Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Man's Sky - PS4

Dont Taze Me Bro

I hope some of y'all pull the trigger and get this.  So far, it's fun as hell.  Imagine Star Trek and Fallout made love and had a child.  I'll recap what I posted in the PS4/XB1 thread and what others posted.  There are 18 quintillion planets to explore.  Majority of them (from an article I read) are the size off GTA/Fallout worlds.  Everyone starts out at the edge of the universe on a separate planet.  

Starting out it guides you along, like Fallout, you have to repair all your equipment, craft some things, repair your ship, etc.  You can continue to explore or leave once your ship is ready.  I immediately took off once I could.  The developers have not ruled out multiplayer, but there is only like a less than 1% chance you would randomly bump into another human player in the game.  

I'm taking it upon myself to find other players towards the center of the galaxy, my guess is over time, people will try to make this happen.  But for now, I'm exploring planets on the way there, in fact, I just landed on my second planet.  I now need to find a way to craft a hyperdrive so I can go between solar systems.  

Here is a link to the beginners guide.  So far, I have only glanced at one thing on it when I got stumped.  

http://www.polygon.com/no-mans-sky/2016/8/9/12403638/beginners-guide

23 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just browsed the psn. 3.67GB?

For a game seemingly so monstrous, something is really off there  

Procedurally generated games save a lot of space because the dense algorithms involved in creating the game are at least partially random. Hello Games didn't create quintillions of planets by hand!

5 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah man, it's real.  That's why there is almost no chance of running into another player randomly.  

Wonder if they'll allow me to play out my fantasy of pillaging a settlement,  slaughtering the women and children, and destroying the planet

39 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I figured that "quintillions" stuff was just hype.

Holy ****

Check out this article on it that breaks down the size comparatively 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/making-sense-of-no-mans-skys-massive-universe/1100-6441344/

As an example: there are 2.5 times more planets in No Man's Sky than grains of sand on the surface of the Earth 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

So multiplayer does not exist in this game.

There is no multiplayer where you can instantly get to friends, or warp to, nothing like that.  But from my understanding, it can exist randomly but only with a less than 1% chance.  Mainly because the game world is so enormous.  From what I can gather reading online, is that as eventually as you progress towards the center of the universe (everyone starts out on the edge), it could be possible in time to start progressing towards one planet/solar system and encounter other human players.  But not end game, this will take a ton off coordinated effort offline to pull it off.  Essentially, you could keep warping and warping, etc. until you find someone.

How long will it take?  I'm not sure.  Right now, I'm only in my second solar system towards the center of the universe lol.  Been playing for 5 hours straight.  Finally got my hyperdrive and now the plans to make the warp cells to power it.  This game is resource heavy.  You have to follow "missions" to gain the tools to explore and create mats/upgrades.  

But I'm having a blast playing it.  Found some spaceships at a space station you can buy, right now, too expensive, but you can farm and sell mats at trading posts and stuff.  

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

So multiplayer does not exist in this game.

it exists in the same way that it exists in this galaxy if it were an RTS where each player controls the native creatures of one planet.  Haven't met another player, yet, but darn it, it will happen!

Archived