Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

9 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

I added a link for you in my last post.  There is actually 10 examples for you

Uh, did former President Obama get involved?  Did I miss that?  Didn't President Trump intervene BEFORE he was sworn in?  Did Obama get involved with ANY of the corporations who moved overseas?  If so, guess he wasn't successful was he.

Obama's policies effectively saved the US auto industry over Republican objections. I think that amounted to more than a few hundred jobs.

2 minutes ago, Lloyds' Mongolian Beef said:

What did he do to intervene?

As a side note I think it's precious that you put President before their name's.

Are they not Presidents?  I may not have liked the ideology or policies, but I respect the office, WHOMEVER sits in it.  Glad you think it is precious.

He didn't make phone calls?  Didn't have meetings?  Did you miss those stories?  They are staying because what they believe to be better business environment here in the US under President Trump administration.  When you lower corporate taxes, which allows them to keep shareholders happy, they will stay here vs going elsewhere?  By staying here, they also keep jobs here, when they invest in their own companies, they create more jobs here.  This includes large corporations and small business as well.  Reduce cost of doing business, businesses respond by growing.  Funny thing how that works.

Obama was more of a "speak softly and carry a big stick" kind of guy.  His soft speaking could be interpreted as weak or apologetic.  Trump has a different style.

"America first" sounds great.  Lets just make sure we are not focusing too much on the short term.  Obama did a lot of forward looking things that have long term benefits, but those things could be interpreted as him having wrong priorities.

40 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

I absolutely agree with the America First, think it should always have beeen America First.  Yes, I am on board with President Trump, would have been on board with any of the GOP candidates (except possibly Kasich), BUT, there are times (many times) I wish he would stop tweeting about BS he doesn't need to respond to or stop talking about things which really don't matter.  

Go in your closet, walk around your house and start making a list of all the made in America products you own or have gone out of your way to buy over the last few years. Feel free to post them here. Thanks in advance. 

15 hours ago, Larry said:

So, Trump's crowd only looks smaller, because of all the people in white tarps?  

klu+klux+klan+old.jpg

(Just a bad joke, but couldn't resist.)  

No no no, Obama's looked bigger but it really wasn't 'cuz a lot of that crowd only counted as 3/5ths

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Obama's policies effectively saved the US auto industry over Republican objections. I think that amounted to more than a few hundred jobs.

Can we please stop with the Obama saved the auto industry.  The auto industry was failing because their quality sucked, Toyota, Honda, Kia, etc had better quality vehicles.  The government should never have gotten involved with giving tax payer money out to corporations who failed to provide quality products or had failed leadership.  They took the money because it was offered, but they would have survived without it.  

Banks are different, I understood that and supported that.  

12 minutes ago, Burgold said:

He didn't help ford. He didn't invest in tesla he invested in fisker which you can look up to see how that turned out. 

22 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

You America Firsters do know the isolationist and anti-Semitic history of the America First Committee, right? 

To refresh your memory:

http://www.freep.com/story/opinion/columnists/brian-dickerson/2017/01/21/trump-america-first/96865480/

That's the Detroit Free Press, Not Freepers.

Trump had a rabbi from the wiseman foundation talk at the inauguration. He has a jewish SIL and he is very supportive of Israel. See Benji N. tweets calling Trump a friend. 

He may be the most pro Israel president we have ever had.

20 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Trying to take away health insurance from 30 million people, trying to neuter pollution and environmental controls, trying to sabotage education, etc.

It's absolutely hyperberolic, but that doesn't mean there isn't a ton of truth in it. For years, the GOP has supported the military industrial complex while short changing vets, cutting benefits, denying support requests etc. 

Even your evidence statements are unsupported hyperbole. Post evidence for your further claims. Trump said we have to treat vets better and is coming up with a plan to let them use private health care if they don't want to use the "amazing" VA. 

41 minutes ago, Cliffmark1 said:

I get it but the guy talks. And a lot of his talk has already realigned (or built) new factories in the USA. 

Does he need to go after Arnolds worse rankings on twitter maybe not but it shows that he wants to win.  (He is a really a very successful small or family business guy, he isn't a corporate executive that virtue signals and doesn't say what he means.) 

Is he a competitive guy who will try to "win" the war on terrorism? I would posit yes. 

I am sure people said that about Churchill too. Infact history shows us they did. 

Same challenge to you. Please post all the items, including what companies they are from, of all the items you have bought recent or over the years that are made in America? How often do you check tags and make decisions based on   where a product was made?

8 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

Are they not Presidents?  I may not have liked the ideology or policies, but I respect the office, WHOMEVER sits in it.  Glad you think it is precious.

He didn't make phone calls?  Didn't have meetings?  Did you miss those stories?  They are staying because what they believe to be better business environment here in the US under President Trump administration.  When you lower corporate taxes, which allows them to keep shareholders happy, they will stay here vs going elsewhere?  By staying here, they also keep jobs here, when they invest in their own companies, they create more jobs here.  This includes large corporations and small business as well.  Reduce cost of doing business, businesses respond by growing.  Funny thing how that works.

Oh man. Its Public Finance 330 all over again. I wonder if pandering to corporations has consequences?

11 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

He will not get credit for the things he has accomplished BEFORE being sworn in.  Ford, GM, Carrier, etc, are all examples of corporations who were leaving this country and taking jobs away.  Keeping them here puts Americans first but he will not get credit for it.  He won't get credit for a lot of things because people will not get past the hatred, which is unfortunate.

Here's how to get to the actual employment data for the US:  

(Apologies that I can't link to it directly.  They'll only let me link to the start of the maze they've set up.)  

Link to BLS employment data.

Click on "seasonally adjusted" (the box next to the word), and "Next form"

"Total nonfarm", and "next form"

"All employees, thousands", and "next form"

"Total nonfarm", and "next form"

"Retrieve data".

You'll get a table of data.  Right now, it says that, in January of '06, 135,452,000 Americans had jobs.  And so forth.  The last two months, Nov and Dec '16, have a (P) next to them, because those are preliminary estimates.  In about a month, they'll release the final number for November, and so forth.  

If you'll look at January of '09, you'll see that when Obama took office, 134,053,000 Americans had jobs.  (If you're clever, you might notice that that number is less than it was in '06.)  

A look at the last number that's not an estimate, Oct '16, shows 144,943,000.  

Some math will tell you that that's an increase of 10.9 million jobs.  Divide by 93 months, and it tells you that America added 117 thousand jobs, per month, average, for the entire Obama administration.  

(And I'll note that when Obama took office, the number of jobs was headed downward, quickly, and it continued downward for his first few years in office.  The number of jobs actually went down 4 million, in his first year, and then went up more than 2M a year, for the next six years.  Trump is walking into an economy that added 2.6 M jobs, last year.)  

I'll be happy to give Trump as much credit as I give Obama (meaning "this is what happened to the numbers, while he was in office"), if he can do better, as measured by the number of jobs, than what he had when he walked in.  

(And it's possible that he can.  I'd say it's unlikely, particularly given what I've seen so far.  But gee, if he produces better results, it sure won't break my heart.)  

(If, OTOH, you want to "give him credit" based on claims about how he made things better, compared to some other possibility that didn't happen, you'll probably have a hard sell, with me.)  

5 minutes ago, Cliffmark1 said:

Trump had a rabbi from the wiseman foundation talk at the inauguration. He has a jewish SIL and he is very supportive of Israel. See Benji N. tweets calling Trump a friend. 

He may be the most pro Israel president we have ever had.

You can be pro-Israel and anti-Semitic. Israel != all things Jewish.

You are also ignoring the organizations that are working with Trump (like Bannon) and/or not afraid to come out of the woodwork now that he is President. 

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Go in your closet, walk around your house and start making a list of all the made in America products you own or have gone out of your way to buy over the last few years. Feel free to post them here. Thanks in advance. 

And why do you think that is?  Is it because it was profitable to start making things here or cheaper to make things overseas?  If we made it cheaper to do business here in the US, don't you believe corporations would stay here?  Or are you of the belief that raising taxes on corporations encourages them to remain in the US?  Each CEO in those corporations has a responsibility to their shareholders to be as profitable as possible.  So, if it is financially beneficial to move overseas due to lower taxes, lower labor costs, no penalties for bringing things back into US, would you blame them?  What do you believe will happen when you make it more financially beneficial to remain in the US by reducing regulations, reducing taxes, allowing money to be brought back into the us without penalties and encouraging corporations to invest here in America?  My guess is they would prefer to remain in the US, but that is only a guess.

8 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Same challenge to you. Please post all the items, including what companies they are from, of all the items you have bought recent or over the years that are made in America? How often do you check tags and make decisions based on   where a product was made?

I buy stuff made in the USA, switzerland, japan or taiwan whenever possible. But as a businessman I know the way the rules currently written are unfair to American manufactures letting our goods get hit with huge un-reciprocal tarrifs.  Look up the tariffs on usa goods imported to china and vice versa. 

To launch or build products and not go bankrupt the rules as written basically mandated that you use labor from countries where children work, with no minimum wage, with no worker safety.

Trump signaled that will change and it is a good thing. 

Just now, Rskins06 said:

And why do you think that is?  Is it because it was profitable to start making things here or cheaper to make things overseas?  If we made it cheaper to do business here in the US, don't you believe corporations would stay here? So, if it is financially beneficial to move overseas due to lower taxes, lower labor costs, no penalties for bringing things back into US, would you blame them?  

So you want to lower wages, remove safety regulations, and bring back sweat shops to the United States? Because that is the only way a lot of those jobs are coming back (and a whole lot more will never come back because of automation).

Just now, Rskins06 said:

And why do you think that is?  Is it because it was profitable to start making things here or cheaper to make things overseas?  If we made it cheaper to do business here in the US, don't you believe corporations would stay here?  Or are you of the belief that raising taxes on corporations encourages them to remain in the US?  Each CEO in those corporations has a responsibility to their shareholders to be as profitable as possible.  So, if it is financially beneficial to move overseas due to lower taxes, lower labor costs, no penalties for bringing things back into US, would you blame them?  What do you believe will happen when you make it more financially beneficial to remain in the US by reducing regulations, reducing taxes, allowing money to be brought back into the us without penalties and encouraging corporations to invest here in America?  My guess is they would prefer to remain in the US, but that is only a guess.

You didn't answer my question. Please list all your American made items that you've bought over the last few years. Thanks in advance for telling us how you've supported American workers over the last few years. If you would like me to go first, let me know. 

1 minute ago, jpyaks3 said:

So you want to lower wages, remove safety regulations, and bring back sweat shops to the United States? Because that is the only way a lot of those jobs are coming back (and a whole lot more will never come back because of automation).

You can also demand that of the other nations to be able to sell here. (As well as implement reciprocal tarrifs.)

Just now, Hersh said:

You didn't answer my question. Please list all your American made items that you've bought over the last few years. Thanks in advance for telling us how you've supported American workers over the last few years. If you would like me to go first, let me know. 

The argument is about trump not me. Nice straw man bro. 

3 minutes ago, Cliffmark1 said:

Israel is either our number two or three ally. So no it doesn't scare me and I also support a country where there is democracy, womens rights, and jobs. 

Democracy for some, apartheid for others but tomato tomahto. 

2 minutes ago, Cliffmark1 said:

You can also demand that of the other nations to be able to sell here. (As well as implement reciprocal tarrifs.)

Explain exactly how that is going to "bring back jobs" that have left due to automation or the fact that they can exploit the labor in Singapore/Vietnam/wherever for pennies. Also I hope you like drastically higher priced goods because that is what tariffs will get you (I don't necessarily disagree, it is impossible for I-Phones to be priced where they are and without horrific labor abuses occurring).

2 minutes ago, Cliffmark1 said:

I buy stuff made in the USA, switzerland, japan or taiwan whenever possible. But as a businessman I know the way the rules currently written are unfair to American manufactures letting our goods get hit with huge un-recipricol tarrifs.  Look up the tarrifs on usa goods imported to china and vice versa. 

To launch or build products and not go bankrupt the rules as written basically mandated that you use labor from countries where children work, with no minimum wage, with no worker safety.

Trump signaled that will change and it is a good thing. 

What personal items have your bought over the last few years that have been made in America? Thanks in advance for answering the question. If you need me to go first, let me know. 

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Is it your assertion that Ford received no help?

If obama supported the USA tesla then you could have had some argument. 

Ford didn't need his help they were not going bankrupt. GM was going to go bankrupt anyway because they killed a bunch of people with stupid cost cutting decisions. 

Archived