Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SWFL's Summer Camp: The official Twitter thread, RVA style, slip and slide included, boogers extra, Cheerleader=counselors

SWFLSkins

39 minutes ago, Gregpeck99 said:

Maybe ... but he is not getting paid that much.  Ever ask why?

Skins are in re-build mode and need to look to future.  McCoy aint it.

How is a team that is trying to defend a division crown, that has their QB in place, that has a HC going into year three...rebuilding? 

We are building, always building...but make no mistake, we're trying to win.

The Browns are rebuilding. They restructured their FO, hired a new HC, they're dealing anyone with a pulse who isn't a building block player for picks, scooping starters at important positions off of the scrap heap, more worried about 2018 and beyond than 2016...that is what a rebuilding team looks like.

We are IN our future. Some of our best franchise players aren't getting any younger.

Every time Long was in at Center during the preseason you can see the difference in the running game clearly. Now, keep in mind he was only playing there against backups, but there's no doubt he was a presence in the running game at Center. 

He and Lauvao beside each other will instantly boost the rushing attack, I just wonder how much of a drop off its going to be in terms of blitz pickups/stunts/assignments in general. 

Good news is he didn't have a bad snap during the preseason games, iirc, something we heard kept happening in practice. 

If the team decides to start Long at Center, I'm going to assume they believe the drop off from Lich in terms of assignments will only be temporary and manageable. Cousins should be able to negate most of those issues himself with line calls as well. 

Suffice to say, I'm excited about the potential of this move (if it's happening). Lauvao and Long looked really good beside each other most of the time, against backups or not. 

26 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Didn't know where to put this, but this website says if last year's draft took place again, Preston Smith have the sixth overall pick

http://nflspinzone.com/2016/04/06/nfl-draft-re-picking-2015-first-round/7/

This is awesome and unsurprising. Preston has looked like the cream of the crop in terms of pass rushing and we were able to get him pretty deep into the second round. He is one of the bunch of players I am really excited to watch this season. I think he is going to blow up and give us a 10+ sack season. He has looked absolutely dominant at times.

Have had a few questions about whether Sudfeld makes the 53 or not. My gut says no, but I won't be shocked if I'm wrong. #Redskins

#Browns QB & self promotion robot RG3 cautioned fans wanting too much too soon. "Trust in me" he said. "Jesus couldn't read a blitz, either"

I'm still nervous. Never forgot that feeling. I hate these two days.

#BangRadioHour update: #Bills cut DE Manny Lawson after Def. Coord. Rob Ryan whines that he "spent too long eyeing my private donut buffet:"

Put A Smile On Someone Face Today...Spread love it's DA #NuLa Way

CrW3U11UsAERo_p.jpg

Here is my sure to be awful, 53-man roster guess for the #Redskins ..I know you will disagree but .. https://www.dchotread.com/2016/09/02/redskins-53-in-2016  @MonSportsNet

Cullen Jenkins made up for lost time with impact performance in one-game audition read it in BRBN WP

Redskins face numbers game at offensive line, running back.. looking at each spot on Offense and decisions they face read it in BRBN ESPN

2 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Every time Long was in at Center during the preseason you can see the difference in the running game clearly. Now, keep in mind he was only playing there against backups, but there's no doubt he was a presence in the running game at Center. 

He and Lauvao beside each other will instantly boost the rushing attack, I just wonder how much of a drop off its going to be in terms of blitz pickups/stunts/assignments in general. 

Good news is he didn't have a bad snap during the preseason games, iirc, something we heard kept happening in practice. 

If the team decides to start Long at Center, I'm going to assume they believe the drop off from Lich in terms of assignments will only be temporary and manageable. Cousins should be able to negate most of those issues himself with line calls as well. 

Suffice to say, I'm excited about the potential of this move (if it's happening). Lauvao and Long looked really good beside each other most of the time, against backups or not. 

Yep...and one of the things that I read Cousins worked on a lot in the off-season was learning to read the defenses to improve his ability to call out the OL protection packages.

So, I'm going to guess the the coaches have seen improvement by Cousins + Long's play > KLicht. 

Archived