Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This makes me sick to say, but go Cowboys!

kgor93

Monday night's game of the Cowboys vs the Lions determines this team's relative fate.

What's set in stone:

-We need to win next week to have a chance to get into the playoffs.

-New York has nothing to play for next week other than pride, as they are locked into the 5th seed.

If Detroit beats Dallas on Monday, they MUST also beat Green Bay next week, otherwise we are eliminated. BUT if the Cowboys win, then next week's game becomes a play-in game with the Giants who have nothing to play for. If we win we're in.

I feel Dallas winning Monday night at home is most likely then rest their starters week 17. But If that didn't happen and Detroit did win in Dallas for whatever reason.. I could see lions beating the Packers at home for the division. A Detroit win-out is more likely than ya think is what I'm trying to say.  

Sorry but I cant root for the Cowboys knowing that this team had their destiny in their hands to control. Now they put us as fans in an unusual position to cheer for Dallas. Nah.... I'll pass. If Dallas win, i wont be upset nor happy because they're going to the playoffs anyway. Maybe if we had a defense it would give me something to be excited for but I just dont want the team to make it to the playoffs just to say they made it and get whipped in the first game like last year. Our defense is not gonna allow us to make a run even if we did get in the playoffs.

After what happened with the devastating injuries around the league today, I could see some starters getting sat or pulled early in Dallas. I don't see why they wouldn't. Nothing to gain for them. Elliot is still playing for ROTY, MVP, rookie rushing record though. It'll be interesting to see what they do. I think we're gonna be rooting for Detroit to beat GB. 

16 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

I can't think of a time that I actually forced myself to root for the Cowboys because of the playoff implications for the skins, where they actually won. 

In 1981 the Cowboys lost to the Giants in OT in the last week that gave NY the second wild card at 9-7 (Philly had the first at 10-6). If Dallas had won there would've been four 8-8 teams vying for the second wild card, including the Skins. Can't remember if the tiebreakers would've worked in our favor.

45 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

Sorry but I cant root for the Cowboys knowing that this team had their destiny in their hands to control. Now they put us as fans in an unusual position to cheer for Dallas. Nah.... I'll pass. If Dallas win, i wont be upset nor happy because they're going to the playoffs anyway. Maybe if we had a defense it would give me something to be excited for but I just dont want the team to make it to the playoffs just to say they made it and get whipped in the first game like last year. Our defense is not gonna allow us to make a run even if we did get in the playoffs.

Yeah, like no wildcard team has never caught fire in the playoffs. This is ignorance at best. 

39 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

After what happened with the devastating injuries around the league today, I could see some starters getting sat or pulled early in Dallas. I don't see why they wouldn't. Nothing to gain for them. Elliot is still playing for ROTY, MVP, rookie rushing record though. It'll be interesting to see what they do. I think we're gonna be rooting for Detroit to beat GB. 

Dallas isn't going to rest their starters this week, knowing they will have a first round bye. It wouldn't make much sense for them to do that. 

And most don't realize this, but Dallas has never finished 14-2. I could see them maybe only playing their key guys a half the following week tho. Gotta give Romo at least a half to try and shake off the rust, should he be needed down the road.

I got zero issues rooting for Dallas. This team going to the playoffs 2 years in a row would be huge fore them and as the fans.  Hell we were a freaking  chip shot kick away from being 9 and 6 going into the Giants game with the chance of having the 5th seat.  

And for for those saying "I can't root for Dallas" tell me you weren't rooting hard for NO today.  Yeah that's what I thought

4 minutes ago, VeroViper said:

I hate the Cowboys. But if our playoff hopes ride on a Cowboy victory, then by all means I'm pulling for a Cowboy victory. Then I'll be rooting my arse off for the Cowboys to get knocked out in the divisional round!

Exactly. That's the spirit!

10 minutes ago, VeroViper said:

I hate the Cowboys. But if our playoff hopes ride on a Cowboy victory, then by all means I'm pulling for a Cowboy victory. Then I'll be rooting my arse off for the Cowboys to get knocked out in the divisional round!

By us. 

All I want for Christmas is a rematch in Dallas. 

Hail. 

I could see Dallas pulling guys like Dak,Zeke or Sean Lee if it's a blowout one way or another. They do have pretty good backup at 2 of those 3 positions. I wouldn't think Dallas wouldn't want to play Dak and Zek the next 2 weeks. Just a point of how much. Guess is they play a lot Monday and a quarter or so next week. 2 young QB's did get injured Sunday with worse O-lines.

It would be the best path if Dallas won. It would throw out the WC in the North and Tampa if we took care of business next Sunday. Oh and I don't think the Giants will lay down. At least for the first half.

1 hour ago, CBass1724 said:

Yeah, like no wildcard team has never caught fire in the playoffs. This is ignorance at best. 

Thank you, CJ.  The 2007 Ginas are the best recent example of what a wild card team can accomplish; the 1997 Broncos and 1980 Oakland Raiders also won it all as wild card teams.

The goal should always be to reach the playoffs.  And it means rooting against the opponent of *that* team in Texas, then that is what we do.  It's been 24 years since this team has back to back playoff appearances ... WE; NEED; THIS.

1 hour ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Dallas isn't going to rest their starters this week, knowing they will have a first round bye. It wouldn't make much sense for them to do that. 

And most don't realize this, but Dallas has never finished 14-2. I could see them maybe only playing their key guys a half the following week tho. Gotta give Romo at least a half to try and shake off the rust, should he be needed down the road.

I was thinking about Dez Bryant more so than anyone else. He's had something up with his back for a few weeks. Good point about the bye though. I forgot to factor that in. I kind of do hope they play everyone as per normal. Like everyone else ...whatever helps us get in, I'm down with that. 

Archived