Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Generic "Former Redskin" Thread

Switchgear

5 hours ago, Diehard Otis said:

When I saw this thread, I thought about #46, but we all know where he is.  But what I wanna know is where in the world is Brian Orakpo?  Last I heard, he was in Tennessee.

Rak still a Titan. He's improved in dropping back into pass coverage than he was as a Redskin but not getting the sacks like he did here. 7 sacks (last year) is the lowest in his career for a full season. 

Jeeze, you wanna find a former Redskin still playing - first stop, Atlanta.

19 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lorenzo Alexander apparently plays for the bills now. We face them on Friday night! 

Damn.  Had a season ending injury and bounced around a bit it looks like.  If he was on the market, I wish I knew so I could of started a "should we" thread.  I would've been down.

30 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Roy Helu is...um, not playing anywhere, I think.

I was pretty surprised by that, I just had to check to make sure it was true....got placed on the Raiders IR on July 29th of this training camp and they waived him a few days later. I thought he was healthy last season for them, what happened between then and now??

On 8/23/2016 at 3:07 AM, Diehard Otis said:

No kiddin'.  Sheesh, they've got so many former Skins on the roster you'd think they were our Triple-A team.

If they played for the Redskins first and then went to Atlanta, wouldn't that make the 'Skins the Triple-A team for Atlanta?

22 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

Keenan Robinson is the new Antonio Pierce.

KR better not randomly become great now that he's gone to the Giants.  That would make me angry.

He will be, but it won't be because we wouldn't pay him what he's worth.  He couldn't stay healthy and legitimately lost his starting position.  If he can stay healthy, he can be an above average starter with his speed.  That's a big "if".

Great thread. Puts things into perspective. None of the guys we have lost have made much of an impact around the league. Some stick around as backups while others are basically out the league shortly after. Of all the names mentioned here so far, Morris is the only one that I still like and will want to keep an eye on. Regarding Keenan, I don't think he'll be anywhere near as good as Pierce was when he went to the Giants. A couple other names I'd like to add...

1. Bacarri Rambo is without a home
2. David Amerson with the Raiders and seems to be doing okay? Still glad he is off this team.
3. Jarvis Jenkins, boy if only he didn't get hurt his rookie year. He would be better than Watt.
4. Helu and Hankerson already mentioned. Only on this team would they last so long.
5. Rob Jackson, he was better than Orakpo right? Has he played in the league since we dropped him? 

This list of failed Redskins is but a small sample size of the futility we've gone through (and this is just during the 00's). I don't even consider these guys busts. Most are late round picks or shouldn't have been drafted at the slot we took them. They just happened to be on a bad team with a desperate fan base, which elevated some of them more than should have been. 

Couple others that I think are for sure out the league include Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, Kevin Barnes, Kareem Moore, Philip Thomas, and Brandon Jenkins. All guys who at one point were part of the future.

Archived