Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins GAMEDAY Thread - Redskins at the Falcons

HapHaszard

• TK locked and unlocked this topic
  • TK locked and unpinned this topic

Question: I get off work at 3pm, have to pick up my girls from my mother's home before I head home. Will likely be walking through the door around 4pmish.  When the game is listed at 4pm (7pm for folks in the coverage area) Does that mean kickoff happens between 4-4:05pm or is there a half hour of pre-game coverage and the kickoff is closer to 20 mins or so after?

P.S.  NO INJURIES!

46 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Question: I get off work at 3pm, have to pick up my girls from my mother's home before I head home. Will likely be walking through the door around 4pmish.  When the game is listed at 4pm (7pm for folks in the coverage area) Does that mean kickoff happens between 4-4:05pm or is there a half hour of pre-game coverage and the kickoff is closer to 20 mins or so after?

P.S.  NO INJURIES!

From what I heard its a 7:05 kickoff.  And I second the no injuries.

• TK pinned this topic
1 hour ago, illone said:

I swore I would not do this  but I cannot resist; I'm signing up for league pass on a free trial just so I can watch the game tonight.

Last year, the NFL's streaming video absolutely reeked.  (At least for me, on DSL.) 

For one thing, all four games, they streamed the non-Redskins broadcast. 

I find streaming the radio feed a whole lot better.  (I'm experimenting with getting it directly from ESPN 980, this year, instead of baying the NFL for their stream.) 

Are they gonna have the usual regular season radio broadcast team?  I've really liked listening to Cooley during the games.  Really seems to do his homework, and to tell me a lot of things.  (I also like the fact that the radio crew gets injury updates.  The TV people don't seem to pay attention to that.) 

Also looking forward to trying out the board's new chat feature.  Hopefully that will work a whole lot better. 

25 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

My girlfriend had to check into a hotel , because her 23 yo cat is getting put down in the morning, if it makes it through the night.

Game Time for me!

Sorry to hear about her cat ? 

Why does she have to check into a hotel though? Is the vet far away?

the awkward pre-game stream i'm watching is funny. some intern or tech guy setting up all the stuff, the broadcasting guy talking about sound levels and wide shots...not even sure they know this thing is on. can see some warmups in the background

Falcons broadcasters trying to figure out what they're going to talk about in the open with no Keanu Neal on the field. Funny stuff.

"You want me to sit down, is it better like this? I'll sit up straight"

these guys don't know they're on camera already lol

Cooley and Riggo discussing whether Norman is the best CB in the NFL.  (Cooley's opinion:  To get that title, you have to play a lot of man coverage, and Norman mostly played zone.  But, the one time he played a lot of man, was against OBJ.) 

Just now, Larry said:

Cooley and Riggo discussing whether Norman is the best CB in the NFL.  (Cooley's opinion:  To get that title, you have to play a lot of man coverage, and Norman mostly played zone.  But, the one time he played a lot of man, was against OBJ.) 

Gotta agree with him....if Norman is a stud in our scheme, that's great. But I think to get that "shutdown CB" label that is so rare, you have to be like Revis was and follow the #1 in man coverage all over the field. That's why Revis was always better than Asomugha. I'm just fine paying Norman elite money to be elite in our scheme, but if we're talking purely labels he'll have to prove himself in man coverage to be the best in the entire NFL.

Archived