting rbis again, our new catcher could be an even better hitter than our last, and our new closer is undefeated :)

4 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

not getting mad about a weak single up the middle or a bloop hit

as long as he ain't walking people, Blake got the goods

This right here, some BABIP bull****. If he keeps his walks down, he'll make Rizzo look so, so smart

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

So two games in and Eaton is looking like the perfect fit 2 hole hitter. Is it too early for me to go back and start replying to and laughing at all the people that trashed the trade just like I said I would?

Yes, because knowing your luck, he'll slide awkwardly tomorrow and rip his knee ro shreds

9 hours ago, mammajamma said:

Why is there nobody at the first night game of the season? Kind of embarressing on tv

Because schools are still in session. 22K isn't bad this time of year. O's had just 16K, as a comparison.

Bartolo Colon's return to Citi Field last night garnered 28K. 

All of those numbers would be much higher in June.

I was thinking earlier... Nats are going to have some serious payroll off the books after this year with Gio and Werth, and they've got two guys in the minors that very well may be ready to step up into those slots by opening day (Fedde and Robles). That's about a $20m less in payroll after you factor in arbitration. Anyone else due for FA this year that we'll want to re-sign? But anyway, my point was we very well may have the payroll flexibility to make a serious push to extend Bryce if Boras and the Lerners are willing to play ball. 

Archived