Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Game Day Thread - Bills at Redskins

TK

Another point I'd like to make: Not celebrating an injury here, but nfl.com saying that Rex simply pulled Tyrod Taylor after two series is complete bs. He removed him from the game because Smith ****ed him up. That was a violent/perfect/legal hit by Smith and Taylor was done after that. Mostly just pointing this out as an additional congrats to Smith because he's going to be a force to be reckoned with, which is good because we're all holding our breath with Kerrigan.

1 minute ago, moondog said:

Another point I'd like to make: Not celebrating an injury here, but nfl.com saying that Rex simply pulled Tyrod Taylor after two series is complete bs. He removed him from the game because Smith ****ed him up. That was a violent/perfect/legal hit by Smith and Taylor was done after that. Mostly just pointing this out as an additional congrats to Smith because he's going to be a force to be reckoned with, which is good because we're all holding our breath with Kerrigan.

Yes, hopefully, Kerrigan will be all right, because he was wreaking havoc in the Bills backfield in that one series he was in too.

The will be quite a duo if they can stay healthy. :) 

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Anybody have eyes on Matt Ioannidis?  Haven't heard a peep about him.  

I expect Kerrigan to miss time.  I doubt you'd have an MRI on a minor strain.  Groin injuries are miserable.  Crossing my fingers for him.  He deserves to be healthy for a full season.

Ioanndis played a lot last night, but mostly in the second half with the 3rd stringers.

I'm guessing he will make the 53 player squad, but be inactive most weeks to start out.

I'm not sure they want to risk him on waivers and put him on the practice squad.

But that is just a guess. :) 

My top 5 observations from last night:

1. JN worth every penny.

2. KC worth every penny.

3. Opposing teams still run the ball too easily.

4. Pass rush still relatively anemic. 

5. Rob Kelley will back up MJ.  AM who ...?

-------------------------------------------

6.  VD worth every penny.

55 minutes ago, Gregpeck99 said:

Get back to me on the "AM who...?" around midseason. Although if Stork can pick things up quickly and step in I think he and Lauvao can really solidify the run game. 

Seems like 100% chance we'll play Dak now in week 2. I'm hoping the coaches do an excellent job of gameplanning and pulling every bit of tape on him they can because this franchise's performance against rookie QB's over the past decade+ and across several different coaches/GMs/etc has been abysmal. Hopefully everyone, including the players brings their absolute A game because while I think Dak won't necessarily duplicate this same level of success in the regular season, the combo of him, Elliott, Dez and that O-line is not to be taken lightly.

Dak has attempted almost zero passes after taking the snap from under center, and they want to run the ball a ton. That's not going to mesh well early on even IF Dak is the real deal, which is very up in the air. No one has game planned for him at all yet.

5 hours ago, Gregpeck99 said:

My top 5 observations from last night:

1. JN worth every penny.

2. KC worth every penny.

3. Opposing teams still run the ball too easily.

4. Pass rush still relatively anemic. 

-------------------------------------------

6.  VD worth every penny.

Well, don't forget that Chris Baker didn't play last night. So that might have hurt the run some. Also, Kerrigan went out, and I don't think one of our starting LBs (Foster) played that much, either.

One thing you forgot on your list is Preston Smith. He looks like the real deal.

11 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Well, don't forget that Chris Baker didn't play last night. So that might have hurt the run some. Also, Kerrigan went out, and I don't think one of our starting LBs (Foster) played that much, either.

One thing you forgot on you list is Preston Smith. He looks like the real deal.

I agree on Preston Smith.  And I disagree with the "anemic" pass rush.  It was there, and I believe they got two sacks if i'm not mistaken.

2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I agree on Preston Smith.  And I disagree with the "anemic" pass rush.  It was there, and I believe they got two sacks if i'm not mistaken.

Yes, I think our pass rush, especially when the starters were in, was fine. Even after Kerrigan had to depart.

I was referring to the problems in the run defense in my post. :) 

Finally got around to watching the game tonight. Well, part of 1st half, anyway. That personal foul call on Lo was one of the worst calls I've ever seen.:ols: That was a textbook tackle! Wasn't the least bit dirty. What's worse, it appeared a later hit on Cousins (I think also by Lo) was high, and probably warranted a flag. Yet no flag was thrown. A possible makeup call? Perhaps. Idk.

Thought Cousins looked really well in the 2nd. Run game looked surprisingly good. Defense was stout. Stupid late hit by Hall though. Horrible decision. Seems like the guy gets at least one of those per game. Didn't see the hit on Gragg, so no comment there.

Howdy guys! I was at the game and had my eye on Josh Norman the entire time he was in. Could not have performed any better. He played shutdown in man defense including these 2 gems:

But overall, I had 0 complaints with him. One thing I noticed is how aware he was of the play. He was quick to recognize and react to run plays. Here are the rest of his plays. Also there was one blatant chop block on Norman by a Bills WR. No-call.

Oh my God, your videos are so cool, now DHall's hit makes total sense.

If you pay attention to that chop block, right at the last second when you pan your camera over you see DHall walking towards the receiver (I think Powell? Number 19) who did it like "I'm going to kill you", lol. 

Then he smashed him. :ols: 

At first I was pissed at DHall for that penalty, now I love him for it. That's just awesome. 

Girlfriend pointed that out to me in a replay during the game. I was saying that there must have been a reason for the hit, because despite his rep he's cooled off in his old age...and she goes I think he was backing up Norman...sure enough, the replay jumps on the screen and that's what it was. 

The penalty sucked but that's a bigger moment for those two guys, that could carry over. I'm good with it.

Yeah, in the context of the 'film', I have no issue with the hit either.  That play sets the tone early that Deangelo is gonna have Norman's back.  That can go a long way during the Season. 

And like a few posters have noted, the Run Defense did not look too good to me either.  Buuut, it's the Preseason so I'll chalk it up to that.

53 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

At first I was pissed at DHall for that penalty, now I love him for it. That's just awesome. 

I didnt notice that either. I watched it over again and was asking myself what the hell his problem was. Now I get it and will take the 15 on that any day. 

Also, after re-watching, Robert Kelly has to get the roster spot. He was ok running the ball, but his pass blocking was a thing of beauty. If you have a minute to go back and watch the game, watch they way he consistently picks up blocks and lays the wood. That one ball where Kirk threw off his backfoot to Desean on the sideline and wound up wide looked like it was due to not trusting the rookie to pick up that block. Bet Cousins won't be worried next time after watching that block. 

Im glad DHall rocked dude. D has been soft for awhile now. Reminds me of the Taylor forearm smash to TO,  then mashing him again and putting him on the trainers table back when he was with the Eagles. Sure, not a wise/"nice" play, but it was a tone setter (among other things) for that Gregg Williams defense. Sometime messages need to be sent. D needs a culture change and hopefully in year two, guys like Breeland, Norman, Hall, Smith, Cravens etc will be the ones to bring that life hating nastiness back to the Redskins defense that I loved watching in my teens

3 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Oh my God, your videos are so cool, now DHall's hit makes total sense.

If you pay attention to that chop block, right at the last second when you pan your camera over you see DHall walking towards the receiver (I think Powell? Number 19) who did it like "I'm going to kill you", lol. 

Then he smashed him. :ols: 

It's not a chop block unless two players are engaged; 1 high and 1 low. That's a cut block which is perfectly legal. You'll see RB's doing this a lot in the backfield against DE's.

Archived