Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVE

RSanz

http://www.redskins.com/news/article-1/Report-Redskins-Sign-Veteran-Defensive-Lineman-Cullen-Jenkins/4b7ded77-d0e8-4169-8b42-83fd0159f4d8

Redskins.com reporting (via Ian Rappaport <@RapSheet> on Twitter) that the Redskins have signed Cullen Jenkins, who had spent the last 2 years with the NY Maras.  (More at the link above.)

I remember that he was a big name free agent back in 2011, and there were reports that he was miffed that he didn't get his big Redskins payday like many free agents had in previous years.

EDIT:  This is my first new thread, so please be gentle. :)

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

August 29, 2016

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVE

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster move:

The Redskins signed the following free agent:

DL Cullen Jenkins

The announcement was posted elsewhere so I responded there. Sorry for the duplicate but...\

This is a little odd as Scot tends to stay away from older guys. However, Cullen has had some success. He could provide some of the young guys - thinking Iaonnidis mostly - some quality mentoring. Not sure we have anyone right now that can really do that.

It also says Joe and Jay are not satisfied with who they have. Not sure any of us would disagree too much.

Thanks for posting this.  Random nitpick:  When posting news, first make sure that it's not posted anywhere else, or if it is, that it's thread-worthy (I'd think this teeters on that line, so I would be fine with it if I were a mod, but I'm not).  Also, the thread title should be formatted like this:

Source Name: Headline

So in this case, 

Redskins.com:  Report:  Redskins Sign Veteran DL Cullen Jenkins

You were crazy close, it just makes it easier to follow the formula since roster cuts are coming fast and furious in the next two weeks. :)

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

This is a little odd as Scot tends to stay away from older guys.

Actually, Scott seems to like one year contracts. He signed a lot of them his first two years here and often they were for more vet guys. I think it's not a bad play. You give the younger guy a little more developmental time and the older guy a prove-it chance.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Actually, Scott seems to like one year contracts. He signed a lot of them his first two years here and often they were for more vet guys. I think it's not a bad play. You give the younger guy a little more developmental time and the older guy a prove-it chance.

I don't see it as a bad thing and that was not my intent. It's just that while he will bring in a vet or two, he mainly is trying to build the team from youth. I like bringing Cullen in. If he can contribute and give the young guys some help learning, all is good!

1 hour ago, Skin21 said:

How many think we will go after Paul Kruger?

Nope. I don't want to see it anyway.

He played 16 games with 15 starts last year. 27 total tackles with 2.5 sacks. The Browns gave him $40M for five years three years ago and that's what they got. Now he's whining cause the Browns cut him for performance issues. 2014 he had 53 tackles and 11 sacks so I can see the Browns side of it and he was #3 on the cap roster. Maybe losing $13M over the next two years is making Paul grumpy. 

But it is the Browns. Traded Mingo to the Pats for a 5th round pick. Number 6 overall pick in 2013. Some of that Kruger savings will go to cover Cleveland's $23M in dead money. That's an insane amount especially for a team that's not so good and in need of rebuilding. Just an example of why the Browns suck. 

Archived