Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Game Day Thread - Bills at Redskins

TK

2 hours ago, Johns Bass said:

It's not a chop block unless two players are engaged; 1 high and 1 low. That's a cut block which is perfectly legal. You'll see RB's doing this a lot in the backfield against DE's.

Ok, thanks, I should've put the correct one. I do know the difference and was just repeating everyone else. Either way, the cut block was pretty unnecessary and ugly, legal or not, so the overall point stands. I like what DHall did. 

5 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Ok, thanks, I should've put the correct one. I do know the difference and was just repeating everyone else. Either way, the cut block was pretty unnecessary and ugly, legal or not, so the overall point stands. I like what DHall did. 

Agreed. That's the kind of block that can kill a player's ACL.

20 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Oh my God, your videos are so cool, now DHall's hit makes total sense.

If you pay attention to that chop block, right at the last second when you pan your camera over you see DHall walking towards the receiver (I think Powell? Number 19) who did it like "I'm going to kill you", lol. 

Then he smashed him. :ols: 

At first I was pissed at DHall for that penalty, now I love him for it. That's just awesome. 

I cut off that clip in the video I posted so I went back and looked at the full version. Wow you're right. DHall noticed that block against Norman and was walking towards the receiver.

Makes everything a lot clearer now. I would be pissed too. Sure that block might technically be legal but it's the type of block that can blow out someone's knee. It's uncalled for in the preseason.

Archived