Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

15 minutes ago, tshile said:

Maybe there's a lesson here in not shirking your responsibilities.

I guess that lesson is, “Better watch out or we will elect an incompetent gorilla to trash everything just to show you all out of spite.“

That is the thinking of a petulant teenager.

Trump seems to not understand that our military is basically a protectionist police force that protects U.S.companies doing business globally. 

The result of his dick waving and America First rhetoric is only helping his master, Putin. To the detriment of our country. I call this high treason.

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Not to sidetrack the NATO discaaion but I found this shocking. 

Not.

Well duh. Who didn’t know this. Even the Republicans who voted for this knew it as they voted for it. 

It was just a money grab at the expense of the country. It was a “Give me mine now and screw the rest of you” from the billionaire and lobby sect. 

44 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

And again..NATO isn't some protection racket scheme for the US where we continue to collect more and more from our allies for "protection". 

Oh it is for transactional idiots who don’t get that some things aren’t about a budget line item. Some things are an end in and of themselves, but Trump sees everything as a business zero sum business deal.

10 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Trump seems to not understand that our military is basically a protectionist police force that protects U.S.companies doing business globally. 

The result of his dick waving and America First rhetoric is only helping his master, Putin. To the detriment of our country. I call this high treason.

Is anyone paying attention anymore, or are we just at the chatty cathy doll pull your own string stage?

Trump is calling out Germny for their reliance on Russian energy and the construction of a pipeline that will make the problem worse.  Im not sure the puppet and  master relationship is quite working out here.

1 minute ago, zoony said:

Is anyone paying attention anymore, or are we just at the chatty cathy doll pull your own string stage?

Trump is calling out Germny for their reliance on Russian energy and the construction of a pipeline that will make the problem worse.  Im not sure the puppet and  master relationship is quite working out here.

Shhh.  Trump bad.  

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

There are no ****ing spending requirements.  There are "goals" to achieve by 2024.  

Also hysterical your complaint that anyone is "whoring themselves to Russia" in a defense of Trump.  What the **** are you thinking?

How much is the US spending on Nato defense compared to allies?  Do you want to look it up and post it?

And yes, Germany is whoring itself to Russia.  We saw that dichotomy when Obama asked for help with Crimea.  Its an issue.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

We pay (like all other members) based on the size of our economy.

Just now, zoony said:

How much is the US spending on Nato defense compared to allies?  Do you want to look it up and post it?

And yes, Germany is whoring itself to Russia.  We saw that dichotomy when Obama asked for help with Crimea.  Its an issue.

How much larger is the US compared to allies?  Do you want to look it up and post it?

And again, NATO benefits the US as much or more than any other county.  You appear to have the same superficial view of "just show me the dollar figures so that I can easily digest it" as Trump has.  You are smarter than that.  

A lot more than other countries. What's your point? That other countries should spend more so we can relocate troops back home? To where exactly? It's not like we are in a military buildup phase either. Oh yeah, we are.

So again, what's your point? US military spending won't go down even if our NATO allies increase theirs.

42 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

And again..NATO isn't some protection racket scheme for the US where we continue to collect more and more from our allies for "protection". 

Oh for gods sakes - We don't collect anything. I'm not a fan of how Trump deals with NATO but we have been complaining for years far longer than Trump has been in office that some NATO countries have not been meeting their commitments in the expenditure area. The US, Britian, Turkey and the eastern members have been the only ones meeting these obligations.

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

And again, NATO benefits the US as much or more than any other county.  You appear to have the same superficial view of "just show me the dollar figures so that I can easily digest it" as Trump has.  You are smarter than that.  

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

So again, what's your point? US military spending won't go down even if our NATO allies increase theirs.

Well then, its a moot issue.  

Show up, shake hands, smile real big, ignore the issue.  Mkre of the same.

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Thats not true, in my opinion.  Western europe has always benefited more from nato going back to its origin, of protecting smaller members from a soviet ground war.

Its why so many states bordering russia are so anxious to join.  Like ukraine for instance

11 minutes ago, zoony said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Do you think Trump is actually bringing it up to decrease Russia's influence in Europe?

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

The chart of military spending based on GDP also fails to account for the fact that the US military covers the entire globe.  Why the **** would Luxembourg spend money to cover the Pacific Ocean?  

Yes, awesome setup.  Hemorage US taxpayer cash to protect our allies across the globe while they **** us on trade, dump in our markets, steal US IP, and close their own markets.

Lets just keep showing up to these meetings and keep shaking hands.  Because whats the point.  Right?

Thats not true, in my opinion.  Western europe has always benefited more from nato going back to its origin, of protecting smaller members from a soviet ground war.

Its why so many states bordering russia are so anxious to join.  Like ukraine for instance

They definitely get the direct benefit given their geographic proximity to Russia (the enemy).  

The US, being the world's dominant economy, gains the most benefit of global stability and relative peace.  

Just now, zoony said:

Yes, awesome setup.  Hemorage US taxpayer cash to protect our allies across the globe while they **** us on trade, dump in our markets, steal US IP, and close their own markets.

Lets just keep showing up to these meetings and keep shaking hands.  Because whats the point.  Right?

Do you believe the GOP will ever decrease military spending?

China is not part of NATO.  

Edit:  Also, I'm all in favor of decreasing defense spending.  I'm not in favor of weakening NATO.  Those two things are not mutually exclusive. 

Archived