Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Man's Sky - PS4

Dont Taze Me Bro

8 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

There is no multiplayer where you can instantly get to friends, or warp to, nothing like that.  But from my understanding, it can exist randomly but only with a less than 1% chance.  Mainly because the game world is so enormous.  From what I can gather reading online, is that as eventually as you progress towards the center of the universe (everyone starts out on the edge), it could be possible in time to start progressing towards one planet/solar system and encounter other human players.  But not end game, this will take a ton off coordinated effort offline to pull it off.  Essentially, you could keep warping and warping, etc. until you find someone.

How long will it take?  I'm not sure.  Right now, I'm only in my second solar system towards the center of the universe lol.  Been playing for 5 hours straight.  Finally got my hyperdrive and now the plans to make the warp cells to power it.  This game is resource heavy.  You have to follow "missions" to gain the tools to explore and create mats/upgrades.  

But I'm having a blast playing it.  Found some spaceships at a space station you can buy, right now, too expensive, but you can farm and sell mats at trading posts and stuff.  

I was reading a thread on Reddit where one player randomly happened upon a galaxy that someone had already discovered.  He messaged the user and they decided to meet at a specified location.  They were both there, same exact spot, at the same exact time.  They couldn't see each other.

https://m.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4wxydf/im_about_to_meet_another_player_seriously/

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I was reading a thread on Reddit where one player randomly happened upon a galaxy that someone had already discovered.  He messaged the user and they decided to meet at a specified location.  They were both there, same exact spot, at the same exact time.  They couldn't see each other.

https://m.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4wxydf/im_about_to_meet_another_player_seriously/

Yeah, I think it's bugged right now or they weren't expecting it to happen so quickly that they haven't fully finished the game and that aspect of it.  In an interview with the main guy, he did say talk briefly about running into other human players, specifically that if you were in a faction space battle, you might notice an enemy ship not moving/acting the same way.  

That it might be out maneuvering you and kill you.  And that could be one manned by another human player.  So, it was supposed to be possible, just rare randomly.  But based off this article I just read where he is quoted.  I'm gonna stick with that part of the game is broken, bugged or they weren't expecting so much traffic that it screwed with the servers/code something.

Here is a link to the developers comments on the two players not being able to see each other:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/no-mans-sky-no-multiplayer

@Kosher Ham

Yeah, dunno how long its gonna take me to finish this :ols:

Gotta take advantage of the day off and hunker down until she gets home. Got classes all this weekend too. Might end up being like Witcher 3, where by the end, I felt like I traveled around the entire planet, and was just ready for it all to be over. Took me months.

Currently downloading...

14 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Two of my buddies from high school/college, one was my college roommate both picked it up yesterday.  One was telling me that he found a planet full of gold he mined for hours.  I haven't been that lucky yet.

Dear penthouse... 

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Two of my buddies from high school/college, one was my college roommate both picked it up yesterday.  One was telling me that he found a planet full of gold he mined for hours.  I haven't been that lucky yet.

Thats gonna be my plan. Just randomly feel my way through the galaxy, and look for some answers converning the massive world. Figure that will give me good opportunity to run into something crazy.

Like Fallout 3 when I happened across that minefield, then the downed UFO and alien blaster. One of the biggest wtf's of all time. That method really helped  in Fallout 3

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

With the game having a day night cycle and presumably time it shouldn't be a big surprise that two people would be in the same place and not see each other. Same time on Earth, not the same time in the game. My understanding of their meeting is that Player A jumped to a new system (traveling several thousand light years in the process, the game shows how many light years you are traveling right?) and found that Player B had already been there. A messages B and says "Hey I'm in your old system, come back and meet me." B says "Sure I'm only 4 systems away." B then travels several thousand light years to get back to the old system. At that point in game time they are thousands of years apart. 

Assuming my limited knowledge of how light years work is correct. 

26 minutes ago, autoidiodyssey said:

With the game having a day night cycle and presumably time it shouldn't be a big surprise that two people would be in the same place and not see each other. Same time on Earth, not the same time in the game. My understanding of their meeting is that Player A jumped to a new system (traveling several thousand light years in the process, the game shows how many light years you are traveling right?) and found that Player B had already been there. A messages B and says "Hey I'm in your old system, come back and meet me." B says "Sure I'm only 4 systems away." B then travels several thousand light years to get back to the old system. At that point in game time they are thousands of years apart. 

Assuming my limited knowledge of how light years work is correct. 

Or that aspect of the game is broken.  Considering the developer stated that they planned and wanted for other players to eventually interact as they included a scan feature on the galactic map to detect other players around you.  

10 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

The universe has no center. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah im sure he meant galaxy :ols:

Which seems weird in its own right. Isn't the true center of every galaxy like a gigantic death trap?

LOL, that's what I meant, it's actually referred to as "center of the galactic core", which is how it's worded once you get a hyper drive and bring up the galactic map.  

6 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

LOL, that's what I meant, it's actually referred to as "center of the galactic core", which is how it's worded once you get a hyper drive and bring up the galactic map.  

Reminds me of the Mass Effect 2 suicide mission to the Galactic Core. Epic stuff.

Archived