Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

On 12/24/2016 at 7:49 AM, TryTheBeal! said:

Pro-tip...going hard to the right doesn't make everyone left of you "the left".  This board is primarily centrist/right that leans left on social issues - "compassionate conservatism" as Bush 1 once said.  We only have one "Bernie Bro" and we go at him harder than we go at you.  Over the last year, you can probably count the Huff Post links on one hand.

Just putting that out there for your consideration.  It's a radical thought, I know.

If you are a centrist/right that leans left on social issues you wish to impose that makes you Left.

Huffpro did fall out of favor for some reason :) 

49 minutes ago, twa said:

If you are a centrist/right that leans left on social issues you wish to impose that makes you Left.

Huffpro did fall out of favor for some reason :) 

What is left imposing? The right is certainly wanting to take choices away from people on social issues. That is actually what imposing is. 

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

What is left imposing? The right is certainly wanting to take choices away from people on social issues. That is actually what imposing is. 

If a choice does not exist it cannot be wanted taken away.

add

this type of post is why you have trouble getting conversations about what conservatives want fruitful.

Most any law/rule is imposing. 

32 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Can I get an example or three of social issues that liberals are imposing on folks?

You can't discriminate against gays.  

You can't mandate that the government teach children your religion.  

You can't force somebody else to donate their body as a life support system.  

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I choose letting black people drink out of the same water fountain as white people.

And was that wanted taken away when it was already forbidden or allowed?

are you letting or forcing compliance by choosing?...both right 

1 minute ago, twa said:

And was that wanted taken away when it was already forbidden or allowed?

are you letting or forcing compliance by choosing?...both right 

Well let's just cut to the chase and say gay rights.

1. Forbidding discrimination isn't imposing. It's preventing imposition.

2. I was actually at Jesus's birthday party yesterday (Don't get excited. I don't know him personally. I just supply some of his guests with hookers and hardcore drugs). Anyway he pulled me aside at one point and said, "Hey, you spend a lot of time on Extremeskins, right? That dude twa... tell him that he needs to take a look at his browser history before he starts worrying about telling gay people how to live their lives." True story. He also said that we need to resign Kirk but that's a topic for another time. Anyway, it's like my man Kasich (and Jesus) said on the topic of gay marriage and religious freedom... Christians are supposed to focus more on their own DO's and a lot less on other people's DON'Ts.

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

You can't discriminate against gays.  

You can't mandate that the government teach children your religion.  

You can't force somebody else to donate their body as a life support system.  

Usual sidetrack

Now can you list how these impose on others freedoms?

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Well let's just cut to the chase and say gay rights.

1. Forbidding discrimination isn't imposing. It's preventing imposition.

2. I was actually at Jesus's birthday party yesterday (Don't get excited. I don't know him personally. I just supply some of his guests with hookers and hardcore drugs). Anyway he pulled me aside at one point and said, "Hey, you spend a lot of time on Extremeskins, right? That dude twa... tell him that he needs to take a look at his browser history before he starts worrying about telling gay people how to live their lives." True story. He also said that we need to resign Kirk but that's a topic for another time. Anyway, it's like my man Kasich (and Jesus) said on the topic of gay marriage and religious freedom... Christians are supposed to focus more on their own DO's and a lot less on other people's DON'Ts.

Wait , you are telling me you need to focus more on your own DO's and a lot less on other people's DON'Ts.?

or just the right needs to?

Freedom is a ****. :)

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

I accurately answered the question asked.  

Something which I observe you have not done.  

Wrong 

ANY is my answer and certainly applicable

Just now, twa said:

Wait , you are telling me you need to focus more on your own DO's and a lot less on other people's DON'Ts.?

or just the right needs to?

Freedom is a ****. :)

A week off and you are way off your game. You are just digging a hole at this point with nothing to stand on to get out. 

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I'm saying that's a good policy for everyone to follow.

Next you will be telling me you are libertarian.....kinda hard to square that with the Obama fetish though. 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

A week off and you are way off your game. You are just digging a hole at this point with nothing to stand on to get out. 

At least I had game. :ols:

3 minutes ago, twa said:

Next you will be telling me you are libertarian.....kinda hard to square that with the Obama fetish though. 

I'm nothing. As far as Obama... I recognize a good man when I see one. There are Republicans I like and Republicans I don't like & Democrats that I like and Democrats that I don't like. Obama is a hell of a man.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I'm going to need a specific example here.

31 minutes ago, Larry said:

I accurately answered the question asked.  

Something which I observe you have not done.  

29 minutes ago, twa said:

Wrong 

ANY is my answer and certainly applicable

I could not say that a response of "ANY" is accurately answering the question. One week off for you!!

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I could not say that a response of "ANY" is accurately answering the question. One week off for you!!

you need to focus more on your own DO's and a lot less on other people's DON'Ts ...Right?

:chair: ;)

5 minutes ago, twa said:

you need to focus more on your own DO's and a lot less on other people's DON'Ts ...Right?

:chair: ;)

I love you twa and I'm glad you're back. We may fight like brothers but in the end, I think we set a good example for the rest of the board. We obviously have differing views but we both understand that it's important not to let your wrong opinions and logical fallacies get in the way of our friendship :kiss-smileys:

The Picture of Dorian Gray

Basically I like the rhythm of this title.  I also like the book itself and the premise.  I bet Trump has a portrait up in the Trump Tower attic that shows all his nastiness.  Wait, his actual face is showing all this nastiness.  Some the pictures on the internet are positively grotesque.

3 hours ago, twa said:

So you agree imposing defines?

No, I was just using your definition.

The reality is that the vast majority of people hold positions on social issues that don't line up strictly with one party or the other. By your assessment a person is Leftwing if they support same sex marriage, but that same person would then be Rightwing if they are Pro-Life. I'm sorry that the messiness of actual people doesn't fit in your box, but you look to use these lables for people so you can keep pushing this idea of absolute uniformity to party. Trump himself betrays that very notion and you know it. And the reality is that it is the Right that looks to impose their social positions on everyone else. The Left just keeps asking for the freedom to exercise theirs. The Right wants to discriminate, they want to forbid, they want to remove choice...ironically all in the name of freedom.

Archived