Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-2017 NFL Gameday Thread

ExoDus84

I wasn't that excited about tuning in last night but I'm glad I did.....thought it was a fun game to watch. I was wondering why I liked this game as opposed to the Super Bowl, which I thought was somewhat dreadful. I've always thought that for me, a lot has to do with what network its on. Michaels and Collinsworth just seem to have that cadence to make any game seem exciting. The CBS announcers, on the other hand, always just seem boring. And that includes Simms and Nantz....not that I have anything against either personally. Maybe its because I'm so used to watching Fox because of the Skins.

I agree. There is a reason Nantz is an amazing golf announcer. He doesn't suit football. Gumbel has no personality and Simms is annoying, foolish and a disaster to me. 

Even the CBs pregame is a mess. I hate having to listen to muffled Cowher speak as if he's in a soundproof box. Bart Scott...who knows what the hell that guy brings to the team. Bow-ties maybe? 

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Even the CBs pregame is a mess. I hate having to listen to muffled Cowher speak as if he's in a soundproof box. Bart Scott...who knows what the hell that guy brings to the team. Bow-ties maybe? 

Are any of the pre-game shows any good?  I think NBC's pregame is dreadful, and fully scripted... which is sad because they really offer no insight.  Let's also not forget the forced Toyota commercial that they actually segue into from the Halftime "analysis" show.

7 hours ago, Tsailand said:

Ridiculous amounts of bailing out on Cam's last drive.  It's nice to be the MVP.

He was concussed.

9 hours ago, youngchew said:

Hey, Cam. YOU JUST LOST.  Are you still dancing around and talkin' ****?

I think he was probably drooling and staring off into space while pissing blood. That's my guess.

1 hour ago, Saeth29 said:

Are any of the pre-game shows any good?  I think NBC's pregame is dreadful, and fully scripted... which is sad because they really offer no insight.  Let's also not forget the forced Toyota commercial that they actually segue into from the Halftime "analysis" show.

I like the fox show but maybe that because I grew up with them. But Howie, Chris and Jimmie have been there forever. They're clowns but they're my clowns at least. And there is some fun to be had at least. It doesn't feel overproduced down to the second like ESPN or boring like CBs and NBC. Dungy and Harrison? Yawn

4 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

CBS has felt subpar in every aspect for as long as I can remember. Even 20 years ago it felt dated and stale next to the other networks' broadcasts. I'll forever be thankful that the Skins aren't an AFC team.

The NBC production is really great. My only complaint is - like very show - they have way too many analysts/talkers/reporters.

It's so strange to me that the single best sports show of the last 20 years is the three man Chuck/Kenny/Ernie NBA show....and even THAT keeps getting screwed with.

By the way, I do feel like the league is at a pretty serious crossroads here. It probably won't ultimately matter since a gazillion people love the NFL. Still, they are policing the game to an insane degree while - at the same time - still allowing players to be treated like something out of The Hunger Games.

During that last drive, I felt guilty that I was watching a man get his brain scrambled and frustrated over ticky-tack penalties and delays and reviews and time outs. The NFL is slowly becoming "boring guilt" for me.

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I like the fox show but maybe that because I grew up with them. But Howie, Chris and Jimmie have been there forever. They're clowns but they're my clowns at least. And there is some fun to be had at least. It doesn't feel overproduced down to the second like ESPN or boring like CBs and NBC. Dungy and Harrison? Yawn

Yeah, I agree -- I grew up with the Fox show, too.  And yes they are clowns, and can be fun.  It's really been a few years that I've watched much of any pregame, unless it's for Sunday/Monday night games.

Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree with you about Dungy and Harrison... really bad.

Living in the Charlotte area and having to endure the "Super Bowl" around here last year, I'm in full, "let them lose all their damn games" mode as it was unbearable having them go 15-1 last year.

Some of you youngsters may not remember, but CBS used to have the NFC games and it was great with Brent "I'm drooling over Katherine Webb" Musberger, Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder, Irv Cross, Jayne Kennedy (Yes please :)) and Phyllis George (Yes please :)).  NBC had the AFC.  One of my favorite game day announcers was Charlie Jones on NBC.  He had such a weird, distinctive voice, but I loved it.

1 hour ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

CBS has felt subpar in every aspect for as long as I can remember. Even 20 years ago it felt dated and stale next to the other networks' broadcasts. I'll forever be thankful that the Skins aren't an AFC team. 

I don't watch any of the pregame broadcasts much anymore.

I watch the fantasy football programs on ESPN 2 and NFL RedZone leading up to the games. :) 

Nothing today could touch the great pregame show CBS had back in the 80s. Hearing Brent Musburger start with "You are looking live at RFK Stadium" always got me ready for some football. :815:

Hits to Cam's head last night

http://i.imgur.com/Mn1z9Ld.mp4

Inexcusable that only one of those drew a flag

(Also inexcusable that with all these updates, links like that still don't embed on here)

He may be onto something

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article100802952.html

Panthers’ Thomas Davis: NFL doesn’t protect Cam Newton like other QBs

Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis says he doesn’t think 6-5, 260-pound quarterback Cam Newton is extended the same protection as other NFL quarterbacks because of his size.

y

46 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Well, ****.  I stand corrected.

They needed to call those when they happened, instead of waiting until the final drive so it looks like they are rigging the game.

The first one was incidental. The second one should have been flagged, and the third one was. Really don't think any of them were deliberate, but at full speed, **** happens.

Archived