Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Nobody should be paying attention to them but the FACTS part is why it was a dumb comparison.

relax

I don't mess with Democracy Now because I think they have crappy production value but they are journalists who deal with facts. They were the only news outlet discussion voters being purged off voter rolls in 2016. And as was posted before, Amy Goodman has won many accolades for her reporting.

Democracy Now is leftist, but from my experience listening to them and reading their work they do not lie or misrepresent the facts. Do yourself a favor and check their content out before you tell others not listen to them. At least say why with actual facts.

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Nobody should be paying attention to them

And you don't think that maybe that was the main point here? That they're a bull**** leftist site not worth paying attention to?

To the point where we're now going to call him a liar etc etc? Because he didn't dig through podcasts to find the dumb koch brothers conspiracy bull**** (which i mean come on is pretty common with the hard leftists... it's not like he made a grand claim there)

Seems like a lot of misplaced effort.

8 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Really? I think people's posting history in this thread illustrates quite well who have some degree of intellectual honesty. I've seen many people on here correct themselves or admit mistakes when faced with new information. I see waaaaaay more evidence of self-correction from non-gop media sources and media consumers.

This smells like more false equivalency bull**** to be honest. I see Dem. Now posts every now and then on facebook and I've yet to see any even approaching the level of Alex Jones' nonsense.

Fam, this is what he does. He also thinks he is the smartest guy in each thread he is in. He will continue on that.

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

Nonniey has a pretty good history of decent conversation and willingness to concede a point when someone shows he's wrong. You? :ols:

I actually do agree that nonniey does that. Problem is he is not doing it here.

And when I am wrong, I admit to being wrong. I have done that a lot on this forum. You chose to ignore that to... lie, which you is coincidentally what you are defending @nonniey doing now.

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

No, that wasn't what he said. I'd have been with him if it were.

He said they did a bunch of Koch brothers conspiracies in podcasts. Certainly seems like the main point to me.

Seems odd you'd come down so hard on that when you don't even listen to them, but whatever. It's not my fight to fight. Just remember that next time someone asks you to dig through a bunch of **** to back something up ;)

Just now, tshile said:

There it is!

Yea there it is! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... woooo

What's your ****ing point with that post?

Democracy Now does not equal Info Wars.

To say it does is patently false.

To say something is equal when it is not, is a false equivalency.

You seem like a smart dude sometimes, but you kill your credibility with your emotional reactions to things.

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Fam, this is what he does. He also thinks he is the smartest guy in each thread he is in. He will continue on that.

Not true. There's a handful of people smarter than me in these threads. TEG, No Excuses, Peter MP, PF Chang, Predicto, Please Blitz, to name a few.

You're not one of them. You seem like a nut.

hell i think twa is smarter than me.

he just refuses to put any effort into his posts and just likes screwing with everyone.

which maybe is argument for him being smarter than me.... :huh:

3 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

You seem like a smart dude sometimes, but you kill your credibility with your emotional reactions to things.

You see emotion in this? :ols:

Maybe just worry about yourself then ;)

The false equivalency comes out around here whenever someone comes down hard on a leftist person/thing.  Sometimes its absolutely warranted. But it happens so much it's become amusing, at least to me.

16 minutes ago, tshile said:

There it is!

And there it will be, the next time somebody tries to do it, too. 

You know, there is no board rule that says that, after somebody tries to pull something that isn't true a certain number of times, people aren't allowed to point it out any more. 

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

I didn't. Someone else did. Try to keep up next time.

1). OK. Post altered  

2). Thank you for agreeing that the false equivalency label was correct. 

So, the reason you were complaining about it was what?

1 minute ago, Larry said:

2). Thank you for agreeing that the false equivalency label was correct. 

Play your word games larry. Play 'em.

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Uh, ahem... Hellooooooo.

I'd add you but you've developed a shtick of bad jokes and i can't give you daps for that sorry bro :(

Sometimes i laugh but sometimes they make me cringe :(

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

You see emotion in this? :ols:

Maybe just worry about yourself then ;)

The false equivalency comes out around here whenever someone comes down hard on a leftist person/thing.  Sometimes its absolutely warranted. But it happens so much it's become amusing, at least to me.

Lol, you're so predictable. Yes, I see the emotion behind your over-exertions :)

Maybe you might want to think about what you just wrote above. Why do you think false equivalency accusations get thrown around so much? What percentage of the time on this board is such an accusation warranted? Is it warranted 90% of the time? 80%? 60%?

If it is warranted the majority of the time, why is it funny to you that people keep getting bothered by it and have to call it out? Why is that your first emotional reaction? Do you think that's healthy? Do you think you enjoy the whole "messing with the libs" thing yourself? Maybe to the point that it supercedes an inherent interest in intellectual honesty?

18 minutes ago, tshile said:

And you don't think that maybe that was the main point here? That they're a bull**** leftist site not worth paying attention to?

To the point where we're now going to call him a liar etc etc? Because he didn't dig through podcasts to find the dumb koch brothers conspiracy bull**** (which i mean come on is pretty common with the hard leftists... it's not like he made a grand claim there)

I didn't call anyone a liar because of Democracy now. I dont think anyone else did either but I could be wrong. Called them liars because they ignore facts and make up their own. 

18 minutes ago, tshile said:

Seems like a lot of misplaced effort.

Hmm

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I didn't call anyone a liar because of Democracy now.

You called what he was posting lies.

And idiocy

And opinion (but i mean that doesn't matter)

It's on the previous page.

7 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Why do you think false equivalency accusations get thrown around so much?

The same reason pearl clutching gets thrown around so much (and by the same people, imagine that :) )

You can keep worrying about me but I don't have time for your nonsense. 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

And idiocy

And opinion (but i mean that doesn't matter)

It's on the previous page.

Whats your point? I didnt say anything about his Democracy Now stuff. You gonna do that "You said that but you really meant this thing im saying you said" game you like to do or are we going to agree to a factual basis for this conversation? 

Im starting to think you are just as bad as they are at this **** now. 

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Whats your point? I didnt say anything about his Democracy Now stuff. You gonna do that "You said that but you really meant this thing im saying you said" game you like to do or are we going to agree to a factual basis for this conversation? 

Im starting to think you are just as bad as they are at this **** now. 

I referenced it as calling him a liar.

You seem to want to point out you didn't call him a liar - even though calling what someone does lying, is calling them a liar. 

I'm not particularly interested in it so we don't have to keep going back and forth. We can do it in private if you want, but I don't see the point in doing it in the thread. We're way off track at this point.

I love it, to me tshile is pretty much middle america in a lot of positions.  Just a very slight right sway.  I've seen him on this board be portrayed as a right wing nutter and on other boards we were on he was labeled a bleeding heart left winger.  I won't pretend to compare intelligence.  I just think the juxtaposition is informing!

I made a very specific point in regards to what I thought was the lie did I not? 

I referenced it as calling him a liar.

You seem to want to point out you didn't call him a liar - even though calling what someone does lying, is calling them a liar. 

Im assuming you mean this post? 

22 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I didn't call anyone a liar because of Democracy now. I dont think anyone else did either but I could be wrong. Called them liars because they ignore facts and make up their own. 

Where I said that im calling them liars? Lol. You are a trip man. 

I'm not particularly interested in it so we don't have to keep going back and forth. I don't know why you have such trouble keeping track of your own posts. You make comments, I call them out, and then you pretend you never made there. They're right there in text. 

You are either a troll or an idiot. Im amused by both. Please continue lol

Archived