Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Man's Sky - PS4

Dont Taze Me Bro

Just now, Xameil said:

I used caverns to hide from the drones when they decided to attack. Plus I can find good resources in there.

On your planet do you have the monolith heridium?

I found that heridium in my second solar system.  Huge tower of it.  I was doing the stuff to get my hyper drive, wonder if they plant it on the planet your on for everyone, since the missions seem to follow the same format, just different planets/resources/etc.

20 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I used caverns to hide from the drones when they decided to attack. Plus I can find good resources in there.

On your planet do you have the monolith heridium?

Yeah. Found one made of gold ore too (dunno if resource monoliths are all that rare, though in this game). Been getting a ton of stuff since i fixed my scanner, and crafted the blaster, so im not as worried about them. Finally have everything I need for full repair

4 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I'm still going with the notion that they released the game without the functionality to see/interact with other players because of budget and the fact they thought it would take a lot more time for that to happen and not on day one, revealing a game mechanic flaw.  

If real were based on what auto stated, I would think they would have responded with that answer instead of the "Golly gee, it happened on day one!??!?! Wow!" response from the developer.

One of three things have happened.  He/they bold face lied about multiplayer being possible in the game so they could maintain pre-order sales (possibly abandoned that before launch, but kept hush about it).  

Two, the functionality was in there and it's flawed/bugged/broke and needs to be fixed/updated.  Or three, it was released without that piece at launch with hopes to add it later thinking they had plenty of time given the already extremely slim chance that players would stumble into each other with in hours of launch (probably thought this would take months).

That's Sean Murray being Sean Murray.  It's more likely that they are in different instances/nodes similar to how Dark Souls and Journey work.  That makes sense when you look at the picture, seeing as how they are in the same place but different points in the day/night cycle:

b2xsnhS.jpg

Never played Destiny so I dunno. Ive played a ton of other games though, and it feels like a blend of Fallout,  FarCry, and any space exploration related franchise of your choosing. VERY open world. I spent all day going really not all that far from my crash site and farming, gathering supplies, and I just took off in to the sky, and the world is massive, and its just one. Exploration is the principal theme.

Sci fi adventure/mystery is the vibe im getting so far

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'd kill a man for 2-3 more inventory slots :(

Good start. Im done for the day. Won't have anywhere near as much time tonorrow, but im gonna fly over the surface of the planet looking for clues, then go off into Space

My backpack is fully upgraded and I constantly run out of space. Decided to frequently goto the trader to keep the inventory down. Just make sure I always have carbon and plutonium

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Do you have to go off planet to find a trader?

I found a bunch of them on the moon of the planet I started on, but I believe I had a couple of them on planet as well. When I go back to the planet to finish exploring (at 75% currently ) then I will see if the aliens I met there trade goods. I am about halfway done learning their language too.

33 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'd kill a man for 2-3 more inventory slots :(

Good start. Im done for the day. Won't have anywhere near as much time tonorrow, but im gonna fly over the surface of the planet looking for clues, then go off into Space

You can expand the inventory slots, but I don't want to spoil anything for you.  It's not easy and I've only done it once.  I need a new spaceship though, **** this puddle jumper.  I just found a planet with huge columns of aluminum, might farm and sell over and over.

If you want to farm, bypass chips are the way to go. Dirt cheap to make with a great turnover. I don't have the patience to sit around and abuse the system, but one very easily could. I'm surprised they never fixed that. 

I found a cave full of gold and a brick of Emerill and now I'm rich af. Another 500k and I can get a really fancy ship.

41 minutes ago, Bacon said:

If you want to farm, bypass chips are the way to go. Dirt cheap to make with a great turnover. I don't have the patience to sit around and abuse the system, but one very easily could. I'm surprised they never fixed that. 

I found a cave full of gold and a brick of Emerill and now I'm rich af. Another 500k and I can get a really fancy ship.

How many credits are you at? I hit over 500K just now.  Need to go back to planet Taze and find those other aluminum stacks.  It's not gold, but it's still good money.

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

How many credits are you at? I hit over 500K just now.  Need to go back to planet Taze and find those other aluminum stacks.  It's not gold, but it's still good money.

I'm at 250k after 7 hours. About an hour of that was getting the ship repaired and another hour was spent on the hyperdrive.

How far y'all gotten so far?  Any crazy **** happen?  I found some settlement where the alien wanted my multi-tool, I gave it to him and got an upgraded one with more slots.  I also got destroyed by some ships attacking something in space.  I tried to engage and quickly realized that I was gonna be toast lol

Pre-bought PC version.  Excited to start it up tomorrow after work.  I've had a hankering for a space game.  Tried Eve a while back but learning curve seemed overly demanding.  I wanted something where you could enjoy it on your own without a ton of pressure from other players, but still group up.  No Man's Sky seems almost too far the other way, but we'll see.  It appears to tick a lot of boxes.

I also bought Elite whenot was 15 bucks and never actually played it...I figure one Elite, NMS, and Star Citizen should do the trick.

49 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

How far y'all gotten so far?  Any crazy **** happen?  I found some settlement where the alien wanted my multi-tool, I gave it to him and got an upgraded one with more slots.  I also got destroyed by some ships attacking something in space.  I tried to engage and quickly realized that I was gonna be toast lol

yeah, same thing happened to me as well. I have upgraded the multi-tool a few times. Also found a shipwreck that had a better ship then what I started with.

Also tried to join a firefight....big mistake with my newb ship.

I decided to go free flying for awhile to revisit some of the first planets so I can get 100% discovered and get a nice payout. So now I have all paths available if I want.

I have the shipwreck icon too, was actually going to see how big an upgrade it was, but entered the orbit on the wrong side, **** was taking forever to get to the wreckage.  So I found the aluminum stacks and eventually the gold stacks and decided to just farm the **** out of stuff until I made a million.  My guess is it will be a bigger ship and upgrade than what I have, but I'm most likely going to farm to buy one of those huge ships at the space station that has 23-25 slots.

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I have the shipwreck icon too, was actually going to see how big an upgrade it was, but entered the orbit on the wrong side, **** was taking forever to get to the wreckage.  So I found the aluminum stacks and eventually the gold stacks and decided to just farm the **** out of stuff until I made a million.  My guess is it will be a bigger ship and upgrade than what I have, but I'm most likely going to farm to buy one of those huge ships at the space station that has 23-25 slots.

There are a few. I have seen 3 shipwrecks now. The one I went with has 3 extra slots and had some cool tech in it so I kept it. I'm in save mode now to get a bigger one, but I want to make sure the one I get can fight and has a bunch of slots.

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I snuck in some time this morning. Made it off planet and sold my stuff at a space station.

The area i started is one big planet and two moons, so I havent done much. Hit the motherload on one of the moons and made it to a mil plus, just bkasting away at gigantic gold monoliths

Found a shipwreck and repaired it. Wicked particle beam, but i traded it with an alien at this gigantic trade post, for a more load bearing, guerilla style spaceship. Then got my hyperdive. Been making great use of the jetpack mod, spamming R1 and easily clearing a lot of ground (decided not to go with the sprinting mod), so that, coupled with a complete exploration build with my weapons, led to me being able to really strip the areas pretty quickly.

Gonna jump to another system later tonight after i check some distress beacon on the second moon

Archived