Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins GAMEDAY Thread - Redskins at the Falcons

HapHaszard

I'd mute this and go to the streaming 980 game feed...but with two different streaming services (NFL gamepass and the radio stream) I'm sure it wouldn't sync up correctly. Stuck with the Falcons broadcast team I guess.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Gotta agree with him....if Norman is a stud in our scheme, that's great. But I think to get that "shutdown CB" label that is so rare, you have to be like Revis was and follow the #1 in man coverage all over the field. That's why Revis was always better than Asomugha. I'm just fine paying Norman elite money to be elite in our scheme, but if we're talking purely labels he'll have to prove himself in man coverage to be the best in the entire NFL.

That's actually one of my fondest memories from the Glory Years.  Skins were playing the 49ers, and the pre-snap camera showed an isolation of Jerry Rice. 

And John Madden (this was back when John Madden actually said important things) said we should pay attention to the Redskin guy, Darrell Green.  John explained that Darrell was listed on the roster as a CB, but that's not really what he does.  He explained that when the Skins played a team that had one superstar receiver, like Jerry Rice, then Darrell really didn;t play a position, he played Jerry Rice. 

When the 9ers break the huddle, Darrell wi go wherever Rice goes.  If Rice goes into motion, Darrell will follow him.  If Rice comes out for a breather, so will Darrell. 

Darrell, John explained, was going to spend the entire game, trying to take Jerry Rice out of the game. 

And I kinda fell in love, at that point.  That just seemed downright heroic, to me.  To pick out the best person on the opposing team, and to tell him, "It's you against me, this whole game". 

(I found myself reflecting on that exchange, every time some jerk would make the pompous announcement that Deion Sanders "invented the role of shutdown corner".) 

I mainly want to see NO INJURIES (that is paramount above everything), and how the young guys that are trying to earn a spot perform.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team lost this game in the end because I think they will give Sudfeld a long look in the second half, and from what I've read, he hasn't looked too good.

We'll see. :)

19 minutes ago, Larry said:

Are they gonna have the usual regular season radio broadcast team?  I've really liked listening to Cooley during the games.  Really seems to do his homework, and to tell me a lot of things.  (I also like the fact that the radio crew gets injury updates.  The TV people don't seem to pay attention to that.) 

Also looking forward to trying out the board's new chat feature.  Hopefully that will work a whole lot better. 

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

Now, is that a soccer fan in this thread?  Can you get banned for that? 

Yes. :)

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

I mainly want to see NO INJURIES (that is paramount above everything), and how the young guys that are trying to earn a spot perform.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team lost this game in the end because I think they will give Sudfeld a long look in the second half, and from what I've read, he hasn't looked too good.

We'll see. :)

Yeah, you're probably right. 

Honestly, Sudfeld is a project. Colt has not looked good in camp, I think we should give our true backup a decent amount of reps through preseason to get right. And also because he knows this system like the back of his hand and can help us evaluate the backup offensive players much, much better than Sudfeld would allow.

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'd mute this and go to the streaming 980 game feed...but with two different streaming services (NFL gamepass and the radio stream) I'm sure it wouldn't sync up correctly. Stuck with the Falcons broadcast team I guess.

Use the TuneIn feed. You can pause & rewind it 

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah, you're probably right. 

Honestly, Sudfeld is a project. Colt has not looked good in camp, I think we should give our true backup a decent amount of reps through preseason to get right. And also because he knows this system like the back of his hand and can help us evaluate the backup offensive players much, much better than Sudfeld would allow.

Yeah, I would prefer to see more of McCoy than Sudfeld tonight. He is the direct backup to Cousins. Maybe we will. :)

Archived