Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SWFL's Summer Camp: The official Twitter thread, RVA style, slip and slide included, boogers extra, Cheerleader=counselors

SWFLSkins

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'd roll the dice that Cousins stays healthy and trade McCoy in a second if it meant fixing a hole elsewhere 

hes a backup. He's a good backup but he's not more valuable to me than a starter elsewhere. Especially with Cousins who doesn't have an injury history 

Not worth the risk. If you trade him, who backs up Kirk? And don't say Nate Sudfeld, because that's insane and I'd have to beat you with a wet noodle.

Nah, it's more like hey, its friggin still raining outside,,,,hahahaa....good thing it is not the weekend......It's pretty north of me but it's been raining here on and off really heavy at times.....some minor street level flooding. 

Hap actually is at the game in the press box.....

44 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

Nah, it's more like hey, its friggin still raining outside,,,,hahahaa....good thing it is not the weekend......It's pretty north of me but it's been raining here on and off really heavy at times.....some minor street level flooding. 

Hap actually is at the game in the press box.....

Believe it or not, it is raining here in Richmond right now.

Started just after the game ended. :) 

Joe Barry coordinated defense from the booth today. Walking out he joked "Oh it rained today?" #RedskinsTalk

One #Redskins coach, while walking past Deshazor Everett doing an interview: "That guy played his ass off tonight. That was fun to watch."

2 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Not worth the risk. If you trade him, who backs up Kirk? And don't say Nate Sudfeld, because that's insane and I'd have to beat you with a wet noodle.

I'm not concerned with who his backup is that most likely will never see the field. I'd rather have a good starter that can play.

if the team or season goes in the toilet because Kirk misses significant time, it likely was headed that way already if Kirk is hurt and McCoy isn't going to save the season or take us on a deep playoff run.

I'll surrender a season over a backup QB if it means a quality starter elsewhere. and if the season tanks because we don't have a good backup...well we just get a higher draft pick and another quality starter 

i think we worry too much about the backup QB here

27 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Believe it or not, it is raining here in Richmond right now.

Started just after the game ended. :) 

Lucky you. That storm knocked my power out twice during the game here in Roanoke. First time was no biggie as it was right at halftime.

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'm not concerned with who his backup is that most likely will never see the field. I'd rather have a good starter that can play.

if the team or season goes in the toilet because Kirk misses significant time, it likely was headed that way already if Kirk is hurt and McCoy isn't going to save the season or take us on a deep playoff run.

I'll surrender a season over a backup QB if it means a quality starter elsewhere. and if the season tanks because we don't have a good backup...well we just get a higher draft pick and another quality starter 

i think we worry too much about the backup QB here

So, if Kirk was to miss a game and a half, with the division on the line, you think STudfeld and random player, might give you a better chance than McCoy and you'd be willing to miss the playoffs for that?

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

So, if Kirk was to miss a game and a half, with the division on the line, you think STudfeld and random player, might give you a better chance than McCoy and you'd be willing to miss the playoffs for that?

Yeah those are the breaks. We'd be a better team overall plugging a hole with a quality starter for 16 games rather than having a guy sit the bench. Good coaching and an overall better team around them can navigate a game or two from a less than good backup QB

Besides, I don't think McCoy is anything special. He's just a nice guy that knows the system well. There are 5-6 mccoys in every draft. Sudfeld whatever his name is may not be one right now but he could be by next season. I'd take that chance. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah those are the breaks. We'd be a better team overall plugging a hole with a quality starter rather than having a guy sit the bench. Good coaching and an overall better team around them can navigate a game or two from a less than good backup QB

Besides, I don't think McCoy is anything special. He's just a nice guy that knows the system well. There are 5-6 mccoys in every draft. Sudfeld whatever his name is may not be one right now but he could be by next season. I'd take that chance. 

So, if we're 10-5 and Kirk is out for the last week and we need the win for the division and possibly the playoffs. You'd rather lose the game, than win?

31 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don't know. We've been quarterback hunting for 20 plus years. Finding a QB that can step in and win a game in valuable and not all that easy to find. Hell, a lot of teams can't find a starter. Think of all the misses we picked. I don't think there are 5-6 McCoys in every draft... if there were Dallas wouldn't have fallen off a cliff last year. 

Very few teams have a decent qb back up situation. It's a good luxury to have.

55 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Besides, I don't think McCoy is anything special. He's just a nice guy that knows the system well. There are 5-6 mccoys in every draft.

This is so short sighted.  McCoy wasn't this great of a backup 3 years ago.  The reason he's so valuable to us now is that he's been in this system for so long and if something happens to Kirk, we have someone to take over the reigns.  I'd rather have peace of mind knowing we don't really miss a beat when our QB goes down than to trade him to plug in some random player elsewhere.  Cowboys and Bengals last year and the Vikes this year had/have major problems because their QB went down.  It would take Sudfeld quite a few years to get to the point that Colt is right now in relation to our system.  You can't just grab a guy off the street and BAM he's a solid backup.

It's not like QB injuries are uncommon.  You gotta be prepared for when it does happen.  We'll still be competitive if Colt has to play for an extended amount of time.  Most other teams can't say that.

Archived