Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Man's Sky - PS4

Dont Taze Me Bro

47 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Or that aspect of the game is broken.  Considering the developer stated that they planned and wanted for other players to eventually interact as they included a scan feature on the galactic map to detect other players around you.  

It certainly could be broken, especially considering how small the team was that put this together. It doesn't really bother me either way since I always looked at it as a solo experience. I'm much more concerned with the fact that Player A in that example above stumbled onto a system that had already been found on his first jump. If the first system I jump to has already been found I will be kinda pissed. I'm getting it for PC so I still have to wait until Friday.

2 minutes ago, autoidiodyssey said:

It certainly could be broken, especially considering how small the team was that put this together. It doesn't really bother me either way since I always looked at it as a solo experience. I'm much more concerned with the fact that Player A in that example above stumbled onto a system that had already been found on his first jump. If the first system I jump to has already been found I will be kinda pissed. I'm getting it for PC so I still have to wait until Friday.

I guarantee it's broken.  I've moved to my third solar system and nobody is there.  Same with some of my friends.  Those guys were the "less than one percent chance" guys and it exposed a flawed mechanic.  

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

I just found out about this yesterday. Guess im still far out of the loop compared to the rest of you

I ran across it 4-5 days ago, didn't think anything of it until it got brought up in the XB/PS thread.  Then I researched it yesterday morning and realized how awesome the concept was and pulled the trigger.  I take no shame in being a fellow newb in this game.

2 hours ago, autoidiodyssey said:

With the game having a day night cycle and presumably time it shouldn't be a big surprise that two people would be in the same place and not see each other. Same time on Earth, not the same time in the game. My understanding of their meeting is that Player A jumped to a new system (traveling several thousand light years in the process, the game shows how many light years you are traveling right?) and found that Player B had already been there. A messages B and says "Hey I'm in your old system, come back and meet me." B says "Sure I'm only 4 systems away." B then travels several thousand light years to get back to the old system. At that point in game time they are thousands of years apart. 

Assuming my limited knowledge of how light years work is correct. 

That actually makes a lot on sense, assuming that there is a lot of travel near light speed.  I would assume that something like that would be too difficult for a video game (logistically) to handle.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

That actually makes a lot on sense, assuming that there is a lot of travel near light speed.  I would assume that something like that would be too difficult for a video game (logistically) to handle.

Thats the first thing I thought of too, but was like " Nah, this game can't be THAT awesome..."

Aaaaand more sentinels. These things are everywhere. Where the **** did this game put me? :ols:

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I'm still going with the notion that they released the game without the functionality to see/interact with other players because of budget and the fact they thought it would take a lot more time for that to happen and not on day one, revealing a game mechanic flaw.  

If real were based on what auto stated, I would think they would have responded with that answer instead of the "Golly gee, it happened on day one!??!?! Wow!" response from the developer.

One of three things have happened.  He/they bold face lied about multiplayer being possible in the game so they could maintain pre-order sales (possibly abandoned that before launch, but kept hush about it).  

Two, the functionality was in there and it's flawed/bugged/broke and needs to be fixed/updated.  Or three, it was released without that piece at launch with hopes to add it later thinking they had plenty of time given the already extremely slim chance that players would stumble into each other with in hours of launch (probably thought this would take months).

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Thats the first thing I thought of too, but was like " Nah, this game can't be THAT awesome..."

Aaaaand more sentinels. These things are everywhere. Where the **** did this game put me? :ols:

They are annoying.  Craft a blaster as soon as you can, then you can take them out easy.  

5 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

They are annoying.  Craft a blaster as soon as you can, then you can take them out easy.  

Hmmm. Evil faction perhaps? If this game is supposed to be as big as we're led to believe, what are the odds that we both run into the same kind of hostile AI presence?

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Hmmm. Evil faction perhaps? If this game is supposed to be as big as we're led to believe, what are the odds that we both run into the same kind of hostile AI presence?

I think everyone's starting experience is the same, so you will encounter drones, but have the same missions as you try to continue down your path to the center of the galaxy.  But, the planets it happen on are completely different, with different aliens, animals, etc.

Planet I started out on had a red clay surface.  Haven't found anything as cool as a snow planet yet lol

19 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I think everyone's starting experience is the same, so you will encounter drones, but have the same missions as you try to continue down your path to the center of the galaxy.  But, the planets it happen on are completely different, with different aliens, animals, etc.

Planet I started out on had a red clay surface.  Haven't found anything as cool as a snow planet yet lol

Well, snowy ( not snow covered) like some weird kind of methane like snow

Starting to figure thi gs out, gathering supplies from the wreckage, and activating this "Atlas". Totally feels like a setup, but Im lost, so I figure it can help me for the time being.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Think of them like the galactic resource police. They don't like you tearing up the planet with your mining laser, shooting the trees, blowing up all the rocks. That might not be their real purpose but it is how they act. They are on all planets but their numbers are random. Some planets will be crawling with them others will have very few.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Does the game account for relativity?

Dunno yet, haven't taken to space travel

Just running along exploring and cataloging while ducking the drones. Getting used to when where and how to apply resources, and use the jetpack, while stocking my inventory and fixing my ship

Whatever planet im on (I named it Paraxenos), there's someone else here (intelligent life).  Saw thre e aircraft flying in formation in the sky

8 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Drones must hate you. I only get attacked when I over mine, or blast my way into a building

Everytime i shoot it at least one comes to investigate and another usually isnt far behind. The further out i go from my ship (to mine for heridium) there seems to be less of them. I crashed near a cavern of some kind (not going in there yet until i upgrade some stuff, because common sense....), and they are all over the place in that area

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Everytime i shoot it at least one comes to investigate and another usually isnt far behind. The further out i go from my ship (to mine for heridium) there seems to be less of them. I crashed near a cavern of some kind (not going in there yet until i upgrade some stuff, because common sense....), and they are all over the place in that area

I used caverns to hide from the drones when they decided to attack. Plus I can find good resources in there.

On your planet do you have the monolith heridium?

Archived