Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lions & Packers Conspire to Tie

xavmit

3 minutes ago, xavmit said:

This could be something just between head coaches to minimize leaks.  Why wouldn't it be desirable for this Sunday night game to NOT end in a tie?  How hard would it be to make this go off?  Thoughts?

Home field playoff advantage? 

In and NFL game it's impossible to play out a tie without taking a knee every snap for 75 minutes. That's not going to happen

That said, if it gets to overtime I will be more than a little anxious. 

Just now, DM72 said:

Now we're inventing ways to be miserable. Some of you must really like suffering. 

Why would the lions agree to a tie when GB owns the tiebreaker?

So Lions can at least be in the playoffs, and vice versa for the Packers.  The loser is out / Redskins in only if game does NOT end in tie.

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

You think the Redskins and Eagles would conspire to tie in a situation like this?

I think the point is, how can you conspire to tie? This is not soccer, pulling off a 0-0 is easy in that sport. This would be a massive conspiracy and the league would take them to the cleaners, including draft picks. If it goes to OT though start worrying for some very conservative play calling. 

1 minute ago, Suffolk_Skins said:

I think the point is, how can you conspire to tie? This is not soccer, pulling off a 0-0 is easy in that sport. This would be a massive conspiracy and the league would take them to the cleaners, including draft picks. If it goes to OT though start worrying for some very conservative play calling. 

If they did something like that, draft picks would be the least of their problems.

20 minutes ago, xavmit said:

This could be something just between head coaches to minimize leaks.  Why wouldn't it be desirable for this Sunday night game to NOT end in a tie?  How hard would it be to make this go off?  Thoughts?

So no source and a misleading, and thus far patently false/sensationalized, thread title?  Really man?

45 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

So no source and a misleading, and thus far patently false/sensationalized, thread title?  Really man?

What source?  There wouldn't be any source for something like this.  However, as I mentioned earlier Tom Garrett had a post on this

and it is also on his twitter @TheAxisOfEgo 

Bottom line, the only way both teams get into the playoffs is with a tie.  GB wins the division and Lions are WC.

I hate this sort of conspiracy **** talk.  I really do.  I mean you do realize every single player on both teams would have to be complicit and for what purpose? Nah.  Most of the guys in this league have too much pride and just want to win.   The whole, oh let's screw the Skins. No.   If I am Aaron Rodgers I want to see the Skins in the playoffs envisioning myself kicking their ass for the 40 burger they laid on my team which compelled me to say right after:  "we have a good chance to run the table."  So the arrogant prick will probably "run the table" get into the playoffs and I am sure hopes to see the Skins at Lambeau field.

I think this goes a lot deeper than you realize. Let's consider the agents in play and map them. First we've got Detroit and Green Bay. They are colluding, in this to keep us out. But to think it's only those two is insane. This whole thing is league wide, and includes even certain agents in our own house! Now of course, John Mara is in on this, but even though they're keeping the leaks tight, my lack of sources points to Dustin Hopkins being the agent. So let's look at that map now:

Spoiler

30xFuOa.jpg

Notice the triangle that forms when we draw straight lines between Green Bay, Dustin Hopkins' secret base in Washington, and John Mara's lair. You'll notice on the lower line that Detroit and Cleveland fall perfectly in line. RG3 is in Cleveland, and has been acting as a go between using his contacts in Washington, and passing on the information to Detroit. But that's not all....

Also notice that when we form another triangle with it's base set between Detroit and Cleveland, it points towards Hamilton. This can only mean one thing: The information is handed off by RG3 at Hamilton musicals:

Spoiler

KrMod1B.jpg

Last but not least, we must take notice of the placing between London and Hamilton. We tied a game in a city named London, in no small part due to Dustin Hopkins' scheming. When we form one last triangle, with it's base set between London and Hamilton, it points directly to......

Spoiler

4Rtjx5U.jpg

Pittsburgh. "How can Pittsburgh possibly be related to this?" you ask. Look no further than Tampa Bay's past staff.

Spoiler

20100926_steele_500.jpg

Mike Tomlin, a famed member of the Bucco Bums, the most feared society in American sports. And there you have it, people. Let it not be lost on you that three triangles have been used to find the bottom of this conspiracy. The three triangles represent three sides of a triangle, proving that Mike Tomlin, Bruce Allen, and Jay Gruden are indeed parts of the Illuminati.

Thank you, xavmit, for bringing this conspiracy to light.

In seriousness, why would Detroit conspire to end in a tie when they lose the division in that scenario?  GB would probably be all for it, if they guarentee a tie, they win the division. (Not that they would do it, just that a win or tie helps them the same)

But Detroit, you've got to be crazy.  They're going to play like hell to win to win the division. 

Archived