Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Man's Sky - PS4

Dont Taze Me Bro

28 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Ouch.  That's harsh.

Last playthrough got riddled with error messages. Keeps happening. The repetition will drive you to cut into your skin to find the answers as to why the pain won't go away.

Like gaming in its infancy, and a ton of other modern era games, if the repetition was fun, that would be different. But the farming for eternity, the glitches, the vagueness of your true mission (or of any mission), the horrible rendering of the animal life (PS2/1.5 level in most instances), the general unremarkability of planetary/system diversity (zero gas giants, same freighters, same pirats that try to kill you, same everything).... $59.99 for this is a straight up con job. No other honest way to put it.

I haven't played as much as Sin has, but I can see it getting to the point I don't want to play and it's the same ole same ole.  Hopefully they will patch it and add real content.

I will say I did jump into it with hopes of multiplayer and the fact it was left out/doesn't work did piss me off.  But I was hanging on the hope of future patches. 

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I haven't played as much as Sin has, but I can see it getting to the point I don't want to play and it's the same ole same ole.  Hopefully they will patch it and add real content.

I will say I did jump into it with hopes of multiplayer and the fact it was left out/doesn't work did piss me off.  But I was hanging on the hope of future patches. 

The bugs really made me hostile lol. Never seen anything like it before. At one point I became even hesitant to pause the screen because just about every third time I did, it would kick me out of the game with with an error notification. Every other time i tried to save... error notification. Looting crates/opening panels... error notification. Land and get out of your ship.... error notification. Complete mess

They've done several patches (of what, i don't know, because nothing has been fixed), but there is just so much more wrong with this game.

It's insulting to me how they trotted this out there and actually expected people to buy it in droves.

Looks like I'll havto wait til Andromeda drops in winter to get my actual space fill 

I probably only spent about 12+ hours playing NMS. By the time I arrived at the fifth system I was pretty much board with it. Just far to repetitive. :(

Game's probably isn't even worth spending $15 on let alone 60$.

Oh and the anti aliasing on the PC version is garbage. Game looks like **** in soo many spots.

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, Springfield said:

Fool me once, shame on me...

No no...

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice Shame on me...

I bet you say make like a tree and get out of here too...

11 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah its basically going down as one of the biggest busts in video game history

Yeah...its not great, but I think the potential is still there. I am curious as to how this update does. I think it would be even better if they made it for the VR

Building a base...........until you can travel to other planets and interact with other players and attack their base, join forces, etc.  It's just minecraft in space, all alone, with nobody.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

But since I didn't buy a physical copy, I have no choice but to see what they have and try to salvage something

I got the digital download too.  Deleted that ****.  You can always go back and re-download it.  I might later, if multiplayer is added.  At this point, I don't see anything saving that game other than some type of co-op/multiplayer with new content like missions, etc.  Right now, we are Daryl and they are playing Easy Street on infinite loop.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

But I thought that the point of the game, is that it's so expansive that the likelihood of you meeting another player in this game was nearly impossible.

True. And im not sure what the point of co-op/head 2 head would be. 

Andromeda is coming out in a few months anyway, and at that point it will be like this never existed

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

But I thought that the point of the game, is that it's so expansive that the likelihood of you meeting another player in this game was nearly impossible.

It was, then two players met day 2, except it didn't work like they said it would and they couldn't see each other.  They need to either make it smaller where there can be interaction or they need to implement more game modes like co-op or multiplayer where the galaxy isn't as big and you can run into fights, etc.

6 hours ago, Xameil said:

No no...

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice Shame on me...

I bet you say make like a tree and get out of here too...

Yeah...its not great, but I think the potential is still there. I am curious as to how this update does. I think it would be even better if they made it for the VR

Dude there's nothing to fix. There's no content in this game. Simple updates won't make this game better. It needs a complete rebuild which would take years for a game of this size. It's a massive bomb. The only reason they're even adding some content is so they avoid being sued for false advertisement. I mean he blatantly lied about content that would be in the launch game. This is a disaster. 

Just now, Taylor703 said:

Dude there's nothing to fix. There's no content in this game. Simple updates won't make this game better. It needs a complete rebuild which would take years for a game of this size. It's a massive bomb. The only reason they're even adding some content is so they avoid being sued for false advertisement. I mean he blatantly lied about content that would be in the launch game. This is a disaster. 

Idk...I think you're wrong, but that may be just the optimist in me. 

Just now, Xameil said:

Idk...I think you're wrong, but that may be just the optimist in me. 

The thing is it's not as easy as just changing a bit of code and adding stuff here or there. I can understand being optimistic if you bought the game but from the outside looking in it just looks like a classic bait and switch. I really hope it works out for you guys who bought the game at full price because you really got served a **** sandwich. As a gamer this isn't what we play for. Sorry dude. 

Archived