Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lions & Packers Conspire to Tie

xavmit

1 hour ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

This is among other reasons (rivals, pride, gamesmanship) are exactly why this conspiracy is silly. 

Home game in the playoffs is huge. Not to mention that would mean soo many players would be on board with the idea of throwing the game into a tie...Even then you would have to trust the other team to do that same. Get outta here

You might have that around backwards. If the game ends in a tie, the packers would win the division and get a home game, not the lions. Only ONE team would be on board with the game ending in a tie. 

11 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Wouldnt it be the equivalent of us and the cowboys agreeing to tie? And us letting the cowboys take home field advantage into the playoffs. Nah bro. I dont see it happening. 

Well, probably more like us and the Eagles. I think the Packers most bitter rivalry in that division is the Bears. The Packers and the Lions are more like Redskins and Eagles. :) 

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You might have that around backwards. If the game ends in a tie, the packers would win the division and get a home game, not the lions. Only ONE team would be on board with the game ending in a tie. 

No I don't have it around backwards and you are only adding to why this conspiracy is stupid. But so there is no confusion to my original post.

point a. Packers gain home field with win or tie. Lions gain home field with win. Both teams want to win this game due to the fact that a home field game in playoffs is huge.

point b. Both teams being on board. In order for said conspiracy to have merit. These two teams would need to work together to have final end in a tie. This requires trust between two teams with history and rivalry. 

Here's the thing though, there is a scenario out there for Detroit and not GB where if Detroit wins, and Seattle loses to SF Detroit gets the 2 seed and the bye week. While collusion is out there, people will hype that scenario and any idea that GB and Det would entertain it. I'm sure GB and Det fans are like, "well you guys might not have to play out your entire game vs NY since they'll probably rest their starters. Why can't we entertain a similar scenario?"

Just now, Playaction2Sanders said:

Here's the thing though, there is a scenario out there for Detroit and not GB where if Detroit wins, and Seattle loses to SF Detroit gets the 2 seed and the bye week. While collusion is out there, people will hype that scenario and any idea that GB and Det would entertain it. I'm sure GB and Det fans are like, "well you guys might not have to play out your entire game vs NY since they'll probably rest their starters. Why can't we entertain a similar scenario?"

Wouldn't the Falcons also have to lose for that to work?

11 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

No I don't have it around backwards and you are only adding to why this conspiracy is stupid. But so there is no confusion to my original post.

point a. Packers gain home field with win or tie. Lions gain home field with win. Both teams want to win this game due to the fact that a home field game in playoffs is huge.

point b. Both teams being on board. In order for said conspiracy to have merit. These two teams would need to work together to have final end in a tie. This requires trust between two teams with history and rivalry. 

Ahhhh sorry I understand your post completely now. Misunderstood what you were trying to say at first, but we are definitely on the same page, I agree the conspiracy is COMPLETELY stupid. Was not trying to add to any conspiracy. My apologies...

The only thing Detroit conspires to do is fall flat on their faces.  Have you seen how poorly they've played in these pressure-packed late season games?

(I'm thrilled that we weren't relying on those fools to actually Win on Monday Night)  

Case in point: in a probable Winner-take-all matchup against Green Bay, the sorry-ass Lions are a 3&1/2 point home dog!

That's NO RESPECT.

33 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

If there weren't enough reasons to laugh at this nonsense, can anyone really imagine Rodgers letting his legacy take the hit that would come from him laying down in a game like this?

That would be like Farve taking strahans last sack to break a record.

7 hours ago, xavmit said:

This could be something just between head coaches to minimize leaks.  Why wouldn't it be desirable for this Sunday night game to NOT end in a tie?  How hard would it be to make this go off?  Thoughts?

Do you really think Martha Ford is going to give up the extra income from a home playoff game to tie with the Packers? Lets not forget the monetary implications of winning the division for the winner of this game. And we still havent won our game yet anyways.

• TK locked this topic

Archived