Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Good Would It Feel To Knock Dallas Off In The Playoffs

Veryoldschool

Like many have said, right now the only thing on my mind is each game one at a time to make the playoffs. 

If we got there then yes, of course. Knocking them out of the playoffs would pretty much be our super bowl unless, of course, we actually made the super bowl. Which would probably mean we would beat dallas and new York or Seattle, all three teams I absolutely despise. 

So yes, it would be satisfying. 

2 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

It would feel great to make the playoffs 2 years in a row and we have our work cut out for us to accomplish that.

Every one of our last 5 games will be extremely tough to win.

I disagree.  The only remaining game I am really nervous about is the Giants and I think we match up well against them.  There really aren't any remaining games I am scared of.  They won't all be gimmies but I don't think they will be "extremely tough to win."

Maybe I'm just too much of a homer.

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I disagree.  The only remaining game I am really nervous about is the Giants and I think we match up well against them.  There really aren't any remaining games I am scared of.  They won't all be gimmies but I don't think they will be "extremely tough to win."

I hope you're right and I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, Hogs 1991 said:

If ending Dallas season felt any better, I would need a cigarette afterwards.

n a samich

56 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Well Stephen A. Smith just said he predicts the Seahawks and Redskins will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs.  So there's that......... :kickcan:

really...did he have a stroke?

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

They played Dallas close enough in both games, where I think I'd have a better feeling about the 'Skins going to Dallas than Seattle in the 2nd round. Seahawks are experienced, stout, and play in a tough place to come out with a victory. 

Agreed. I think we've shown that we would have a shot against Dallas. If we could start quickly and get something to break our way, I think they are beatable. I'm also fine to never see the Seahawks in the playoffs ever again. 

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Well Stephen A. Smith just said he predicts the Seahawks and Redskins will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs.  So there's that......... :kickcan:

How exactly would that happen? A combined team? Dallas is so beloved by the NFL that they get a double-elimination clause? 

8 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Call it what you will.

Obviously, if they beat them to advance and won a Super Bowl - there is no greater feeling.

However, losing to them and watching them win a Super Bowl and hearing about how great they are infinitely would be absolutely awful.  Just them winning another SB is awful enough, I'd prefer not be a stepping stone to it.

Battered fanboy, 

I do believe that the Cowboys have won 3 Super Bowls & have appeared in 4 since the Redskins last won a Super Bowl.  We should be used to seeing Dallas win championships.  Just like this season getting swept by Dallas doesn't sting.  Didn't we lose a million in a row at one point to them?  Let's just realize right now that the high of winning would be much more extreme.  Too numb to the losing.  

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Historically, at least since my fandom began, unless we are a SB team, sweeping the Giants is not a good thing for a Redskins head coach.  Every one that has swept the Giants in a non-SB year has not ended his career in DC on his own terms.  OK, Allen did have some good years here and Pardee did not do it until he was on the way out.

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

How exactly would that happen? A combined team? Dallas is so beloved by the NFL that they get a double-elimination clause? 

What he meant was that he would take both Washington & Seattle right now to beat the Cowboys in the playoffs should the Cowboys run into either one of them.

9 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Use the Vike's D approach...lots of movement before snap with some creative blitzes. Just DON'T play em straight up. Gotta do something to pressure Dak and control is R/O runs...Maybe Cravens as a spy/blitzer ALLOT- hitting different gaps all over

This is awesome!  Just import and replace your entire defense with Minnesota's and this is realistic! 

10 minutes ago, THEHEREAFTER said:

This is awesome!  Just import and replace your entire defense with Minnesota's and this is realistic! 

The Vikings did what in theory every defense *should* do, however most defenses don't have the personal to bring a good pass rush AND stop the short stuff.  Minnesota had Dallas in more 2nd/3rd & Longs then I can remember them being in the entire season.

5 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

It would feel great to make the playoffs 2 years in a row and we have our work cut out for us to accomplish that.

Every one of our last 5 games will be extremely tough to win.

What? Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have one game left against a team with a winning record. 

We should be OK.

7 hours ago, DM72 said:

What? Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have one game left against a team with a winning record. 

We should be OK.

I think so, too.

I think if we won our next three games, and Tampa Bay loses this week, we would be in. By that time, every other wild card contender ( looking at their schedules ) would have at least seven losses ( except for the Giants sitting in the 5 slot ) . We would be at 9 - 4 -1, with two games to go.

We'd be in.

Archived