Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Generic "Former Redskin" Thread

Switchgear

Phillip Thomas is in Buffalo at the moment, which is actually where Rambo went as well. As for Jackson, he never played another down. I'm still surprised nobody gave him the Chris Cooley treatment this year. Some did last year with Gallete's injury, but I guess the the faith in Scotty helped the temptation the time around.

4 hours ago, justice98 said:

I see Knighton is having issues in New England. Might not even make the roster.

Yeah, I read on the twitter page that he is on the bubble.

Not really surprised. He only came alive at the end of last season when it was coming up on contract negotiation time. :) 

You know, this is random and almost not related, but listening to the commentary for the Jacksonville Vs Cincinnati game the other night, the commentators were discussing the big draft where the Jags hit on Bortles, Robinson, Hurns, and Marqise Lee. It made me think back to the good ole days of the 2008 draft. For a brief moment I wondered "Man, wonder where Devin Thomas, Malcolm "The Comb" Kelly, Fred Davis, and Marko Mitchell are...and why does the universe hate the Redskins?"

7 hours ago, Switchgear said:

Lache Seastrunk was cut by the Jets today.

And Darrel Young cut by Chicago I was hoping he might hang on somewhere. Really low mileage considering his experience. I don't think that Gruden & Company ever really figured out how to best use him.

Andre Roberts - Detroit. Tough to like a guy whose a 50% catch to target ratio. It's what he's always been his entire career. Maybe he'll break 51% with the Lions? One year, $760k. A far cry from $4m for 11 catches that the Skins paid him.

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:25 AM, LLandryistheshiz said:

Two former Redskins on this list.

sack leader top 5

why god why

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:41 AM, MisterPinstripe said:

Holy crap, Lorenzo has 7 sacks on the year?? Good for him. I dont regret letting Orakpo go, he wasnt worth it and kept getting injured.

th?&id=OIP.M49cd1fe6cbd2957e4f0fc258bace92edo2&w=300&h=168&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

20 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Andre Roberts is the #2 punt returner in the NFL, after Jamison Crowder (minimum 5 punt returns)...

Good for him. He's still an average receiver, and Crowder has had much, much more impact in his time here than Roberts.

Speedy Bandon Banks, a feared kick returner in Canada has been suspended for 2 games after testing positive for a banned substance (Methylenedioxyamphetamine). 

Winning the division gets his team a bye and a direct skip to the Conference Championship game.  Guess he won't be there to help.

1 hour ago, Audible_Red40 said:

Speedy Bandon Banks, a feared kick returner in Canada has been suspended for 2 games after testing positive for a banned substance (Methylenedioxyamphetamine). 

Winning the division gets his team a bye and a direct skip to the Conference Championship game.  Guess he won't be there to help.

They play 18 games in the CFL.  I think this is game 17 coming up, so if they do make the playoffs, he'd be available.  But Hamilton is behind Ottawa and is currently out of playoff contention, so his season may be over.

7 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

They play 18 games in the CFL.  I think this is game 17 coming up, so if they do make the playoffs, he'd be available.  But Hamilton is behind Ottawa and is currently out of playoff contention, so his season may be over.

Oh yeah, he'll be available.  I was trying to get at the fact he won't be around to help his team catch Ottawa for 1st place and the all important 1st round bye that puts you right in the East Finals.  If they lose to Ottawa this week, they can't finish 1st.

9 minutes ago, Audible_Red40 said:

Oh yeah, he'll be available.  I was trying to get at the fact he won't be around to help his team catch Ottawa for 1st place and the all important 1st round bye that puts you right in the East Finals.  If they lose to Ottawa this week, they can't finish 1st.

Ah, Ok.  I misread it.  Yeah, the whole Eastern Division sucks this year.  I'm a Winnipeg Blue Bombers fan.  They are my CFL team.  I don't know why.  I just started rooting for them a few years ago when they started showing CFL games on NBCSN and now ESPN.  I try to keep up with the scores every week.  Not sure why I picked the Blue Bombers.  Maybe their name?  I'm hoping the CFL finally makes a decision and gets a 10th team to balance the divisions.

Archived