Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-2017 NFL Gameday Thread

ExoDus84

I've never hated him either, and don't understand the immense hate he gets. Walking off at the Super Bowl? Fair enough, that was a stupid thing to do. But he's been getting so much negative attention over such petty things. Like dabbing, Seriously, all a guy has to do is lower his face into his raised arm, and suddenly he gets as much attention for it as Ray Rice dragging his unconscious fiancee out of an elevator.

I've seen no accounts of him being rude to fans. I've heard no complaints about him being utterly disrespectful to his opponents. Seeing what he did with giving scoring footballs to kids at the stadiums, what he's done with the team in community work, his charity work, and how people would be hard pressed to say that he doesn't love the game, I'd say he just might not be a total a jerk. Maybe - just maybe - behind that personality of being a passionate person, he's actually a passionate person.

But that's just my opinion.

The second hit by Marshal was about as deliberate of a launched headshot as you can get. In addition to the head shots in that video he still took a ton of other late hits to the body after he has thrown passes. 

Say what you want about his size but he does deserve the same protection other QBs get. The rule isnt there to protect smaller QBs. It's to protect all QBs. Cam is a face of the league and the MVP that he was allowed to be targeted and cheap shot all game was disgraceful. 

What Cam does isn't any different than Moss spinning the ball like an ass after every first down or all the stupid stuff Portis did in the endzone. He just doesn't play for the Redskins so you guys hate it lol 

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The second hit by Marshal was about as deliberate of a launched headshot as you can get. In addition to the head shots in that video he still took a ton of other late hits to the body after he has thrown passes. 

Say what you want about his size but he does deserve the same protection other QBs get. The rule isnt there to protect smaller QBs. It's to protect all QBs. Cam is a face of the league and the MVP that he was allowed to be targeted and cheap shot all game was disgraceful. 

What Cam does isn't any different than Moss spinning the ball like an ass after every first down or all the stupid stuff Portis did in the endzone. He just doesn't play for the Redskins so you guys hate it lol 

I think very highly of Cam.  Great player, nice guy, the real deal.  I just find it laughable to make the centerpiece of your game plan "bullyball" with your 250 lb QB while simultaneously complaining about the refs.  Fact of the matter is, Cam is still running his college offense.  The same offense that wrecked RG3, among others, in short order.  And it will wreck Cam too if the Panthers don't start coaching to avoid getting their QB hit instead of coaching to get their QB as much contact as possible.  If I were Cam's wife or mother or agent, I'd be livid that the coaching staff has him taking on DTackles a dozen times a game...IN HIS 7TH YEAR IN THE LEAGUE!

Cam is more than capable of running a real pro offense and using his athleticism to stay healthy whilst still winning games.  And he better start doing it soon or I could see him broken down and outta the league in a few years time.

^^^ I agree with that but I still think that despite the offense's design or Cam just running a lot, be still needs to be protected as a passer in the same manner the other QBs are. 

Hes a tank and could still likely run that offense since as a runner he can protect himself better. It's the cheap shots and headhunting that are going to mess him up to me

18 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

...If I were Cam's wife or mother or agent, I'd be livid that the coaching staff has him taking on DTackles a dozen times a game...IN HIS 7TH YEAR IN THE LEAGUE!

Cam is more than capable of running a real pro offense and using his athleticism to stay healthy whilst still winning games.  And he better start doing it soon or I could see him broken down and outta the league in a few years time.

We definitely need more wives and mothers involved in the game planning.  Worked great with RG3 and his Dad, don't know why more parents don't get involved in the gameplan.

I say get Kirk's wife and Mom a headset on gameday so they can help keep Kirk safe in real time.  

When did Cam ever show that he was more than capable of running a real pro offense?  Why wouldn't he, being a grown man, say something instead of getting Moms involved?

13 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Which one game Sunday are you most looking forward to watching? Cleveland at Philly? Giants at Dallas? Or another?

Not watching any of them...traveling on bidniz from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm lol *grrr*...and then I have an online meeting at 7:00 pm tomorrow, followed by a bidniz dinner. 

13 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Not watching any of them...traveling on bidniz from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm lol *grrr*...and then I have an online meeting at 7:00 pm tomorrow, followed by a bidniz dinner. 

What time zone will you be in for that 7 pm meeting/dinner tomorrow? Are you going to miss watching the Skins live??

Archived